• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Signature of the Month: Voting Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
How to Vote:
First pick which one you'd like to vote for then give your reason for doing so. It is highly suggested that you critique, so say what you like about it and what they could improve on. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST VOTE. Also, don't vote for yourself! Even if you didn't participate in this month's SOTM, we'd still like it if you voted too!

Entrants
Hidden
iDrops
Vicodin

Entries (In random order)
ebe7fq.png

Signaturesmall8_19_14-vi.gif

PolarOppositesSignature3PNG-1.png~original

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Since there isn't a poll, I take it we'll be writing our pick in the posts and counting them up afterwards.

I will absolutely vote for entry 3 -- I love the color and texture of the flames in the background and would like to know more about how that effect was achieved. The only thing I might play around with is the fact that there's so much going on center-left and so little far-right. I like the darker colors, but I might try adding in a simple white text or graphic just to draw my eye in that direction.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
My apologies for missing the deadline, these past weeks have been crazy.

1. 1: Oh man that tag is wonderful. I love the use of the colors, the nods to Bucky's origins as the Winter Soldier, and the effects are very well done!
2. 3: iDrops, you've again proven yourself to be a master of consistency. This tag is very well done however, I'm not sure I like the washed out blue/black on the edges. Oh man though, that fire is sooo... hot. lol
3. 2: Well, I'm not really sure how I feel about your entry. While I am impressed by your ability to animate a single picture into another version of itself, I will say that it's not very appealing. The thing about Signature of the Month contests, is that you're wanting to make digital art. I feel like it's not inherently graphic art- it's more just a quick photo manipulation. However, with the next signature of the month, I feel like your animation ability will come in handy- if you can make it fit the Signature mold- and then break it by adding animation. Good try Hidden :)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm going to vote for Entry 1.)

I like the effects of pieces thrown up by Bucky's arm. Its like they're glowing, or happen to be pieces of lava on debris. I also like how you threw in the text "Winter Soldier". It doesn't take away from the tag and looks like eye candy. I'll admit, I'm not in love with Bucky himself, because I think there could of been better stock to choose from. But I like how there's a 3D effect to him and the effects surrounding him. Which is really sharp and classy.

------

Entry 2.

I like the animation a lot! I'm not quite familiar with tags using animation, but I think you could excel in it, and make future tags amazing with more practice on them. So, don't do just landscapes! Boraden your horizons! Anyhow, I really like how it transforms into summer then slowly returns to back being winter. Otherwise, I imagine you spent a lot of time making the animation just right in order to make it shine. I'm actually curious how you make the brick stand out more with another layer to brighten itself.

Entry 3.

I like how colorful it is. I like how the flames look real in the background. Its another piece of eye candy that I like. I can't decide if it takes focus away from the center or not. Anyhow, I really like the other objects behind the guy standing in the center holding a bag of Christmas goodies. The only thing I'd critique about this is the spot light above his head. Its kind of blaring to the eye to some degree. Otherwise, I like all of it.

Overall these were glorious tags! It was tough to choose one, when all of them were superb! =D

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Are you voting for all three Nutari?

I vote for entry 1: I really like the colours and the stock, I think they work really well together. The flames are a beautiful colour and I love how part of the flames are covering the stock, I think that helps to give a little depth into the tag. I'm not too fond of the map in the background though, the colour of the map doesn't really match with the rest of the tag. Also I think the text in the map takes too much attention away from the rest of the tag, especially the winter solider text. Anyway, it's an amazing tag, I love it!

Even though I've voted for the first one, I really like the second one too. I love the animation and the way it slowly transforms into the other picture. The transition effect is really nice. I would however change the colours as the contrast seems to be a little too high for my tastes, and this contrast really stands out during the transition.

Vicodin

relative power
I am voting for Entry 3. I really do quite enjoy the effects you have used, and they mesh really well together, and the visual flow is present, however visual hierarchy is not. Everything works together really well, I just wish there was more of a forced depth going on, because it's falling flat and therefore I'm finding it hard to settle on your actual subject. I also want to note that the color scheme (mainly that purple-blue) is super overwhelming and I would have loved to see less washing of the tag with that color. Other than that the composition is actually really nice and is a solid tag.

I also want to note on Entry 2, keep doing animations. While this one may not have been a super success, I've been here since 2005 and it's rare to see tags animated in a way that's... not just a gif. Try some other things because I think it'd be really cool to see more animated tags, especially in the current trends.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Definitely voting for number 3.

Nothing like a little bit of Kanda plus some nice effects and backgrounds to make a sig~

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I'm ranking them. For some reason, I thought we were still doing the point system from old. My bad xD
The old system had ranks? I thought they just voted for two or three entries... I wasn't part of the old sotw though so I'm sorry if I got the voting system wrong, I'll do it right next time I swear! Also, I'm gonna take your first rank as your vote since everybody else has only voted for one tag.

Anyway, we have a tie for this month's SOTM. The winners are Vicodin and iDrops. Thank you to everyone who voted and entered! Hopefully we'll get even more entries for the next SOTM which will be starting soon.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
The old system had ranks? I thought they just voted for two or three entries... I wasn't part of the old sotw though so I'm sorry if I got the voting system wrong, I'll do it right next time I swear! Also, I'm gonna take your first rank as your vote since everybody else has only voted for one tag.

Anyway, we have a tie for this month's SOTM. The winners are Vicodin and iDrops. Thank you to everyone who voted and entered! Hopefully we'll get even more entries for the next SOTM which will be starting soon.

If you want me to host the next one- i.e. the voting thread, I can. Hopefully by then I won't be running around with my head cut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back