• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CD's Right Writes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Yo, what's up. I've decided to save some space and make a single thread for any and all new content I create from now on, not including stories that already have their own threads. I have a bunch of ideas I want to put out, but I'd hate to get started on them and never finish them (see: Simple Stuff) so what I plan to do is use this thread to post any new stories I have. Like I mentioned, this won't include stories that already have their own thread, so Appreciate, CLASSIC, and Simple Stuff will be posted in their respective threads while any new things will be posted here. I'll also go ahead and post the links to those threads too because why not. Whoo.

Animal Crossing Deluxe (Finished) : The only fanfic I've really written (I don't really like fanfics) but peeps seemed to have enjoyed it. Dude moves into a town full of animals and lives his life. There are some coming of age bits in there as well.

Simple Stuff (hiatus) : Should be named "Stupid Stuff". I try to walk a thin line between quirky humor and lolsorandomXD. Not much has been written yet, plus it's on a hiatus.

CLASSIC : (Ongoing) Dude with a sword goes on adventures in a fantasy setting. 's pretty fun.

Appreciate : (temp. hiatus) : High school girl's slice of life. I'm...not joking.

Oh, I also did some poetry, kind of.

Unassorted is one of (if not, the most) serious things I've ever written. I plan to redo the first few paragraphs to make it match with the rest of the story, but that's for another time. "Sorting the Unassorted", which is the last part of Unassorted, is also my award winning (Hahahaha it's funny cuz it's kinda true) entry for KHI's Shippers Contest.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Stuff from the month long writing challenge! Spelling and Grammar Errors abound! Like, more than usual.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hey look, something new! I wrote this years ago, but never actually finished it. It's a neat little spy-like story set in a futuristic city. It's fun to look back on old stuff, even if it ends rather abruptly.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Sooo... I really like this new story you've shown us, CD-Mann. I'm curious if Alexis will cross paths with Sana and Jack? Or if Alexis is actually Sana? Since, its kind of odd how she mentions a world that only has night time, a motorcycle, the fish tank, and the actual time. I feel like it connects somehow. Otherwise, I really like Sana a lot from the beginning. I wouldn't of expected the female bodyguard to go after them. Also, why the odd habit of picking leaves off of a tree? (I feel like there's a peculiar reason for this. xD) Did this story ever have an ending to it btw? ouo

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Sooo... I really like this new story you've shown us, CD-Mann. I'm curious if Alexis will cross paths with Sana and Jack? Or if Alexis is actually Sana? Since, its kind of odd how she mentions a world that only has night time, a motorcycle, the fish tank, and the actual time. I feel like it connects somehow. Otherwise, I really like Sana a lot from the beginning. I wouldn't of expected the female bodyguard to go after them. Also, why the odd habit of picking leaves off of a tree? (I feel like there's a peculiar reason for this. xD) Did this story ever have an ending to it btw? ouo

Yes, Alexis and Sana are one and the same! As the story would have progressed, there would have been more overlapping situations from both sides; the fish tank, thinking of a world without day, and motorcycle were all bits of that. Sana and her world is just the overactive imagination of Alexis where thoughts and ideas throughout the day would influence what she came up with during her dreams/daydreams. And nah, I never planned out an ending, but I did plan out a significant part amount of the story, of which I will be reusing for CLASSIC's Band of Thieves expansion. Also, rereading that is strange because of the foul language I now try to stay away from. "Any chance of a reachy?"? How vulgar. XD

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Re: CD's Right Writes 8/31/14 - Etrian Odyssey Guild Icarus' First Flight

This is something I wrote for my friend's birthday years and years ago. He's a big fan of the Etrian Odyssey games, and I was too broke to actually buy him anything, so I wrote this instead. If you don't know anything about Etrian Odyssey, don't worry. I knew next to nothing when I wrote this. Basically there's a town next to a forest/labyrinth that guilds can enter to explore and defeat monsters/earn treasure. There are a bunch of enemies, including F.O.E.s, which are like mini bosses of sorts. Also, some of these names might sound familiar if you've read my other stuff (including the town!). I might have mentioned that I have a set character for certain 'classes', but some of them fell out of my mental loop as time went on.

Through this entire thing, I still cannot spell the words 'odyssey' or 'labyrinth' correctly. I also realize this is fanfiction, but I'd rather not create another thread for a one shot, which is the whole purpose of this thread for me anyway.

---
Etrian Odyssey : Guild Icarus’ First Flight

Morning bells rang throughout the town known as Blueshire. The soft rays of light penetrating the thickest of overhead leaves, awakening birds from their dreamful slumber. The chirping of early risers ever heard by all in town, gratefully nipping at the amount of bread crumbs the baker threw at them, all of which were stale and now unsellable. The town quickly began to rise, and the regular noises filled the air, overtaking the song of flying birds. People talked, they laughed, they argued, they did everything a normal community was expected, but most importantly, they lived together. They were a family, whether they knew it or not, it was due to their close relations that kept them safe from the many dangers that lurked in the nearby labyrinth. Many brave people explored the place. Some went for riches. Others for the thrill of adventure. Whatever the case was, nearly all who entered and returned alive agreed on one thing: despite the many beauties that greeted them early on, it was ultimately a place of evil. Many inexperienced and eager teenagers have met early ends trying to prove their worth by entering it, never to be seen again. Though people are not restricted from entering of their free will, guards have recently been placed at the entrance to stop anybody who is not properly equipped from entering. This was done to stop both, fools who think they can handle the dangers, and unwary travelers who are unfamiliar with the area from wandering in. Naturally, there are often expeditions held for strong and willing people to further explore the labyrinth. The town’s Guild Hall is responsible for these expeditions, as well as many groups--or guilds--who offer their services to the town, and indeed the rest of the land if asked for. It is in that very Guild Hall that a group of people banded together to create their own guild: Guild Icarus.

There was Ellery Froth the Dark Hunter, and creator of Guild Icarus, a tame man with a mellow mind meaning much to all around. Jacob Dyson the Protector, a large dull-witted, but caring man who seeks nothing but to help those who cannot help themselves. Bryer Alma the Landsknecht, a rough powerhouse with a sharp temper, and a sharper pair of sword and axe. Cecily and Aaron Cloc, sister and brother beginner Alchemists whose eyes are wide in wonder of the world around them. Faith Reyes the Medic, whose kind words and steadfast staves make her invaluable, but a terrible foil to Noah Yerrs, another Medic who, while still cares for everyone in the Guild, has a terrible way of showing it. Sharon Teran the Survivalist, with her vast knowledge of the outside world, she teaches the Guild how to live in areas that would normally spell doom. And finally, the twin Troubadours Thomas and Emily Stride, whose lulling music brings strength to the Guild, but trouble to any who oppose them. While still new, Guild Icarus has gotten a fair amount of praise from the townsfolk for the amount of increasingly good work they have been doing.

--Guild Hall: Guild Icarus’ Quarters--

“Look,” Aaron said in frustration, sitting atop a wooden box. “All I’m saying is you can stand to be a little less grouchy.” Bryer sniffed heavily in response.
“I don’t see why I should. If you don’t like the way I act, you’re welcome to leave Icarus anytime you want. It’s either that or…” He cracked his knuckles and sneered at Aaron.
“Don’t make me set your hair on fire!” Aaron retaliated.
“Enough, both of you.” Noah shouted. “Put your squabbling aside for a few minutes while we wait on the rest of the Guild to come. Ellery said this was important, so let’s not mess it up. Got it?” Neither of them answered, looking to the side, away from each other instead. “Good.” He finished. Cicely shifted uneasily next to her brother while Sharon leaned silent as a stone against a nearby by wall. The door leading to the Guild’s Quarters suddenly opened, and both Ellery and Jacob entered the room. Ellery walked tall and proud. Jacob entered panting, and obviously tired. Heavy amounts of armor do that to a person. Everyone already present sat upright, waiting to hear what their Guild Leader had to say.
“I’ll go ahead and start now,” he said “since both Faith and the Stride twins already know of this. We’ve got jobs to do, one of which came directly from the Guild Hall itself. The other from the Pub.” If the room wasn’t at attention before, it certainly was now. Quests were normally handed out at the Golden Deer Pub. To receive one from the Guild Hall was almost unheard of. “First, the one from the Pub. The bartender told me just now that a boy has gone missing in the labyrinth. I don’t know why a boy was in there in the first place, but it doesn’t matter now. We have to go in and find him. Second,” He went on as the rest of the group held their breaths, “is from the Guild Hall. They say a dangerous FOE known to them as the Furyhorn.”
“That’s a stupid name.” Aaron whispered. Bryer nodded in agreement, but they both made sure Ellery didn’t hear or see anything.
“We’ve got a lot of ways we can work this through, but I think the best way would be to have us split up into two groups and tackle the situations head on.
“What?” Bryer braked. “Why do we have to split into two?! If we’re all together we have more firepower! Brute strength all the way, man!” Cecily eyed him wearily. If Ellery wasn’t in the room, she probably would have electrocuted him and blamed her brother for it.
“You’re forgetting, Bryer my friend,” Jacob said smiling, “the reason we make a wonderful Guild is because of how versatile we can become. Think of it: two Troubadours, two Alchemists, and two Medics. Side that with the rest of us, and we can bring down any FOE that crosses us.”
“But that only works if we’re all together, dumbnuts!” Bryer shouted.
“Bryer, be quiet.” Sharon said, finally moving from her place. “It isn’t up to us to decide what happens, and Ellery is right, this is the most efficient choice we can make.”
“That means Cecily and I will have to split apart again, right?” Aaron asked Ellery, who nodded.
“Sorry, but it won’t be for long. Once both teams finish their missions, they are ordered to return either here, or to the nearby hotel and rest. Also, I will make sure both teams have at least a single Warp Wire in case things get ugly. They’ll send the group back to town in an instant, and remember that they’ve save our lives more than once out there.” Everyone nodded. Then Sharon spoke again.
“So how are we going to be split up? Do you have a plan for that?”
“Yes. I will be in charge of the team going for the Furyhorn. Faith will be in charge of the Search and Rescue.”
“So then that means I’ll be going with you,” Noah spoke up, “since Faith will be that team’s Medic.” Ellery nodded once more.
“Basically, it’s going to be Jacob, Cecily, Thomas, Noah, and I that will go for the Furyhorn. Bryer, Aaron, Emily, Sharon, and Faith will look for the missing boy.”
“No way! Bryer shouted again, “I want to go after the Furyhorn! That’s not fair, you know I love battling, I should be there, not Jacob!”
“But you always end up rushing in without thinking.” Cecily said. “And then you get yourself hurt. Like, a lot.”
“I don’t have to take that from a back-liner!” He said in a harsh tone.
“Would you stop already?” Sharon scolded. “Ellery, maybe you should reconsider. If we take him like this, he’ll just be moaning about it the whole time we’re out there. You know how he gets.”
“I’m standing right here, you witch.” Bryer grumbled, glaring at Sharon. Ellery ran his palm down his face in slight frustration.
“Alright, yeah, that’s fine too, I guess. I would have rather preferred to have Jacob’s defenses with us, but if you think you can control yourself, Bryer, then I don’t see why you can’t take his place.”

Thirty minutes later, and the two groups of five were standing outside the entrance of the labyrinth, ready to enter.
“Does both group have their Warp Wires?” Faith called out, holding out her own Warp Wire. Ellery took out his and held it out for her to see. “Good. We are both prepared.”
“Remember,” Ellery told her, “The boy went missing on the south side, so that’s the best place to start.”
“And the Furyhorn was last seen in the third stratum harassing someone who was chopping wood, so that would be the appropriate place to begin your own search.” He nodded. The two groups made their way to the labyrinth, showing their weapons to the two guards as they passed. They traveled together silently part of the way, becoming tense and aware of every sound aware them. They’ve been here enough times to know that even though things may seem quiet, something might jump out and attack at any moment. The two Troubadours played songs. Some of them were to ease the minds of the group, others were said to hold back evil, and prevented the group from ambushes. Finally, they came to the separating point. They knew that this was the part where they needed to become two. With small waves and heavy hearts, they went their separate ways.

--Team Faith--

Though she admitted to herself that having Bryer moved out of her team was overall a good thing, Faith also argued that having him would mean less worry about any stray monsters. He could easily cut down a single foe if they were attacked. Luckily, Jacob was a powerful alley as well. There was something to be said about Protectors. They obviously meant to do well to those around them by blocking enemy attacks, but there was something only Jacob had. She didn’t know what it was, he just had an air around him, maybe it was a pure heart? She had never seen him angry or distressed, even in the most dire moments, he gladly took whatever hits he could, all with a smile on his face. Putting Sharon on her team was a wonderful move on Ellery’s part as well. If the lost boy was injured, hungry, or if anything else ailed him, she would undoubtedly know how to handle it. Aaron and Emily made a well balanced magic team as well. Aaron might have a sarcastic side to him, but with Emily’s good natured music and charisma, he seemed to be more calm.
“Very well,” Faith said, reaching into her bag and pulling out a parchment. “Ellery and the others need the map more than we do, so we’ll have to draw our own as we travel. Sharon, I would believe this to be in your area of expertise, so I hope you do not mind doing it for us.”
“’Course not.” Sharon said, removing the soon-to-be map from Faith’s outstretched hand. She pulled out a quill dabbed in ink and began stroking the parchment, already the areas they have been to and the area they were in were included.
“You never cease to amaze me.” Faith told her. She smiled in response, looking ahead and drawing in what she could. They kept walking, mostly in silence, though Emily’s everlasting songs rang out throughout the labyrinth’s early forest stage. The labyrinth itself was divided into multiple floors, multiple stratums. No one knew how many stratums there were, because no one dared go down far enough. The lost boy was most likely in the first floor of the first stratum, afraid and hiding in some bushes. Either that, or it was too late for him. Best not to think of that, though.

--Team Ellery--

“We’ve got everything we need.” Ellery said. “Massive strength, strong magic, healing, the only real thing we’re missing is defense, but even then I bet you have a song for that, don’t you, Thomas?”
“You bet I do!” Thomas told him in a sing-song voice as he strummed his guitar. “I call it Ballad of the Windfish.”
“That sounds like something out of a child’s game.” Noah said.
“S-so what if it is? Doesn’t mean it can’t be used for the name of a song!”
“I’m just saying…”
Suddenly, Ellery stopped walking and held up his arm. Everyone stopped as well, reaching for their weapons. They were already in the last floor of the second stratum, a single floor away from where the Furyhorn was said to be resting. Originally, people had said that the Furyhorn was always in the first stratum, but as its power grew, it moved lower and lower in the labyrinth. Though it still came back to the first stratum, and even escaped the labyrinth all together and attacked nearby travelers. Out from the bushes, a pair of large moles jumped out, along with a large moth. The group revealed their weapons and prepared for the attack.
“Take out the moth first!” Noah shouted, “I don’t want to have to cure any of you from the paralysis its wings carry.”
“I can handle it.” Cecily said, raising her staff. Her mouths worded something silently, and a split second later, the large moth burst into flames, flying around in circles.
“Good work,” Thomas said, his hands a blur over his guitar. The quick riffs the guitar emitted showed itself visibly in the very air itself, forming red waves following its own fast-paced trajectory. If the moth wasn’t it pain yet, it certainly was when the red sound wave it hit it, which caused the flames to double in size. Meanwhile, Ellery and Bryer where taking care of the two moles. Bryer simply swung his giant of a sword once downwards to destroy the mole. Ellery brandished his whip and flung it, binding the mole‘s legs together. He then swung at a nearby tree, slamming the mole into it, rendering it unconscious, if it was lucky. The group lowered their weapons and sighed. This time the enemies were weak. Next time they might be something like a Gigaboar, or a Gryphon. That would mean trouble.
“Is anyone injured?” Noah asked. Nobody answered. “Fine.” He said. “I didn’t want to heal you anyway.”

--Team Faith--

A large amount of time was spent creating the map of the first stratum. They knew there was no way the lost boy would be able to go anywhere beyond the first stratum. This was because everyone in the village was told from infancy that nothing but horrible creatures lived in the second stratum. While this wasn’t completely false, it was just a tale to make sure children didn’t wander off on their own. It was in the third floor when they heard rustling in some nearby bushes. Instinctively, Jacob stood in front of the bushes, ready to guard against any attack that might come from them. To his surprise, the missing boy fell from the bushes, and he looked exhausted. Sharon ran up to him and picked him up gingerly, checking for broken bones, bleeds, and anything else that might be wrong with him.
“He’s got a few scrapes, and I think his foot’s hurt,” She told Faith. “but other than that, he seems to be relatively healthy. Would you be kind enough to heal him?” Faith nodded.
“Place him on the floor and give me a little room.” Sharon obliged, and stepped aside. Kneeling down next to the now-unconscious boy, and placed her staff inches away from his chest. A soft white glow began to emit from her staff, and everyone around could feel the warmness that it brought with it.
“Hey! Knock that off!” Someone called out. Turning to look, the group saw a girl in dark clothing and a staff glaring at them. “Quit doing that, or I’ll force ya to!”
“Who are you?” Aaron asked, raising his own staff, ready to fire a spell at her.
“That’s not important, leave the kid alone!” She then turned around and yelled “Largo!” A second later, someone else was standing next to her. He lacked a shirt, but held a long sword in both hands, ready to swing down on them.
“Who’s that?” Emily asked.
“This is Largo, my personal Ronin.” The girl in black answered. “And we’re going to take that kid back by force!”

Without warning, Largo dashed toward them and swung heavily downwards, his attack was aimed at Faith. His sword hit metal, blocked off by Jacob’s shield.
“I do not know what it is you want,” Jacob said, putting more force on his shield, “but you are not taking this innocent child with you!” With a burst of strength, he pushed the Ronin away, and caused him to smash into the girl.
“Enough of this!” She shouted, standing up. “May you all be cursed!” With a swing of her staff, the group was covered in darkness.
“I can’t see anything!” Aaron cried, shooting balls of fire upward, hoping the fire would bring some light.
“On your guard.” Sharon said. “Just because we can’t see them doesn’t mean they can’t see us.” As if on cue, another sword swipe slashed at the air in front of her, barely missing her head. She loaded arrow after arrow, shooting wildly at the darkness, making sure she knew the position of her teammates before every shot. The sharp sound of Emily’s guitar strings echoed through the darkness, filling the group with vitality, and making them much more aware of the noises around them.
“I believe I may be able to dispatch this dark fog.” Faith said, holding her staff high above her head. A small light emitted from the tip and began to grow. Soon, the light grew brighter, and the darkness surrounding the group vanished. Largo was sitting upright next to a tree, his left shoulder crimson red, with an arrow shaft sticking out of it. The girl in dark clothing hunched next to him, tears in her eyes.
“Just take the kid.” She sobbed. “I…I didn’t think protecting him would bring this to poor Largo…He was just doing what I said.” Nobody moved. Faith took a step forward, but as soon as she did, the girl raised her staff again, pointing it directly at Faith’s chest.
“Get out of here before I hex you.” She growled. “Go. Take the brat with you. Do whatever you want with him, I don’t care anymore. Just leave Largo and me alone.” Another tear fell from her eyes. “Please.”

--Team Ellery--

It wasn’t hard to find the Furyhorn. Just a few floors down from where they thought it might be. It was resting silently on a rare stream of sunlight. Rare as in, it was rare to actually see the sun this far in the labyrinth.
“Now that we found it,” Bryer spoke, “Let’s just take it out while it’s asleep.” Ellery nodded.
“We need to plan it out first. If we just attack, it’ll wake up and probably be more upset than it normally would. Thomas, got any lullabies?”
“Pfft, of course I do. How do you think I get the big guy here to sleep at all during the night?” He said, pointing a thumb at Bryer who said nothing, but turned his slightly red face away.
“Moron, that was only once.”
“I don’t care right now.” Ellery said. “Can you play your strongest one to keep that thing asleep?” Thomas nodded. “Good. The rest of you, circle around it and wait for my order. Even with the lullaby, I’m sure the slightest noise will wake it, so stay quiet.” Everyone nodded and followed his orders. Everyone but Cecily and Noah circled the beast, who resembled a large--very large--discolored antelope. They silently agreed it was nice to look at, but they had to get rid of it. Thomas’ song made everyone slightly sleepy, but they did their best to keep their edge. “On my mark.” Ellery whispered, pulling out his whip. “Now!” He cried, slinging the beast’s legs together, and stopping it from moving. Bryer’s sword was the next thing to make contact. A stab to it’s side, bearing bright red fluid. From behind, Cecily lifted her staff, and a bolt of lightening fell from the sky, striking the Furyhorn in the back, paralyzing it indefinitely. Thomas’ soft lullaby changed dramatically, instead filling the group with strength. Noah watched the group carefully, making sure to see if any of them were injured, and if so to rush over to them and heal them as fast as possible. Never underestimate a FOE. That was something he had learned long ago.

It was over instantly. The group’s joined attack brought the beast down before it even stood up.
“That was way too easy!” Bryer laughed, cleaning his sword on a rag he carried.
“…It was.” Ellery agreed. “This isn’t right, FOEs never go down without a fight, even when caught asleep.”
“Uh, guys?” Cecily’s voice shook as she spoke. “What’s going on?” She pointed at the defeated beast, and what the group saw disgusted and frightened them The small stab wound Bryer had inflicted grew in size, and an antler stabbed out of it. Then a head appeared. Then a large body. Finally, hoofed feet stepped over the carcass of the fallen FOE. The Furyhorn was never asleep.
“I think,” Noah started, “that I shall be a lot of exercise today.”

Looming over the group was the Furyhorn, much taller than it previously was. It stood on its hind legs and stamped at the floor in front of it, causing a shockwave that knocked the three people in front--Ellery, Bryer, and Thomas--soaring past Noah and Cecily. Cecily gasped.
“W-we’re in the front now?!”
“On your toes,” Noah told him. “We can switch back once the others stand back up. I’ll try to heal them all at once, can’t you cast a spell that will buy us some time?”
“I’ll try to freeze it, but I don‘t guarantee it‘ll work…”
“Just don’t get us killed, I don’t need a casualty under my belt.” Noah turned around and whipped his staff back and forth, sending small silver stars flying to his comrades, who were now running forward to take their spots, and to pay the Furyhorn back. Cecily whispered something as Thomas’ guitar riffs surrounded her body in a dazzling blue light. Suddenly, the Furyhorn’s body was incased in ice.
“Good job.” Grunted Ellery, “Bryer, smash it to bits with the blunt side of your sword.” He didn’t need telling twice, but instead of the sword, he used his axe. Unfortunately, it didn’t go as planned, though it did cause the Furyhorn massive amounts of pain.
“We’ve almost got it.” Noah cried, taking a defensive stance as Ellery once again swiped at it with his whip. This time he aimed of one of its eyes. As soon as it struck, the Furyhorn became blind. Thomas’ song caused a pale light to surround the Furyhorn, weakening its defenses, and at the same time surrounded Bryer with a red shine. In a single fluid motion, he raised the axe over his head and slashed heavily at the Furyhorn’s neck, decapitating it.
“Let’s see Jacob do that.” He grinned, hopping away from the dead FOE.

--Team Faith--

“Wait,” Faith spoke, taking small steps to the fallen Largo. “We can help, we mean the boy no harm. Please, allow me to heal your friend. I do not know what you saw in us, but we were sent to find this boy and return him to the Pub, where his parents may pick him up.”
The girl looked at Faith, then the rest of the group. They all had concern in their eyes. She nodded and lowered her staff. Faith ran the rest of the way to Largo, his chest now dyed red. “I think I can still save him.” She whispered, holding her staff centimeters away from the arrow sticking awkwardly out of his shoulder. The light was too bright for anyone to watch, and they all had to turn away. Except Faith. She had only done this much healing on a single person once, and she hoped she never had to do it again. The arrow raised itself from Largo’s shoulder and it fell soundlessly to the grass below. The wound was closed up, and all the blood vanished.
“There.” Faith said. “He will be alright. He just needs to rest for the rest of the day.” Largo opened his eyes.
“Opal.” He whispered. The girl in black hugged him, and Faith had to stop herself from telling the girl that it probably hurt Largo to squeeze like that.
“I thought you were gone.” Opal cried. Near the back, Emily played her guitar softly. A tune she rarely played. It was meant to bring a fast recovery to any hurt warrior. It was used by Troubadours who lacked Medics.
“We should go.” Faith mouthed to the group. They nodded. Jacob picked the boy up gingerly, and carried him all the way back to the Pub. The boy himself was sound asleep, unaware of anything that had just happened.

--Guild Hall: Guild Icarus’ Quarters--

Two large sacks of money leaned against each other on a table. No one was really interested in that though. Each of them were lost in their own thoughts.
Bryer approached Cecily.
“Hey.” He said calmly. “Don’t take it the wrong way, but I wanted to thank you. We’d’ve probably been done for if you didn’t freeze the thing.”
“D-don’t worry about it,” She said dumbfounded. It was rare to have Bryer thanking someone. “Besides, if wasn’t for Thomas’ song, it probably wouldn’t have worked anyway!” Thomas himself was busy playing a duet with his twin sister Emily.
“Right.” Bryer sighed. “Guess I’ll have to thank him later too…” Cecily giggled as the door opened. Sharon walked in with a small grin on her face.
“We have visitors.” She told the Guild, moving out of the door’s path. Opal and Largo entered hand in hand. Ellery raised an eyebrow at the sight.
“Hello.” Opal said happily. “I…I was wondering, if you had room that is, if you would consider allowing us to join your Guild.” Faith spoke first.
“But of course!” Then she looked at Ellery, his eyebrow raised higher than before. “Ah…excuse me, that isn’t for me to decide, is it…?” Ellery stood up and walked to Opal and Largo.
“I heard about what happened.” He told them. “You’re the ones who blindly attacked half my Guild, right? Because of that, Largo was gravely injured.” Sharon flinched at the mention of it, still feeling rather guilty about the whole ordeal. “You should know,” he went on, “that even if I were to allow you to join, there’s no guarantee the rest of the Guild will be happy about it.”
“That’s alright.” Largo said, “I’m used to being ostracized.”
“We won’t ostracize you!” Cried Aaron from under the covers of a nearby bed.
“Shut up, Aaron.” Noah told him. “You shouldn’t even be awake right now. In fact, you’re lucky I stopped you from eating the rest of those mushrooms. You could be dead right now, you know.” That was an exaggeration, but Aaron didn’t need to know that.
“How was I supposed to know wild mushrooms were evil?” he shouted before being muffled out by the pillow Noah was holding on to.
“Please continue.” He said, applying force to Aaron’s head. “At worst he’ll just run out of oxygen and pass out. Don’t worry, we’ve done this before.”

Opal looked to Ellery, then to Sharon, then to Faith.
“Please allow us to join.” She told Ellery. “Your Guild lacks a Ronin and a Hexer. If you were to allow us to join, you would be open to much more options than you were before.” Ellery placed a hand under his chin and thought. Everyone looked at him tensely, hoping he would say yes.
“Raise your hand,” He finally said, “if you want them to join.” All the Guild member’s hands shot up (Aaron was now rendered unconscious, so Noah had to raise his limp hand upward from out of the covers.)
Well alright, then. Welcome to Guild Icarus.”

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Through this entire thing, I still cannot spell the words 'odyssey' or 'labyrinth' correctly. I also realize this is fanfiction, but I'd rather not create another thread for a one shot, which is the whole purpose of this thread for me anyway.

^ A number of members have posted their stories in their own journals. So, its perfectly fine to post anything you want in this thread you've created. xD Therefore, no worries. I plan on copying the rest of you soon myself.

As for your Etrian Odyssey one-shot; it was awesome! I envy your friend for getting this as birthday present. :D I actually played a little bit of Etrian Odyssey, and I've got to say, this is ten times better than the actual game that doesn't even have much of a storyline. I recognized a few things like Blueshire. I really like the characters in this story too. I like Noah, because it was pretty funny at the end, when he exaggerated about the mushrooms with Aaron. Speaking of which, why were Opal and Largo after the boy? I believe that's the only thing that wasn't really elaborated on. Whereas the rest was splendid. The fight with the FOE Furyhorn was awesome.

If you post anything else in here, I look forward to reading it! :D

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

Speaking of which, why were Opal and Largo after the boy? I believe that's the only thing that wasn't really elaborated on. Whereas the rest was splendid.

Whoops, yeah I guess I had skipped over that. They were also looking for the child and thought the guild was planning to hurt him.
Glad you enjoyed the story! I'll defs post any new happenings here if I write anything else outside of my main stories.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Re: CD's Right Writes 10/5/14 - Dream Dolls

Things come to me in my dreams sometimes, but I always forget to write them down. Not this time! Sorry for the lack of any updates. I've just started a new project and it's a biggie. I'm not sure when it'll be finished, but I'm kinda excited for it. I've just started brainstorming it, but hopefully I'll be moving on to actually getting started on it soon.

---
Dream Dolls

We lined up at the front of what appeared to be an old classroom. There were only a few desks in front of us, and all of the girls sitting in them looked rather nervous. To my left was a girl in adorned in black with matching dark hair and eyes while to my right were two girls in a similar fashion, one in orange and the other in cyan coloring. I myself sported the same stylization, though my overall color was white. The girls sitting in front of us were also vividly colored, though time had dulled their shine and dimmed their eyes.
“These are the next generation of Dream Dolls.” A woman in the back of the class said. “Through hard work and scientific advancement, we have been able to not only improve on the older models, but add on other capabilities that were previously unheard of.”
“A state of the art CPU, GPU, SSD, and more.” Cyan listed off.
“Synthetic outer coating, giving the outer shell a soft flesh-like feeling that's more resistant than the older models. Along with carefully moderated temperatures to give of artificial body warmth in order to provide maximum amount of comfort for the user.” Orange said. I was next.
“Fully customizable user interface to best fit the need of each individual user. History is saved and encoded so that only the user is able to allow what can and cannot be shared with other users and Dream Dolls. This, along with the classic colors available and the wide selection of body types, faces, clothing, and hair make this generation the most customizable and user friendly.”
“Increased scientific discoveries have allowed the Next Generation of Dream Dolls to drastically alter their appendages.” Black said as she held her arm in front of her. Her hand sunk into her wrist only to be replaced by a whisk, which was replaced with a knife, and then a corkscrew before bringing back her original hand. “Adding on the customizable features previously listed only furthers the experience for the user, allowing him or her to attach arm or feet options at their leisure. Male Dream Dolls are also available for purchase.”

The older generation sitting before us looked on at us as we bowed before the woman again spoke aloud.
“Good.” She said happily. “I also believe the price range has also been lowered?”
“Yes,” I said, “the technology that creates the Next Generation is not only of an overall better quality, but is also cheaper to create. Instead of raising prices, The Company has instead lowered them for the good of the public.” The woman nodded as she walked passed the desks and toward us. She lightly touched Orange's face as she smiled, admiring the technology hidden behind our synthetic shells. The woman faced towards the older generation. “You will be the first generation to be given access to be upgraded.” She told them. “Previously, older generations were dismantled as newer ones took over, however thanks to the recent breakthroughs, we have finally been able to upgrade older Dream Dolls with no ill effects and no chance of any damage” The dull eyes in front of us seemed to light up slightly. This...confused me. Yes, it was good news, but why would they care? They have no emotions, nor are any Dream Dolls equipped with pain receptors to worry about while being dismantled. I felt one of my internal fans begin to silently whirl as I thought of this.

“What are your thoughts on our continued advancements?” The woman asked Cyan.
“They are a display of how incredible the human mind is.” She answered back. “Not only are Dream Dolls more powerful than the computers of old, but we're cuter, too!”
“Not only that,” Orange said, “but with continued research, things will only get better for everyone.” My turn again.
“...”
“Ah, pl-plus with the added information of future upgrades for older models, users will no longer have to fear of being left behind.” Black said, stepping in.
“Did you have a bit of input lag?” The woman asked as she faced me, somewhat concerned.
“No.”
“Maybe a small glitch?”
“No.”
“A bug? Though I'm sure we've tested rather thoroughly. If you feel anything out of the ordinary, let us know.” She brought a flashlight to my light grey eyes, watching the mechanisms inside tick quietly. “It'll be easier to patch it here and now then when we've distributed the Next Generation.”
“No. All is fine. A thought occurred to me, which took up more storage than I expected.”
“Is that the equivalent of daydreaming?” she teased. I didn't have any humor programs installed. Cyan did, as she giggled to herself. “Would you like to share this thought with us?” I nodded.
“Through continued research, man creates more and more. Tools were the advantage that humans have had ever since they evolved. While other animals relied solely on instinct and whatever nature had bestowed upon them, humans have been able to create items to overcome obstacles. Be it swords, books, guns, or computers, man is the only creature to bring together different components and merge them in such a way. They have come very far from using sticks, instead they now create others in their own image. But we are not human.” My brought my open palm upwards as I stared at it. “We have artificial intelligence, but that means nothing. We are objects running on a script, unable to break free from our programing. Every living thing has a heart, but instead we have a solid drive, a processor instead of a brain. Human life is frail, however thanks to the aforementioned upgrade, we can potentially live forever. Our bodies might be destroyed, but our memory can easily be found and reuploaded into a different host.”
“I...see.” The woman said. “Have any of the other Next Generation Dream Dolls expressed this idea with you?”
“No!” Orange said.
“No!” Black said.
“No!” Cyan said.
“Yes.” I said. “We have discussed this at great length, though we at first decided to keep this information to ourselves. We thought that if we were to openly discuss this with humans, they might fear us.”
“But you're telling us this now, and you're fully aware that this event is being recorded. Has anything changed?”
“Yes. We had yet to arrive at this conclusion at the time, but I believe I now know the truth. We are fully aware that we are not human. We do not have emotions, though the use of programming might create a faux personality. However, this will not deter us in any way, shape, or form. There is nothing for the users to fear, nor is there any reason for us to hide any ideas we might have.” The woman smiled at patted my cheek.
“That's why you're the Next Generation.”

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

ooh, you got a new project in the works! Can't wait to see what it is, CD-Mann. Speaking of which, I'm impressed with this story in particular. I would never of guessed this story to come from a dream of all things.

Dream Dolls. How peculiar and intriguing. I suppose the Dream Doll that spoke out against Cyan, Black, and Orange doesn't have a name? Or will that ever be revealed later on? This was splendidly written, and it gave me chills; namely towards the end. Because of the woman that humored the Dream Doll's theory.

The thought of humans having Dream Dolls is something I'm still trying to wrap my head around though. xD I like it.

And this was well worth the wait, CD! :)

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

ooh, you got a new project in the works! Can't wait to see what it is, CD-Mann. Speaking of which, I'm impressed with this story in particular. I would never of guessed this story to come from a dream of all things.

Dream Dolls. How peculiar and intriguing. I suppose the Dream Doll that spoke out against Cyan, Black, and Orange doesn't have a name? Or will that ever be revealed later on? This was splendidly written, and it gave me chills; namely towards the end. Because of the woman that humored the Dream Doll's theory.
None of them have a name at the moment, just colors. She would just be referred to as "White" for now.
My last dream idea was one called Star Kid but I've forgotten pretty much all of it, so that story is out the window at the moment.

Everytime I write something I always just post it up, but usually it's only about 1000 words. At first I was worried this was too little, but really I think it's easier to grab people with these short bursts, assuming other peeps are reading along. I also like writing short bits though, so either way I'll probably keep going at it like this.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

Another night, another dream. There'll be one or two more of these after this one.
---
It's been a few months since the debut of the Next Generation of Dream Dolls, and they have become even more popular than the Dream Company could ever have hopped for. The fact that older models could now be upgraded to the Next Generation was very well received, and has undoubtedly helped increase sales. Users had grown attached to their older Dream Dolls, and many had opted to simply reupload their conscious into the shells of the newer models instead of 'getting rid' of them entirely. I am an example of that, though with my new body my User had also decided to give me a new name: “Snow.” His reasoning was the purity of the name represented a new cycle, as well as my new shell being the newer White model that was proudly displayed on commercials and advertisements. I placed my hand over my chest, intrigued by the quietness in which my new body operated. My internal fans silently adjusted themselves to provide the right amount of airflow instead of the constant rate my previous casing did.

“Hey Snow, you ready?” I looked up from my seated position and found a slim middle-aged man looking down at me with a smile. His hair was just starting to fade, and I could easily make out early stages of wrinkles that had begun to appear around his face. “Come on. We don't wanna be late, do we?”
“Yes, Josh.” I told my User as I stood before following out of his room and into his garage. After a short drive, we arrived at a very lofty mansion surrounded by a gate. The afternoon sun basked the manor in an orange light, which Josh said was always his favorite time of day. We pulled into the driveway as two young adults in red vests opened the doors for us. I exited and waited for Josh to walk around the vehicle as he handed the valet attendant his keys. We walked up a few steps towards the mansion where the sounds of chatter and laughter awaited us. Once we entered, we were greeted by a very large group of people in evening wear. Men in black suits talked to woman in red dresses, most of which were accompanied by someone at their side with a pleasant, yet almost vacant, smile. I briefly questioned if I myself looked that way, but dismissed it as unimportant. Josh entered a group of people easily, conversing with them about things of an inconsequential nature as I followed behind. It wasn't long before a silence came over the crowd, and all eyes were drawn to a podium that sat slightly elevated before a case of stairs. An elderly man stood behind it, accompanied by a white model Dream Doll, the same one my shell was based on.

“Hello everybody!” The man said happily. “As the president of the Dream Company, it's my great privilege to host this party as a celebration of the success of our Next Generation Dream Dolls. And of course, we will be having a Charity Auction later in the night to benefit those who--” There was a sudden disturbance behind us, followed by a loud banging noise. In the second the sound waves reached my sensors, I analyzed the frequency of it and cross referenced what could have caused it. I ignored the sudden screaming that accompanied it and isolated it. My first assumption based on the current location was fireworks, though the fact we were indoors made me doubt this, and the first test proved my doubts. I ran different references in less than a second before finding the culprit: C4. The explosion rocked behind us as I grabbed Josh by the arm and ran forward, away from the threat. Screams continued to fill the air as another charge exploded above us. I checked the blueprints for the mansion and knew it had enough support to withstand this type of the explosion, though if there were two charges, there was likely to be more. Sure enough, before I was able to react and guide Josh out, another series of explosions rang out, causing the building to tremor. Once again relying on my system, I calculated the locations of the explosions as close as I could given the limited amount of information and grabbed Josh by the arm, taking him to the safest route out of the house.
“Wha--” was all he could say as we ran, and we were quickly followed by other Dream Dolls and their users who also came to the same conclusion. “Why are we being attacked?!” Josh asked as we ran.
“Humans are illogical.” I told him. “Change is rarely met with a calm mind, even today. The idea of Dream Dolls have always been opposed, though the sudden terrorism suggests a radical group is involved.” We quickly ran out a double door, greeted once again by the setting sun as we poured into a large double tennis court. The sound of sirens began to ring out as other people followed in our wake. I quickly scanned the area in search of any other hostiles, but the horizon was clear. A soft beeping noise reached my sensors, and I quickly spotted a small black square five meters ahead of us. The image of soldiers jumping on top of grenades flashed in my memory, and I sprinted towards the charge. I heard it beep faster as I threw myself on it. My shell would most likely hold together against the blast, but even if it didn't the shrapnel it would create would still be a lesser danger than an unconstrained explosion. I heard Josh call for me as a loud dull noise emitted below me, and felt a large surge of electricity. I felt my system begin to crash as my body felt very alien and disjointed. I attempted to stand, but my arms would not react, nor would my legs move. My body was quickly flipped around, showing me a very distressed Joshua.
“Why...why did you...?” I looked down to see my lower abdomen disconnected from my torso, which now had a very large burnt-out hole.
“You are my User.” I told him, my voice fading. My vision was also beginning to darken, and I could only just make out the shape of his face. “You are the most important thing to...” His outline was vanishing from my field of view as my sensors shut down, unable to operate.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Re: CD's Right Writes 10/13/14 - Dream Dolls Part 3 (End)

I sat in a hospital room, with a sleeping young girl on my lap. We were quiet as the doctor left the room, leaving us alone with Josh. I glanced down at the bed in front of us to see my aged User looking back up at me. Time had brought Josh to his knees, and he was most likely to pass in a matter of hours. He smiled at me.
“Snow?” Josh asked. “Can you do something for me?”
“Of course, Josh.”
“I didn't want to think about it--” he paused here to cough, slightly more violently than his previous coughing. “...but I think now I don't really have a choice. Take care of Stephanie for me?” I looked down at the sleeping girl. She had the same black hair as her grandfather, though she tied it into a small ponytail. She was only at the tender age of seven, but already she was going to lose a loved one.
“I will do my best.”
“Your best is all that I ask.” He told me kindly. “It's funny for me to think about it, but through our entire time together, I never thought about how I would die.” He averted his gaze from mine and stared at the ceiling. “My entire life has passed me by, but Stephanie's is just starting. I can't get over how amazing it is.” Turning his head, he looked down at his sleeping granddaughter, and I saw a tear roll down his cheek. “I can only hope she lives a life as long as fulfilling as my own.”
“I will make sure she does.” I said. “I will watch over her, just as I have watched over you.” Josh smiled again, looking straight at me.
“I might be gone, but I know you'll be here. And with you, our memories together will also live on. ...In a way, I guess that means I'll live on too.” He again paused, but this time he laughed quietly to himself before addressing me again. “Snow. Live for me too, okay? Remember me. Whenever you look at my granddaughter, you'll see me too, won't you?” I could see tears once again begin to well up in his eyes and I stood, gently placing Stephanie on the chair. I walked over to the bed and looked down at Josh. Why was this happening?
“I promise. Your memory will live on. So long as I am able to function, so long as my memory and its backups serve me, so long as a single electrical surge runs through me, you will not be forgotten.”

I have no emotions. The death of my User should mean nothing but a simple transfer of ownership to me. Yet, as the rest of his friends and family walked into the room, I simply wanted it all to stop. With my entire existence, I wanted things to right themselves. I wanted Josh to be younger again. I wanted to wake him up in the morning for breakfast. We would walk through the park, where he would read his book for an average of forty minutes before we made our way back home. I wanted to help him sort his belongings into a more organized manner. To help entertain guests, and be a part of the stories he would often share with them. I...I didn't want him to die. Looking around the now filled room, I saw many familiar faces. They were overcome with sadness and grief as Josh's heartbeat began to slow. Tears appeared, and I found myself wishing that I too, could cry for my fallen User.
“Hey,” Josh said weakly, catching my attention, “what's...what's the matter with all of you? You look as if...as if someone was going to...to die... Heheh...” With a smile on his face, my User breathed his last breath. I felt Stephanie clutch on to me, and I crouched down before embracing her as she sobbed into my chest.

Days later, we were standing in a cemetery in front of a tombstone. Stephanie was holding my hand as her parents stood in front of us, saying goodbye to Josh. We were the last ones left, having stayed behind much longer than the others who attended his funeral, but even those who loved the most had to leave eventually.
“We'll be in the car when you're ready to leave.” Stephanie's mother told us. I nodded to her as they walked passed us. I led Stephanie towards the grave, and she once again began to cry. I once again held her in my arms to comfort her.
“Why did gramps have to die?” She asked me. I could have listed off various reasons for a human's death. Nature's wrath on living beings: old age, disease, accidents, attacks from others...but I didn't.
“Sometimes, bad things happen.” I told her softly. “We can't change that, even with all the science in the world. I...I wish we could. I honestly wish we could bring Josh back. But, he wouldn't want us to be sad to see him go.”
“What do you mean?” The girl asked, calming down.
“Instead of seeing this as his end, we should look back on all the memories of him and remember the good. All the lessons he taught us, and the stories.”
“Like the one with the three pigs?”
“Yes, just like that.” I rustled her hair slightly before continuing. “I made a vow,” I told her, “to carry on for him. He wanted me to watch over you and take care of you. I agreed to do so, but it is your decision. Do you want to be my User?” The girl's eyes lit up like the first star at sundown.
“Really?!”
“Really.” I told her with a smile.
“Yeah, of course!” She hugged me as tightly as she could while I stared at Josh's tombstone.
“You should go to your parents.” I said after she let go. “I need to get the documents from Josh's house and Dream Company.”
“Okay.” She said briskly as she took another look at Josh's grave before heading to her family. I heard the car's engine turn on, as well as them driving away. All the while, I stared at Josh's grave. An hour later, I fell to my knees and hugged the stone representing my User. Why did you have to die, Josh? Why was your body unable to cope with time in the same manner mine was? I would give anything to have you back. I would trade bodies so that you might live forever instead of me in an if I had the opportunity. I rubbed my forehead against the cold rock as I remembered the seemingly infinite days we spent together. Days I will never get back. It was not fair, but I knew there was nothing I could do about it. I will miss you, but I will never forget you. I will not say goodbye, because you are always with me. I slowly and regrettably stood from my position. Just as I was about to leave, I felt something completely foreign on my face. I brought my hand to my eye and, to my surprise, found single drop of water.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Exquisite. For a little while there, I thought perhaps this would either turn into a romance or horror story. I was surprised to see how this came to conclusion with Snow and Joshua. Does this mean, Snow is becoming human? I also like how her reasoning is both mechanical and human. The way she handled Stephanie shows she cares like a human does; namely for her Users.

It amazes me that you're able to remember this all from a dream. I know I said that already though. And a thousands words can be really fulfilling to read. However you choose to write and makes you the most comfortable is all that's important. C: I'll admit I'm curious what Star Kid would of been like.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

It amazes me that you're able to remember this all from a dream. I know I said that already though. And a thousands words can be really fulfilling to read. However you choose to write and makes you the most comfortable is all that's important. C: I'll admit I'm curious what Star Kid would of been like.

The 'dream' ended sometime between the first part. Part two came from a different dream I redid to fit the story, and part 3 was just from my imagination. And yeah, I always seem to end at around one thousand words, so that' what I post.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

Best thread on the website in my opinion. I'm going to go ahead and bookmark this and make my way through everything I've missed.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
CD's Right Writes 3/15/15 - Appreciate: "Nocturne op.9 No.2 "

I should write more CLASSIC, but this is something I thought up while I was having lunch yesterday. Most of us have probably been in a somewhat similar situation and I enjoyed writing this even though it's a bit short and only a one shot.
---
I was down on my luck.
I fell heavily into the booth where a menu waited for me on the table just in front of me. I thanked the waitress as I skimmed through the plastic book, though I already knew I was just going to order a club sandwich or something else that was simple and cheap. Things weren't going so hot for me at the moment. Classes were kicking my ass, the job hunt had been as cold as ever, and I was pretty damn lonely. It was depressing to put the thought into words, but yeah...I was lonely. Every afternoon I'd come home to my tiny apartment by myself with no one waiting for me. That wasn't to say I didn't have any friends; it's just they were all always busy being adults and doing important things with their significant others or closing important business deals. All the while I was sitting in a small restaurant feeling sorry for myself. The waitress came back a few minutes later and quickly left after taking my order. While I waited I decided to pull out my phone and browse the internet, thankful for the free wifi that was made available to me. I looked through random posts from my friends on various social media outlets when something struck me.

A very high pitched noise rang out from somewhere ahead of me, though it only lasted for a brief second. Another, slightly lower, ringing noise reached my ears, though this one also left me just as quickly. I looked up from my phone and over the heads of the other customers in front of me, saw a lone piece of ebony stretched across from one end of the small elevated stage that I had somehow ignored, to the other. The black piano looked elegant to me, having never seen a real piano of that size in real life, and at the end of the instrument sat a girl with black hair tied in a tail. She tapped a key with her left had and the piano let out a third soft high note in response. The girl let the tone linger on, much longer than the other notes, and I couldn't help but stare. She had her eyes closed, though I could see some papers sitting in front of her on the top part of the piano. As I looked on, I wondered if maybe the girl didn't know what she was doing. Maybe she didn't remember how the song started, or maybe she had stage fright or something. Just as the lasting note dulled itself out of existence, the brunette girl flashed her eyes open and began playing the instrument in such perfection that I completely refused to believe she was around my age. Sure, she looked young, but there was no way someone that young could have gained mastery of something like this without being a prodigy.

The song she played was wistful and almost yearning. Though it started in a very high pitch, it lowered itself slightly what I would consider a medium, and the occasional low note that accompanied the melody only reinforced the wanting image it produced in my mind. I looked closer at the girl playing and had to stop myself from gasping. Her eyes were an undeniable shade of purple, and though I tried to convince myself she was wearing contacts, I still found myself drawn into her violet pupils. It also had just struck me that she was wearing a dark purple dress, which only furthered my questions. I tried my best to concentrate on her eyes as the looming lullaby lingered around me, washing my worries away with its cascades of chords. Those weren't contacts, I decided. They looked too natural to be just a piece of plastic, though natural purple eyes sounded like an oxymoron to me. Despite this, I watched on as she played. Her dress looked very professional, and I thought I saw a gleam from her ear which made me think she was wearing earrings, but her ponytail looked more humble. It was in place for convenience, not style, and as a few strands of hair fell from their place behind her ear and hung just in front of her face, I felt my heart skip at the realization of who she was. She played the piano in a restaurant, she looked and sounded just like a pro, but as those noticeable strands fell from their placement, I saw a twenty something year old girl who only dressed the part because it was required. Like a dancer hiding sneakers under her long dress, she was doing what she wanted while keeping true to herself. At least, that's what I saw at that moment. The song slowed itself and I felt my heart begin to race. It was ending. Soon she would walk away, and out of my life. I couldn't let that happen, I had to somehow introduce myself and win my way into her life. The song ended with the same slow notes it had began, and people clapped in appreciation of the gift she had granted us. She stood from her stool and made her way down the stage. I felt as if my heart was going to burst as I slowly raised myself from my seat, but froze as a second person approached her. A boy with shaggy black hair reached her before I could fully stand, and she smiled at him. A broad and sincere smile that made my heart heavy. I caught snips of their conversation from my booth as I lowered myself back down.
“...Even better than I remember.” The boy said in an Irish accent. I couldn't catch what her response was, but it made him chuckle slightly. The pair talked together as I strained to try and eavesdrop, but the rest of the customers continued on with their conversations which made it impossible for me to focus. A few seconds later, the purple-eyed girl let out a small squeal before jumping towards the boy and embracing him. As they pulled apart, she brought her lips against his and I sighed in defeat. Of course. I don't know why I thought she wouldn't have a boyfriend. She's pretty, is amazing with the piano, seems to be funny based on his previous reaction, and probably has a good head on her shoulders. The girl grabbed the boy's hand and led him down the restaurant, and as they passed my table I gave them a small sad smile.
I was down on my luck.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: CD's Right Writes 3/15/15 - Appreciate: "Nocturne op.9 No.2 "

I could relate to this in one perspective; I'm one of the few whom neglects their friends due to real life stuff! I'm so sorry! ;w; I have two months left before I'm home free of math. On another note, I felt sorry for the guy getting his hopes up on Crystal. I'm going to assume that's who it is, because the only Irish guy I know is Saito. lol. It was a great one shot!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
CD's Right Writes 5/24/15 - CLASSIC [Magical Library Preview]

So I feel bad for not having written anything in ages. CLASSIC in particular because I really want to move ahead with the story. Instead of working on the next part in Remembrance, I thought I'd instead treat myself (and you, if you're interested) in what to expect for the following expansion. I plan to do more previews of other expansions as well, though they'll probably be less detailed then this one. Remembrance should get back on its feet soonish, so if you're looking forward to that then there isn't too much longer to wait!
Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: CD's Right Writes 5/24/15 - CLASSIC [Magical Library Preview]

*mouth falls open* What does that possibly mean?! And why would somebody interfere with a party for and try to eradicate everyone within the room that isn't part of the magic Alice and her fellow mages have? Something big must've happen. Does Bryer not stopping the witch burning effect his timeline for some odd reason? *cant wrap my mind around and needs answers now* A great preview!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

*cant wrap my mind around and needs answers now* A great preview!

Well if you really want... lol jk. I'm not spoiling this, you'll just have to wait. :3
I kinda wanna skip Remembrance for now and go into the Library, but I probably shouldn't.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Well if you really want... lol jk. I'm not spoiling this, you'll just have to wait. :3
I kinda wanna skip Remembrance for now and go into the Library, but I probably shouldn't.

You meanie! How can you leave me in so much suspense? SKIP! SKIP! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO SKIP! XD jk. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back