• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I 'cheating' on Critcal mode?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
I know the whole point of LV.1 is to see if you can beat the game at level one but I was planning to stay on that level anyway. The enemies are just to hard to fight against properly and it doesn't help that I get one shotted by the special portal enemies. I am currently at Level 30 with Sora and Riku but I am 'cheating' by doing that?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well...since the whole point of EXP Zero is to go through the whole game at level 1, maybe? I don't think I'd call it cheating. You're having a hard time so you leveled them up. I see nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
DDD and BBS aren't as tightly put together as KH1 and KH2FM, so you'll run into issues with balance when trying to LV1 them. This is because the command deck is full of variables, and I'm pretty sure they're expecting you to exploit it.

A better challenge would be Level 10 Kingdom Key only for DDD.

Guernsey

Awards
Well...since the whole point of EXP Zero is to go through the whole game at level 1, maybe? I don't think I'd call it cheating. You're having a hard time so you leveled them up. I see nothing wrong with that.

It just that he game is unbalanced I get once shotted quite easily even by normal enemies.

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

I just didn't want to get one shotted by bosses or enemies so easily.

DDD and BBS aren't as tightly put together as KH1 and KH2FM, so you'll run into issues with balance when trying to LV1 them. This is because the command deck is full of variables, and I'm pretty sure they're expecting you to exploit it.

A better challenge would be Level 10 Kingdom Key only for DDD.

I might try that for proud mode.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
You don't have to play Critical Mode at LV1, so no that's not cheating.

You just didn't go through with a LV1 playthrough is all.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It just that he game is unbalanced I get once shotted quite easily even by normal enemies.
I get that. It happens to me, too.

Rereading the OP, I see you mean is playing Critical at levels higher than 1 "cheating"? You don't have to play Critical on level 1, so no, you're not cheating.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
i think the only thing cheating in kh is the one more and 2nd chance i was trying to get them but i gave up its not hard to get actully but i like beating all bosses with out it i already defeat vanitas sentiment MF armor of the master and no hearts with out second chance lol using the ones more and second chance doesnt count cheating but im not using it because people only using it when they fight strong boss they cant handle i dont use it anyway your way isnt cheating

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Just what one of my middle school teachers used to tell me. "It's not called cheating, its called strategy."

Antar

Awards
Like other's have said, no you're not cheating, you don't have to play a lvl 1 run on Critical mode. It's just a self imposed challenge people take on who find the game too easy, or just like dying a lot. Personally, I just play on proud mode with only the starting keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back