• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] - Item (Consumable and Material) Guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
Need help in getting items? Unsure about what they do? Having trouble finding materials? Look nowhere else; you've come to the right place!

Note 1: For the best presentation of tables, change your forum skin to our newly introduced Fluid style!

Note 2:
This guide was created for the purpose of replacing the original guide in the main site which, at one time, was left incomplete with errors. Fortunately, our beloved site staff have already updated the guide and I believe it will be kept up to date at all times. Please feel free to make use of it if you want to. That said, this guide will not be left alone; I'll still keep updating it so users of this guide, rest assured!

In KHχ, there are two types of items, namely Consumable Items (消費アイテム) and Material Items (素材アイテム). To put it simply, Consumable Items are items that can be used from the menu (save for Kupo Fruits and event items), while Material Items are... materials.

Consumable Items:
There are only a few of them, and it's easy to differentiate and understand their usages. I believe Kaz has covered pretty much most items here, so let's just run through them.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Material Items:
Materials are our most reliable source (actually, the only reliable source) for synthesizing our beloved items. Just like most other titles in the series, there are materials throughout the worlds in the universe of KHχ.

This is where this guide lays its emphasis on. Material Items (henceforth materials) are used for upgrading our Keyblades and cards. For further details, please refer to the Keyblades section in Kaz's Beginner's Guide and Ultimate Card System guide. Kaz has already given tips and advice on how we should deal with materials as well as where, in summary, to get certain materials. This is a more detailed guide to the materials' locations, in case our players get lost... in the Realm of Darkness...

Materials are divided into two categories, though not officially. The first type consists of gem materials that are only obtainable from missions as rewards, or from Mog Trade.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Another type of materials, called synthesis materials (henceforth field materials), refers to materials which can be picked up from various spots of every world. As most of you may have known, field materials look like sparkling stars-like things. For every field material you collect, you will consume 1 AP, and the amount for that particular material you receive will vary from 1-3. After a material has been collected, the spot will remain empty until the material respawns. The respawn time for each material differs.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And that's about it. If there are any updates in the future, I'll be sure to update the guide as soon as possible! I hope this guide can help players in some way, so if you have any questions or suggestions regarding the guide, or if you find any mistakes, please voice out so that it can be improved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits:

• The original guide's writer (sorry for not knowing his / her name) for having most of the materials prepared;
  • The Japanese chi wiki for having most of the information for my guide;
  • Site staff Solo and Kazr10 for having written a few guides that I could refer to;
  • KHinsider for having a gallery of images that I could use;
  • Our beloved staff manager, Sign for providing the missing maps and lending me a hand in making the maps;
  • Kingdom Hearts Wiki for having some images that couldn't be found on KHinsider xD; and
  • Everyone reading my guide for making my efforts worthwhile!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Zero_Rock

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] - Items (Consumable and Material) Guide

Thank you SO MUCH for this Quintus!! :) You are awesome!!

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

Guess I'll delete my draft......

Anyway have you personally tested all the respawn time of the materials?

And we seriously need a general agreement on what to officially call "Rocky Grounds of Rejection". I can't be the only one that is so embarrassed to type it every single time haha.

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

You've been busy. Thank you for a job well done!

One thing that I would like to suggest is that you add an additional information regarding the mineral materials that can be bought from the Mog Trade. The Mythril materials restock every single day, but the Orichalcums are one-time items.

I'm going to run through this guide again in the morning and see if there's anything that we can still improve. :)

And we seriously need a general agreement on what to officially call "Rocky Grounds of Rejection". I can't be the only one that is so embarrassed to type it every single time haha.

Oh, truly so. Not only it's a long name, it also sounds... unnatural and seems to describe a state of being turned down for a date. I was actually thinking of "Forsaken Rocky Grounds" but the "rocky grounds" part is unappealing. XD

Everything we have here, though, is just fan translation. If (believe!) SE comes up with an English version of the game, we'll have to conform with what they have.

Last edited:

QuintusKing

Awards
Website

Thank you SO MUCH for this Quintus!! :) You are awesome!!

You are welcome! I hope it helps. It took me nearly a week. Making maps was the most troublesome, but it is worth the efforts!

Guess I'll delete my draft......
Anyway have you personally tested all the respawn time of the materials?

Sorry for ninja-ing, haha. But you're always welcome to improve anything here :cool:.

I've tested some of the respawn times. I couldn't test all because I had school and I didn't have much time. All of them are taken from the Japanese wiki, but so far those I've tested match with them. If anyone can help testing, I wouldn't mind at all!

You've been busy. Thank you for a job well done!
Yeah... and I'm lacking sleep because of this xD. Thanks for supporting!

One thing that I would like to suggest is that you add an additional information regarding the mineral materials that can be bought from the Mog Trade. The Mythril materials restock every single day, but the Orichalcums are one-time items.

I'm going to run through this guide again in the morning and see if there's anything that we can still improve. :)

Oh thanks! I didn't know this as I never purchased any of them before :p. Updated! And sure, you guys are always welcome!

Oh, truly so. Not only it's a long name, it also sounds... unnatural and seems to describe a state of being turned down for a date. I was actually thinking of "Forsaken Rocky Grounds" but the "rocky grounds" part is unappealing. XD

Everything we have here, though, is just fan translation. If (believe!) SE comes up with an English version of the game, we'll have to conform with what they have.

Yeah, I LOVE the Japanese name of that area, but the English translation isn't quite decent. The best is... to ask the official English translation team from SE, haha. Seriously, we need an English version, at least for the area names' sake. And what do you guys think about Inner Coliseum? There's no such name in the main games. It is officially called The Coliseum (simply コロシアム in the Japanese version without 内部).

Another thing is that do you think I should keep the spoiler for normal materials? Because the table is very large and one would have to scroll left or right continuously when reading.

Last edited:

kingofgame981

Awards

Excellent guide, Quintus. Cookies for you!

QuintusKing

Awards
Website

Thanks, Kog! *Takes cookies*

It would be even better if this guide could be of use to you. So please make use of it if you ever need help!

kingofgame981

Awards

Thanks, Kog! *Takes cookies*

It would be even better if this guide could be of use to you. So please make use of it if you ever need help!

This guide definately will be useful (with the maps), since I can't remember all the locations of materials and places.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website

Another thing is that do you think I should keep the spoiler for normal materials? Because the table is very large and one would have to scroll left or right continuously when reading.

What the above says, and also:

Zeke has recently suggested Card Storage Plus or Cardholder Number Plus as the usable term for the item カード所持数プラス (which I refer to as Card Capacity Plus after seeing KH Wiki doing so). I would like to hear your opinions. Which term do you guys think is more proper, or do you have any other suggestions for the term? Since we don't have an official translation, this depends on what most people prefer.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

My suggestion is that you keep it in the spoiler tag, since a huge table will take up too much space and could be unsightly, haha.

Also, about the item name, I myself prefer Card Capacity Plus since it straightaway defines what it's for: to increase the capacity of your card inventory. Storage is okay, but cardholder number might cause some confusion.

If I want to be really literal, Card Possession Capacity Limit Plus. :p

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

A bit late on this, but for those who wanna make full use of the current material campaign. The below is my estimation for the minimum amount of materials needed to fuse all 5 Keyblades from Level 40 to 50.

Mythril Shard (ミスリルのかけら)125
Mythril Drop (ミスリルのしずく)150
Mythril Gem (ミスリルの魔石)175
Mythril Crystal (ミスリルの結晶)185
Iron Ore (鉄の原石)90
Copper Ore (銅の原石)55
Silver Ore (銀の原石)60
Gold Ore (金の原石)50
Medicinal Leaf (薬草の葉っぱ)58
Medicinal Flower (薬草の花)10
Medicinal Bulb (薬草の球根)77
Fresh Water (きよらかな水)130
Swamp Spring Water (沼地のわき水)78
Forest Mushroom (森のきのこ)30
Peculiar Leaf (おかしな葉っぱ)135
Piece of Sweets (お菓子のかけら)70
White Flower Dew (白い花のつゆ)80
White Flower Nectar (白い花のみつ)90
Peculiar Bulb (おかしな球根)29
Teardrop (涙のしずく)18
Hot Sand (熱をおびた砂)80
Topaz Earrings (トパーズのピアス)35
Agate Ring (めのうのリング)50
Scarab Brooch (スカラベのブローチ)35
Star-Shaped Sand (星のかたちの砂)115
Burned Coal (燃えつきた炭)90
Ember (残り火)70
Underworld Stone (冥界の石)100
Underworld Flame (冥界の炎)100
Underworld Water (冥界の水)
Orichalcum (オリハルコン)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I really am still unsure as to which materials to collect... on one hand I want to max out my Treasure Trove, but on the other hand I have this lingering suspicion that new worlds (and thus Keyblades) are going to be introduced real soon. Should I focus on Dwarf Woodlands materials, or should I just go wild and collect everything?

I might be overthinking it and probably should just go with Treasure Trove, but... ugh, I can't just shake off that feeling.

Zero_Rock

Awards

I really am still unsure as to which materials to collect... on one hand I want to max out my Treasure Trove, but on the other hand I have this lingering suspicion that new worlds (and thus Keyblades) are going to be introduced real soon. Should I focus on Dwarf Woodlands materials, or should I just go wild and collect everything?

I might be overthinking it and probably should just go with Treasure Trove, but... ugh, I can't just shake off that feeling.
I know that feel bro. ;-; I've been fighting really hard to get the last orichalcum for my Treasure Trove...

QuintusKing

Awards
Website

A bit late on this, but for those who wanna make full use of the current material campaign. The below is my estimation for the minimum amount of materials needed to fuse all 5 Keyblades from Level 40 to 50.

Thanks! But we still have no idea when will +50 be available, right?

I've maxed out my Treasure Trove a few days ago, haha!

Well, with the material campaign going on, I'm sure you can go collect anything even after maxing out your Treasure Trove. The only things we can control less freely are the Mythrils and Orichalcums. If you have been saving them all this while, there should be no problems. In any case, collecting materials - whether for Treasure Trove or the new Keyblade - is essential for the time being. You can decide which Keyblade to upgrade afterwards... unless you want it urgently :eek:.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

Well I always have material collecting on high priority. Especially on days without any Heartless missions. Every excess AP is used on materials =D

If my estimation is correct, I should already have more than enough to make all 5 keyblades to +50. Except for the Orichalcums. I think the next upgrade will come when the top players have collected 40+ Orichalcums. Right now, those who have collected almost every Orichalcum available so far should have around 25 in possession.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Finally done with my 90 Heartless mission! Now I can focus on foraging. I guess I'll be focusing on my Treasure Trove first as I might probably be using power cards soon thanks to the SR+ medals that keep giving me Goofy, Tron, Marluxia but never Roxas or Donald.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

I wish I could forage but I can't rightly ignore this 500 medal prize for Morning Stars and that, in turn, is slowing down my 90 Heartless mission... I see another Shadow hunt in my future.

Thanks for the estimates, Kazr, they'll be very helpful once I'm back on my game.

I am wondering if we're going to be seeing new worlds. It would be a great way to capitalize on the increase player-base after the anniversary, but at the same time, they got rid of the "Coming Soon..." notice on the world selection screen. It's a trifle, but I can't help but wonder if that means they're going to focus on finishing what they have for now and leaving the ??? for special events.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

Bump for Quintus.

Please check my keyblade guide or the previous page for the estimated amount of materials needed for +40 to +50. I doubt they will come for some time.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

Note that QuintusKing has updated the material locations for the latest maps. There is 1 more spot for Underworld Water, and there are 2 new map options now for Olympus Coliseum when you completed its story.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website

Also, there are three extra spawn spots for Underworld Water in Valley of the Dead, where there had been no Underworld Water previously. I didn't notice when they added them, just discovered this when I was comparing with the Japanese wiki.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back