• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Meristation Interviews Tai Yasue: No European Dub for 2.5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Meristation, a popular Spanish gaming website, had the opportunity to interview Co-Director Tai Yasue at Gamescom 2014. Together, they discussed the unfortunate lack of European voiceover for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix, bringing the series to next-generation consoles, and possibilities for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Yasue was asked about European voiceover for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix several months ago at E3 2014 but was unable to delve into the matter at the time. However, he confirmed to Meristation that HD 2.5 ReMix will not be including any of the European dub, such as Spanish, French or German (Square Enix Germany have commented on this, which you can read here). Yasue explains that they chose to keep the game as consistent as possible, rather than including the original recordings for Kingdom Hearts 2 when everything else, particularly the newly recorded Final Mix scenes, will be strictly in English. However, he did confirm that the remaster will include the appropriate language subtitles for each region as with the previous remaster.

When asked about why the remasters will not be available on Xbox 360, he stated that as the development team studied the original coding, they realized that it would be easier and cheaper to adapt the titles from PS2/PSP to PS3. They strongly believe that the PS3 is able to bring forth the true potential of theKingdom Hearts series, although options to port the games are certainly still possible. However, at this point in time, it is unlikely that they will bring the games to PS4 and Xbox One as downloadable titles. This also applies to Dream Drop Distance as it is still a fairly new release, though the situation could change in the future.

Meristation also briefly discusses Kingdom Hearts X[chi] with Yasue. Although he is not involved with the project, he states that there are no plans to bring the game over to the west at the moment* but the main storyline does connect to other titles and is considered canon.

At this moment, there are also no plans for more games on Nintendo consolesKingdom Hearts 3 in particular will only be available on PS4 and Xbox One. Yasue also mentioned a personal desire to put in new characters from Square Enix properties, in particular more characters from Final Fantasy VII.

You can read the full interview (in Spanish) on Meristation's website.

Many thanks to the anonymous tip!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: Meristation Interviews Tai Yasue: No European Dub for 2.5, Possibilities for Frozen in KH3

Although he is not involved with the project, he states that there are no plans to bring the game over to the west at the moment* but <strong>the main storyline does connect to other titles and is considered canon</strong>.
Now just wait a second here

I assume by "main storyline" he means the deal with players, Chirithy and the Foretellers, but didn't Nomura say that the story of χ[chi] was disconnected from the main games?!

Also almost everything in the last paragraph feels like Yasue channeling the worst part of the KH​ fanbase.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: Meristation Interviews Tai Yasue: No European Dub for 2.5, Possibilities for Frozen in KH3

And thus the noncanon status of Chi is overturned.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I feel bad for the European fans again and again. It sucks they won't get to hear KH2.5 in their own language (Though from that response from Square Enix Germany, it sounds like KH3 will be dubbed).

When asked about why the remasters will not be available on Xbox 360, he stated that as the development team studied the original coding, they realized that it would be easier and cheaper to adapt the titles from PS2/PSP to PS3. They strongly believe that the PS3 is able to bring forth the true potential of theKingdom Hearts series, although options to port the games are certainly still possible. However, at this point in time, it is unlikely that they will bring the games to PS4 and Xbox One as downloadable titles. This also applies to Dream Drop Distance as it is still a fairly new release, though the situation could change in the future.
It seems highly likely that DDD will get the HD treatment sometime in the future.

I'm also curious as to why Yasue specifically said they won't bring the games as "downloadable titles". No KH game has been downloadable thus far, so is he trying to reject it by saying that when they have a PS4/Xbox One physical version being quickly ported by a few people, or am I just wishing too hard?

At this moment, there are also no plans for more games on Nintendo consoles
Sorry Wii U fans (and Ben Diskin!)

Yasue mentions that Frozen has been a huge phenomenon in Japan long before the film released in theaters. If he had the opportunity to include a Frozen world in Kingdom Hearts, he imagines that the world would share similarities to the snow mountain in the Land of Dragons (Mulan) and incorporate musical elements like those used in Atlantica (The Little Mermaid).
Honestly, by how much he's been talking about Frozen and KHIII, I'd be more shocked if it wasn't included in the game.

When asked if there was anything in particular Yasue could add to the Kingdom Hearts series, it would be the inclusion of Star Wars and Marvel, as well as Pixar and old Disney films such as what was done with Timeless River. He also would choose to put in new characters from Square Enix properties, in particular more characters from Final Fantasy VII.
Noooo Yasue, no Star Wars or Marvel! Pixar and old Disney shorts, yes, but nothing from universes that massive.

I assume by "main storyline" he means the deal with players, Chirithy and the Foretellers, but didn't Nomura say that the story of χ[chi] was disconnected from the main games?!

Also almost everything in the last paragraph feels like Yasue channeling the worst part of the KH​ fanbase.

And thus the noncanon status of Chi is overturned.
Remember that Yasue doesn't deal with Chi so him saying it's canon might not be the same as what Nomura defines as canon.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Chi is non-canon in a way. The non-canon aspect of it seems to be more about your player and your journey.

But there was already a script that has ties to KH3 so there are definitely canon elements.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I think he's using the term very loosely. If you know what to filter out from that nonsensical plot, (and I'm saying that in the most loving way), he is correct.

Let the man geek out without being judged!

Heartkeeper

Awards

Sad news about χ[chi]. I'm losing the hope of playing it in english.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't want to read into Yasue's words because he has continually said this is just a personal wish of his, but at this point he's said it so much it might as well be fact. There is no way Disney & Square Enix wouldn't think about cashing in on Frozen's immense popularity around the world.

Japan is in a Frozen storm right now! It quite literally took over Spirited Away as the highest grossing/best-selling film in Japan. SPIRITED AWAY.

Seriously, there is just no way it won't be in KH3. (but noo...no musical por favor. I can't do it.)

Not really new chi info, but its nice to have it reaffirmed that the important story point are canon since we can be almost 99% certain the "lost masters" are the Foretellers.

Last edited:

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

If they make the Frozen world a musical rhythm game world like Atlanitca, I will be SEVERELY disappointed.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Sad news about χ[chi]. I'm losing the hope of playing it in english.

I suppose it's nothing we don't already know. We're aware that they were searching for a new publisher for a western release; perhaps their search didn't yield the results they wanted, or they're currently in negotiations, or who knows what else? It's vague enough to offer several possibilities.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

They ended up making Re:coded to satiate the appetite of North American fans who were unable to play the original Coded, so I remain hopeful that something will be done for us with Chi in time.

Shasta

Awards

the main storyline does connect to other titles and is considered canon
I strangely feel as if Square Enix is pulling an ATLUS on us...

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I strangely feel as if Square-Enix is pulling an ATLUS on us...

If you filter out like 99% of KHx's story that doesn't have much to do with anything, then you'll arrive at what little "main storyline" Yasue is referring to! :D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I strangely feel as if Square-Enix is pulling an ATLUS on us...

Square Enix. No hyphen.

Atlus its very transparent about what is and isn't canon, though. And Yasue is referring to what has already been confirmed as canon since it appeared (i.e. Foreteller's Script, the fact that the game is based on the Keyblade War but it not a retelling but a fairytale version)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

If they make the Frozen world a musical rhythm game world like Atlanitca, I will be SEVERELY disappointed.

This.

As soon as I read this in the interview, my heart sank. I know this interview is a hefty portion of opinion, but part of me was like "what if he knows Frozen is being planned as a musical and is saying it to plant a seed in our brains." What if...I mean, if Frozen is made into a musical world, I honestly think KH3 will get off to a very bad start among the casual fans who get word of that, which I didn't think was possible.

devilsTrinity

Horrible if they add Marvel and Star Wars. That's not KH, nor the heart of what it was originally. Stick with Disney worlds and the like.

Ill be so disappointed if either make it into 3.

Kingnice92

Seriously? You guys are worried about Arendelle being a musical world? Relax...

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I'll repeat what others are sayng and say I'd be surprised if we didn't get a frozen world.

Also I'm indifferent to marvel and star wars. However if they are in it'll be interesting to see how they are received by the fanbase.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So if we're getting new FF7 characters ... Vincent and Red XIII, YAY!

Also give me Rinoa from FF8 and we're good, thanks.

I do hope he's just pulling a Hashimoto regarding how unlikely it is for 1.5, 2.5 and DDD to get PS4 ports. Especially since he said something completely different at E3.

Roxas9001

Bronze Member

Sick of characters from "VII" I'd prefer actual good characters like Snow or Zidane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back