• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you want a Shoot-'em-up Kingdom Hearts game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofgame981

Awards
Recently I have think about what would it like for a Kingdom Hearts game that will be Shoot-'em-up style (bullet hell), like Touhou.

And I think it will be really cool. We can battle each characters we like with different patterns and different styles, exclusive battle themes (Roxas with The other Promise, Xemnas with Dissappear, Xigbar with Black Powder, Disney Villains with Squirming Evil, etc.). I mean, we know how the battle styles of each character from the actual game (OXIII, Disney villains, even main protagonists), and imagine with those styles that can remade into a bullet hell style with some extra creative will make each battle an unforgetable memories.

My head maybe day dreaming, but really that idea is really cool. What do you think?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Hmm, I'm not sure if I would like that, sorry. Aren't shooter elements pretty evident in the gummi ship sections of the games, especially in KH2? And when you said Touhou, the Hunter-X came to mind in an instant.

In my personal opinion, if there is some time for them to develop such a game, they might as well improve or build on the gummi ship minigames.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Bullet hells are really frightening to me haha Nier is a bit of a bullet hell in its own way, not to mention Re:coded had elements of it as well with the way certain bosses would use the bug blocks and I was terrible at those times so I don't know if I would enjoy it. I have the timing skills of a uncoordinated baby (at least that is how I feel. I'm actually not that terrible). I can see how fun and cool it would look but I think there are other directions a side game could take that wouldn't include frustrating combat that would make most KH players rage quit.

If they introduce a mini-game like a bullet hell into the series, though, I suppose I could enjoy it as long as it was non-essential to my overall progress and had an easy trophy/achievement that didn't require me to rip my hair out.

(Touhou memories of ripping my hair out just to finish a level...)

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I wouldn't like that either. It might be a fun minigame or perhaps as a special section of a boss fight like Recoded had for several bosses but not to change the entire genre.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I actually doubt that Disney would be okay with that.

If they do not even allow a Dissidia-esque gameplay with the KH characters, why would they allow a shooter?

The gummi ship missions are exempt in this regard because they consist mainly of anonymous ship models rather than characters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I actually doubt that Disney would be okay with that.

If they do not even allow a Dissidia-esque gameplay with the KH characters, why would they allow a shooter?

The gummi ship missions are exempt in this regard because they consist mainly of anonymous ship models rather than characters.

It's not a shooter in a literal sense. This is a shoot-em-up bullet hell.

[video=youtube;4Nb5Ohbt1Sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nb5Ohbt1Sg[/video]

Also Disney didn't reject Dissidia. Nomura never approached them, thinking they wouldn't approve of the game so they moved the idea to FF. If that were true, Disney Infinity would not exist.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Just imagine a KH dissidea set in the Mirage Arena, they could use the discarded idea to use Laguna~

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Okay, given the Youtube video you just posted, I'm gonna go with Spock on this one: that type of game gives me anxiety just watching it @_@ I can't handle...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Also Disney didn't reject Dissidia. Nomura never approached them, thinking they wouldn't approve of the game so they moved the idea to FF. If that were true, Disney Infinity would not exist.

Is that true? I've only ever heard people say Disney turned the idea down. He needs to ask them, seriously, because that's one spin-off I do want.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is that true? I've only ever heard people say Disney turned the idea down. He needs to ask them, seriously, because that's one spin-off I do want.

Ultimania Interview - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Nomura: We made a game where characters from various FF games got together to battle, Dissidia, but that was a project we were originally thinking of using for KH. However, deciding it would be a bad idea to make Disney characters fight each other, it never materialized for KH and ended up shifting to FF.

The wording implies that they didn't bother asking. Pared with the fact that Disney was planning a fighter of their own at some point in the 2000s...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's not a shooter in a literal sense. This is a shoot-em-up bullet hell.

[video=youtube;4Nb5Ohbt1Sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nb5Ohbt1Sg[/video]

That somehow reminds me of such arcade shooting games like Space Invaders, Galaga or Raptor: Call of the Shadows, just with even MOAR DAKKA on the screen.

Dunno though if this would work with KH very well despite Xemnas practically already doing this during the final portion of the final battle in KH 2, lol.

So it was actually Nomura preemptively anticipating Disney's stance on the matter rather than actually presenting the idea?
Jeez, didn't actually know that.

Although to be completely honest I prefer Dissidia as an FF game rather than KH.
If we could have both, great, but if only one is possible FF is clearly the better choice.

If we go about true "spin-offs" I would like to see for KH, I would be more interested in a Theatrhythm variant, a "Kingdom Karts"-game ala Mario Kart with Jiminy Cricket taking the role of Lakitu floating on that cloud showing the lap numbers and the Command Board from BBS as a standalone game with many more boards and playable characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back