• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Signature of the Month: Polar Opposites

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
SignatureoftheMonthBanner2.png~original

SOTW has returned but this time it has been changed into a monthly contest so you guys can have more time to submit your beautiful entries~

Theme: Polar Opposites: Summer & Winter
Basically, we want you to use summer colours but with winter themes! Which can mean pretty much anything that is associated with winter in some way. You can use things like ice, snow or anything else.

Deadline: August 26th
Voting: August 27th - 31st

Rules:
• Only one entry per person
• You must submit a brand new signature, so no looking for a sig you made last year that fits the theme
• Entries should be submitted into this thread
• Anyone can enter! Even if you're a novice at sigs or a newcomer you can still enter

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Oh hey, for those of you who are like "meh," if you get enough wins throughout the year... there's a forum award waiting for you at the other end ;)

ANYWAY. Good luck ladies and gents- show us what you got!

Also, just for clarification... can we use things that wouldn't be traditional winter themes (such as ice pokemon, something that is technically winter-y but not really?)

Last edited:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Also, just for clarification... can we use things that wouldn't be traditional winter themes (such as ice pokemon, something that is technically winter-y but not really?)
Of course! As long as it's wintery in some way it still counts.

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
LPs are 700x400+ so try to stay in the 400-500x200-300 range. I'm impressed at the interest levels already. Let's get this place boooooomin'!

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I just mean animating it in After Effects and exporting it as a gif or some other format that supports animation. I'm not sure what format people most often use on the forums for animated images.

C4strife

Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee
Awards
Website
www.boajjang.com
I just mean animating it in After Effects and exporting it as a gif or some other format that supports animation. I'm not sure what format people most often use on the forums for animated images.

Hmm, I haven't seen anyone create a signature in After Effects before. Most animated signatures and avatars I have seen were created in Adobe Image Ready which comes with Photoshop. They are still gifs, so it might be possible to do what you're proposing. I don't think it'd be a problem if you try something in After Effects (it's not really my decision though =P). In fact, I'd be curious to see what you come up with. I would just try to not make the file size of the animation too large. I tend to get annoyed waiting for large animated gifs to load.

As for me, I was thinking about participating, but I probably won't be able to because I got some graphic/website requests that I have to get done. Plus I should really be looking for a job =P

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
No, I don't think so. I mean, not that I know of... How would you go about animating such a thing anyway? (I sound like I don't what I'm talking about xD)

If you know how to, you can have anything animated in a tag. In all honesty, it shouldn't matter whether the tag is animated or not, it's a tag at the end of the day.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Hmm, I haven't seen anyone create a signature in After Effects before. Most animated signatures and avatars I have seen were created in Adobe Image Ready which comes with Photoshop. They are still gifs, so it might be possible to do what you're proposing. I don't think it'd be a problem if you try something in After Effects (it's not really my decision though =P). In fact, I'd be curious to see what you come up with. I would just try to not make the file size of the animation too large. I tend to get annoyed waiting for large animated gifs to load.

As for me, I was thinking about participating, but I probably won't be able to because I got some graphic/website requests that I have to get done. Plus I should really be looking for a job =P

I'd say go for it if you could, because it'd be sick, in all honesty :)

Please throw something together brother? It'd be nice to have you compete :)

Vicodin

relative power
Hm. I'll enter. Haven't done a signature in a long, long time.

And this begs the question... would it be forcing it if I chose to use the Winter Soldier? Aha.

Last edited:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Just a reminder that the deadline is in a week, so get your beautiful sigs in~

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Following up on my previous question, what is the most common format to put animated images on the forums--something like iDrops' avatar or King Sora X's signature? How exactly do you include those in a post, signature, or elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back