• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

13 Short Stories (Max's Summer Writing Challenges)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Hey guys, ever since the 2014 Summer Writing Challenges were announced, I had wanted to make a thread that contained all of my stories. I didn't figure it would hurt if I went ahead and gathered them all together now that the challenges are over, so here they are! (Oh, there is also a 14th story on here at the end. It wasn't one of the 14 challenges, but I wrote it for another contest earlier this summer and just decided to include it).

By the way, some of these are fan fiction while most of them are original stories. I don't really like writing fan fiction all that much, but some of the challenges required it, so yeah.

I'll go ahead and write the order and the dates in which I completed each challenge, as well as who issued them to me. Enjoy. everybody!

Challenge 01 - Cross-Over Story: Supernatural: The Mushi-Master
Challenge issued by: CD-Man2021
Part 1 completed on: July 8, 2014
Part 2 completed on: July 10, 2014
NOTE: The stories I crossed over for this challenge are Supernatural and Mushi-Shi

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 02 - 4th of July Story: Our Time is Now
Personal Challenge
Completed on: July 12, 2014

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 03 - 10 Minute Story: Final Moments
Personal Challenge
Completed on: July 12, 2014

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 04 - 200 Word Story: Endings
Personal Challenge
Completed on: July 13, 2014

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 05 - Survival/Apocalypse Story: The Room at the End of the World
Completed on: July 13, 2014

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 06 - Song Story: Golden Brown
Completed on: July 14, 2014
Here's a link to the song that this story is based on: The Stranglers - Golden Brown

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 07 - 3 Day Challenge: Scarlet Oak
Personal Challenge
Part 1 completed on: July 21, 2014
Part 2 completed on: July 22, 2014
Part 3 completed on: July 23, 2014

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 08 - Fluffy Story: Autumn Leaves
Personal Challenge
Completed on: July 24, 2014

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 09 - Write it Better/How it Should Have Ended: CLASSIC 7: The True Story
Personal Challenge
Completed on: July 25, 2014
CLASSIC Originally written by: CD-Man2021
Original Story this was based on: CLASSIC
Original Chapter of CLASSIC this was based on: CLASSIC 7 [The Forgotten Forest Expansion
NOTE: You may want to read the original chapter CLASSIC 7 before reading my How it Should Have Ended.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 10 - Fantasy Story: Supernatural: Knights and Valor
Challenge issued by: ChibiHearts249
Completed on: July 28, 2014

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 11 - Multiple Universe Story: The Walking Dead: At the Crossroads
Personal Challenge
Completed on: July 31, 2014
NOTE: I chose The Walking Dead for this challenge. For those who don't know, there are essentially two universes. There is the Comic Universe (which contains the stories of the comics, Telltale's game series, and the novels), and then there is the AMC tv universe (which contains the stories of the show and the game Survival Instinct).

My story crosses these two universes using the games from each. It takes place between seasons 1 & 2 of the game shortly before season 2 begins, and towards the end of Survival instinct. I have the central characters of each game basically cross paths on their journeys, and I have them explain exactly where they were headed in relation to each game's story. So if you've played the games, you should easily be able to tell where I am slipping this into the story of each game. If you didn't play them, then you just have some insight as to where the characters were headed. Either way, I feel like this meshing the stories together to fit into their canon universes worked out quite nicely.

Also, if you are unfamiliar with The Walking Dead's terminolgy: Walkers, biters, etc. All words for zombie.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 12 - Horror Story: We've All Been There
Personal Challenge
Completed on July 31, 2014

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Challenge 13 - Friendship Story: Balloon Squad Protectors
Personal Challenge
Completed on: July 31, 2014
NOTE: This story is most definitely dedicated to two very good friends of mine. You guys may know them as CD-Man and Sugar Lips. Sorry if you guys don't get all of our little jokes, but I just had to include them. It's just one of those friendship things, you know?

This is the tale of one of our epic days of playing Animal Crossing together, thus some of the randomness. We really area fun bunch, haha. Sugar Lips is Jeri, CD-Man is Casper, and I am Max (of course).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Bonus Story - Shipper Contest: What is and What Should Never Be
This story was originally written for a romance contest that took place on KHI earlier this summer.
Submitted on: May 26, 2014

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm glad you put these in one place, Max! This'll make it easy for me to go over all of them, tomorrow~

I like having them all in one place as well, it appeases my OCD haha.

And yes, tomorrow, after you have won today's contest!

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I like having them all in one place as well, it appeases my OCD haha.
Yeah, I kinda figured, especially since you doctored it up so neatly and put it all in 1 post!

And yes, tomorrow, after you have won today's contest!
I'm bringing home the gold, baby!
(Or the pin, in our case...-_-)
But I WILL be getting the gold Smash Bros coin for my preorder at SmashFest! Although that's another can of worms.

You'd better hold me to that promise to comment on them all, too. I'm burnt out, but I still need to be motivated to get on for a couple hours tomorrow!

Max

Staff member
Awards
You'd better hold me to that promise to comment on them all, too. I'm burnt out, but I still need to be motivated to get on for a couple hours tomorrow!

I'll hold you to it, if you hold me to it! I said that I would comment on everything as well, and now that I'm not writing every day, I have more time to read haha.

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I'll hold you to it, if you hold me to it! I said that I would comment on everything as well, and now that I'm not writing every day, I have more time to read haha.

Don't we all? The reading just...MULTIPLIED. And now Kat has the poll thread up! So we're definitely gonna hafta steel ourselves for the coming barrage of stories!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I know I said it already, but your stuff totally blew me away during the challenges, man. For real these were really well written.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I know I said it already, but your stuff totally blew me away during the challenges, man. For real these were really well written.

Thanks a lot, man, I appreciate that! It's great to hear that you enjoyed my stories that much.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I totally loved all of your stories including the Supernatural stories! :D Honestly, I think you should write more. ^_^

Now, I'm off to read more again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back