• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which is most tragic?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaCore5

Awards
Through out the kingdom hearts series we have seen events unfold that are not quite the happiest of tales... But which game do you believe is the most tragic? I think BBS was a very tragic game considering all of the main characters got screwed over at the end.

MegaCore5

Awards
Well to go little more detail this is probably the game where everyone loses besides Xehanort.
T is taken over by Xehanort
A is stuck in the realm of darkness
and V just won broke the world record for longest in sleep

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I dunno. I mean, BbS is the most tragic in a practical sense, but Coded and Days are also rather similar. In Coded, you've got Data Sora, who isn't even REAL in the same sense as everyone else. In Days, you have a group of people with no hearts blindly following their leader to regain what they've lost.

KH is full of tragedy.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
KH is full of tragedy.

It does have a surprising amount doesn't it?

BBS is definitely the most tragic game of the series so far. Ven has a pretty terrible time from the moment the game starts right through the end of the game and Terra has an internal struggle the whole time and has to fight his own master. Then the ending happens and all 3 characters are left in terrible situations.

Days is also pretty tragic with what Roxas and Xion goes through over the course of the game trying to figure out who they are and the fate that becomes of Xion.

KH1 is kind of tragic too. Sora spends the whole game trying to find his friends and he has to battle one of them multiple times because he is taken over by darkness. Then he finds Kairi and has to give up his heart to save her. And at the end of the game he saves the worlds but has to lock his best friend and Donald and Goofy's best friend behind the DtD.
Wow this series is depressing. xD

ChibiHearts249

Awards
KH1 is kind of tragic too. Sora spends the whole game trying to find his friends and he has to battle one of them multiple times because he is taken over by darkness. Then he finds Kairi and has to give up his heart to save her. And at the end of the game he saves the worlds but has to lock his best friend and Donald and Goofy's best friend behind the DtD.
Wow this series is depressing. xD
Sora really DOES have it rough. But he's always so cheerful...
If I put myself in his shoes for a moment (regardless of size), I don't think I'd be able to easily trust ANYONE anymore.

kmorris2609

Birth By Sleep and 358/2 are almost equally heartbreaking. All the characters were screwed over and ended up losing each other in the end. However, I think Aqua, Terra, and Ventus got the shorter end of the stick. Especially considering they REMEMBER all that happened to them.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora really DOES have it rough. But he's always so cheerful...
If I put myself in his shoes for a moment (regardless of size), I don't think I'd be able to easily trust ANYONE anymore.

I see what you did there. xD

Birth By Sleep and 358/2 are almost equally heartbreaking. All the characters were screwed over and ended up losing each other in the end. However, I think Aqua, Terra, and Ventus got the shorter end of the stick. Especially considering they REMEMBER all that happened to them.

You know I'm starting to think this thread needs a poll though I think BBS would most likely win.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I see what you did there. xD
Oh REALLY? X3

You know I'm starting to think this thread needs a poll though I think BBS would most likely win.
I feel like it would, too. The game just OOZES tragedy. The music, the atmosphere, the characters, the plot...But I think I'd vote for Days. Something about how futile it all was...now that's tragic. To me, at least.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
For me its Days, the ending depressed me for a while. While I agree BBS is tragic, the problem I had was that I played as Aqua first, so I was more frustrated and angry towards Terra and MX than focusing on their individual tragedies.

To explain it better: Titanic scenario. I was too busy arguing semantics and focusing on how the guy could have survived than the tragedy of Rose losing him.

While in the Days, I was heavily invested in both Roxas and Xion equally. I really felt Roxas' whole "What am I going to put up with today" attitude because I had that similar attitude when I got taken advantage of at my old job.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
For me its Days, the ending depressed me for a while. While I agree BBS is tragic, the problem I had was that I played as Aqua first, so I was more frustrated and angry towards Terra and MX than focusing on their individual tragedies.
Yay! So that would be 2 votes for Days!
Haha, I'm happy that the story is tragic. I must be a monster XD

But seriously! The Nobodies are all looking for something they a already have; blindly following their leader and helping him achieve a goal that THEY thought was for all of their sakes.
And don't get me started on Roxas and Xion.

davidXIIIaxel

Yay! So that would be 2 votes for Days!
Haha, I'm happy that the story is tragic. I must be a monster XD

But seriously! The Nobodies are all looking for something they a already have; blindly following their leader and helping him achieve a goal that THEY thought was for all of their sakes.
And don't get me started on Roxas and Xion.
well as i agree with you about 358/2 days being the most deppressing thing of the series, xemnas created xion to gather hearts quicker. with two keyblade masters on their side they could have kingdom hearts quicker.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I'd still have to say that BBS is the most tragic.

Here are my thoughts on Days though. That game had a lot going for it, I thought, but messed it up when they decided to create Xion. It's no secret that I despise her, but I will admit that her death was really depressing, although I felt more for Roxas in that situation. I wish that game had been more about the relationship between Roxas and Axel instead of Roxas and Xion, a character that no one fucking remembers anyway so why does it even matter?

Sorry, I just get pissed when I think about it. One of my favorite scenes in the series is in that game when Roxas confronts Axel about who he really is and who Sora is and why he knows how to use the keyblade. That scene would have meant a lot more and been more real if Xion wasn't also a part of the conversation.

davidXIIIaxel

I'd still have to say that BBS is the most tragic.

Here are my thoughts on Days though. That game had a lot going for it, I thought, but messed it up when they decided to create Xion. It's no secret that I despise her, but I will admit that her death was really depressing, although I felt more for Roxas in that situation. I wish that game had been more about the relationship between Roxas and Axel instead of Roxas and Xion, a character that no one diddlying remembers anyway so why does it even matter?

Sorry, I just get pissed when I think about it. One of my favorite scenes in the series is in that game when Roxas confronts Axel about who he really is and who Sora is and why he knows how to use the keyblade. That scene would have meant a lot more and been more real if Xion wasn't also a part of the conversation.
yeah i see what you mean. i really liked the relationship between roxas and axel. but i do feel for roxas when she died because 1 he forgot her 2 he lost his best friend 3 he also lost axel as a friend because he got so mad and angry about the situation even though while through the whole proccess of losing xion he kept forgeting her and he was trying to destroy kingdom hearts.

Larxy

Website
thekh.forumcommunity.net
I can't really choose between Days and BBS, because both have such a dramatic plot and they both end up with the separation of three very close friends... :frown:

Anthony12KH

In my opinion, it would be BBS. After BBS would be Days. I've went through both of their stories, and honestly, both games stories made me cry, but out of the two of them, I'd have to go with BBS. In BBS, you had 3+ peoples lives ruined because some old man didnt take his medication. Not only that, one gets his body hijacked, one had to fight his own darkness because he meant nothing to his master, and one loses all her friends due to that man, and gets trapped in the darkness for over 11 years. Lets not forget Blank Points. the amount of feels in that ending just shows you that those tragic moments in BBS will be gone in KH3 because of our savior Sora(or Jesus).

MegaCore5

Awards
It does have a surprising amount doesn't it?

BBS is definitely the most tragic game of the series so far. Ven has a pretty terrible time from the moment the game starts right through the end of the game and Terra has an internal struggle the whole time and has to fight his own master. Then the ending happens and all 3 characters are left in terrible situations.

Days is also pretty tragic with what Roxas and Xion goes through over the course of the game trying to figure out who they are and the fate that becomes of Xion.
I want to know how the heck Ven got stuck with Master Xehanort at the beginning. The torture he put Ven through pretty much killed him if it wasn't for sora.

Roxas and Xion were just pawns in master Xehanort plan. Their lives were a joke the moment they began. I feel really bad for both of them...

Anthony12KH

I want to know how the heck Ven got stuck with Master Xehanort at the beginning. The torture he put Ven through pretty much killed him if it wasn't for sora.

Roxas and Xion were just pawns in master Xehanort plan. Their lives were a joke the moment they began. I feel really bad for both of them...

I'm sure its like how Xehanorts master found Xehanort. He went to different worlds, and found him. Then he saw potential in Ven, and took him under his wing. I dont think MX kidnapped him since that would have been pointed out. Probably Ven was homeless or something. Or MX killed Ven's parents and lied to him. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back