• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you want a different limited edition?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

omnipresent

I couldn't find a thread on this...

Looking at what Japan got in their collector's edition for KHII.5 remix, how do you feel about getting the free preorder pin?
Do you like it? Hate it? Wish there were were more options?

Personally, I like the pin, but alone it seems lacking. I wish Square would have given everyone outside Japan more options as to a collector's edition. An artbook, a steelbook, a figure of some sort, a soundtrack, a shirt, anything to make it seem a bit more grand. And I'm sure there are many like me who would be willing to spend a bit more to obtain those items.

So do you think the pin is the final Limited Edition or will Square come out with another announcement sometime in the future revealing something magical?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I like the pin and think there should be more, but honestly, I'm not too worried about it now. The limited edition was announced really early and Square NA is aware of the complaints. They'ed have to be stupid not to take them into account. I think we'll get more, it's just a matter of time.

fangsora

I think square enix was and was not being quite fair with the pin. For the pin you can probably sell it on eBay for 9.00$ my guess is square enix was running out of ideas for a pre Oder bonus.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think square enix was and was not being quite fair with the pin. For the pin you can probably sell it on eBay for 9.00$ my guess is square enix was running out of ideas for a pre Oder bonus.

It depends on the pin but some of them fetch a pretty penny. There's actually a big market for Disney pins and it seems that's what Square NA is trying to take advantage of. There are people who will probably buy the game just for the pin.

MyNameisAnsem

It depends on the pin but some of them fetch a pretty penny. There's actually a big market for Disney pins and it seems that's what Square NA is trying to take advantage of. There are people who will probably buy the game just for the pin.

I never considered people buying the game exclusively for the pin, but that's certainly a possibility. Heck, I have a few of my old Disney pins in my room right now.

SonicKeyblade007

Last year Disney hosted a launch event near my house for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix where we not only only got a limited artbook edition of the game, but we also got a free pin and and posters. So this current limited edition for the 2.5 HD Remix feels like a major downgrade. I sure would like to see more than just a pin when it comes to limited editions but hopefully Disney will have another launch event for the 2.5 HD Remix.

MyNameisAnsem

Last year Disney hosted a launch event near my house for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix where we not only only got a limited artbook edition of the game, but we also got a free pin and and posters. So this current limited edition for the 2.5 HD Remix feels like a major downgrade. I sure would like to see more than just a pin when it comes to limited editions but hopefully Disney will have another launch event for the 2.5 HD Remix.

Sounds awesome! Who hosted the launch event?

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I'd like the pin better if it wasn't the KH1/Coded/CoM model of Sora. For II.5 it really should have been KH2 Sora. I think Coded is getting a bit too much attention at the moment.

I think a tee shirt would be nice were it not for the countless shirts KHII already has available in Hot Topic. A Tee shirt for Kingdom Hearts 1 still doesn't officially exist. Almost all KH memoribilia is for KHII in the states, ignoring the existence of the previous and later games.

If I could plan a collector's edition, it would come with the pin and a full set of the rubber stamp series and a steelbook. By the full rubber stamp set, I include the newest set that includes the BBS trio. That is just me though.

MyNameisAnsem

Yeah, it probably should be KH2 Sora. I honestly never noticed that it was coded Sora though. Looking at the pose, that's definitely it though

For compariosn:
codebox610.jpg

nxtgarnett5

I like the pin, but idk, there was something about the art book from 1.5 that really spoke to me. Like i had the actual blueprints of a kingdom hearts game in the palm of my hand. If they were able to give me something like that again then I'd be impressed

Gram

Banned
Awards
Nope, I'm getting the current one for free so I'm good. xD

morgancb35

SE should have a sora figure as a bonus. The newest tomb raider came with a Lara croft figure and I thought that was pretty awesome!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I want one with bacon.

I'm cool with the pin, but it needs more. Add another pin, and put in a Wayfinder, an art book, collectible postcards, all the Ultimanias, and maybe a PS3 skin.

MegaCore5

Awards
I want one with bacon.

I'm cool with the pin, but it needs more. Add another pin, and put in a Wayfinder, an art book, collectible postcards, all the Ultimanias, and maybe a PS3 skin.
I agree we need more than only a pin. I was thinking that there has to be some clothing merchandise as well. If that were to happen it would be so hype! I assume that we will get another PS3 skin like the last Kingdom hearts remix.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I agree we need more than only a pin. I was thinking that there has to be some clothing merchandise as well. If that were to happen it would be so hype! I assume that we will get another PS3 skin like the last Kingdom hearts remix.
Clothing merchandise would be nice.
Ya know what? We need Sora gloves.

MegaCore5

Awards
Clothing merchandise would be nice.
Ya know what? We need Sora gloves.
Sora's gloves and Mickey ears would be a nice touch! And while you're at it why not just add a Keyblade haha!! If they added some spectacular merchandise in KH2.5 I would hope that they continue to sell that kind of merchandise for KH3's limited edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back