• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did anyone else find Riku stupidly easy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I'd sold my DS by the time this game came out so I had to use an emulator to play it but got a little bored so didn't go back to it, then I got a 3DS for dream drop distance and decided to give the game a proper go. It's an annoying one for sure, I wouldn't say it's a bad game I enjoy it a lot more than Re:Coded (which I am currently playing) but it was nice to finish the whole thing off. The only thing I noticed was the shift in difficulty between Xion and Riku, Xion wasn't amazingly hard but put up a lot more of a fight than Riku, you can actually glide away from every single one of his attacks, if you just keep gliding he doesn't hurt you, I'm pretty sure there was a similar situation to this in Kingdom Hearts 1 with the Hollow Bastion battle against him. Anyway did anyone else find Riku stupidly easy for the last boss? I'm playing proud mode too and he literally didn't stand a chance. I sorta wish you got to fight Ansem Riku in the last battle.

One thing I will say I thoroughly enjoyed about this game was the ability to complete missions as members of the organisation, I redid the battle against Riku as Xemnas and the Neoshadows actually gave me a lot harder of a time!

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yeah, in story mode, Riku and the Neoshadows are very easy. This is probably because Xion is technically the final boss.
For me anyway, it's nice to plow through the Neoshadows and Riku so easily since it's right after a hard fight (especially since you can't save in between fights.)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's not really a rare thing that the pen-ultimate boss in a game is actually the hardest one instead of the last one.
I.e. in FF VII Safer Sephiroth is much more of a challenge than the final Sephiroth battle or in KH DDD Young Xehanort is more difficult than the Nightmare Armor.
Final boss and climax boss do not have to be in the same package and in Days Xion is clearly the climax boss while Riku serves only as a final boss to bring the narrative to a close and span the bridge to KH 2.

Then there are of course also story-related things to count in as Riku did get his ass kicked by Roxas canonically.
Only by cheating with activating Ansem's power and the Guardian did Riku manage to get the upper hand.

MyNameisAnsem

Yeah, it was easier. I tried using each character in Mission Mode to beat the boss, and Donald and Goofy were by far the toughest to use. Well, maybe my builds could have been better.

Kh831

YA I totally felt her was easy I after beating xion I was some what disappointed. That is in the past there is no way to change it now.

BlueKey777

Banned
The boss fight with Riku is supposed to be easy (they give you the dual wield keyblade for crying out loud) because the real final boss fight was with Xion (which was a lot harder than Riku).

MyNameisAnsem

The boss fight with Riku is supposed to be easy (they give you the dual wield keyblade for crying out loud) because the real final boss fight was with Xion (which was a lot harder than Riku).

Actually, dual wielding was taken away for that fight. Riku had Oblivion until the fight was over.

kh13

It must be nice that it was easy. Maybe somehow the difficulty of the level goes
down or something like that.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah I noticed that but like Sephiroth pointed out above other games have had the final boss be easier than the one before (another example is Final Fantasy X where you literally CAN'T die in the last fight). You would think Riku would be tougher but as others said there is a prior story reason from KH2 why Roxas is able to beat him so easily.

MyNameisAnsem

Yeah I noticed that but like Sephiroth pointed out above other games have had the final boss be easier than the one before (another example is Final Fantasy X where you literally CAN'T die in the last fight). You would think Riku would be tougher but as others said there is a prior story reason from KH2 why Roxas is able to beat him so easily.

Right, I remember that it was given a reason. Well, you could always make it mroe challenging for yourself, depending on how your panels are set up.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Right, I remember that it was given a reason. Well, you could always make it mroe challenging for yourself, depending on how your panels are set up.

Some have tried. Like KH2FM or BBS people actually try beating Days at level one. It's a bit difficult though since every enemy has so much hp.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
You leveled Roxas to 99? That's a lot of level up panels, did you have any room for other panels? :p

It's actually possible to level up all the way to level 99 and still have plenty of space for abilities, haha. This is the set-up:

Panel2.png

Got that image from khwiki, and I've checked it; it gives you level 99.

MegaCore5

Awards
I'd sold my DS by the time this game came out so I had to use an emulator to play it but got a little bored so didn't go back to it, then I got a 3DS for dream drop distance and decided to give the game a proper go. It's an annoying one for sure, I wouldn't say it's a bad game I enjoy it a lot more than Re:Coded (which I am currently playing) but it was nice to finish the whole thing off. The only thing I noticed was the shift in difficulty between Xion and Riku, Xion wasn't amazingly hard but put up a lot more of a fight than Riku, you can actually glide away from every single one of his attacks, if you just keep gliding he doesn't hurt you, I'm pretty sure there was a similar situation to this in Kingdom Hearts 1 with the Hollow Bastion battle against him. Anyway did anyone else find Riku stupidly easy for the last boss? I'm playing proud mode too and he literally didn't stand a chance. I sorta wish you got to fight Ansem Riku in the last battle.

One thing I will say I thoroughly enjoyed about this game was the ability to complete missions as members of the organisation, I redid the battle against Riku as Xemnas and the Neoshadows actually gave me a lot harder of a time!

their were definitely more harder bosses like ruler in the sky and Leech grave. Riku's fight was sort of meant be be an easier fight because the game was over already when you beated xion. The last day was really just the transition between this game and KH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back