• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is there such a low completion rate on the HD collection?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: [Discussion] Why is there such a low completion rate on the HD collection?

Actually, that standard trophy was from a few days ago.

It was about a year and 3 months after my Beginner trophy though.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

This thread inspired me.

10257513_10203655223323222_7187988372875364992_o.jpg

Congratulations, I thought I noticed you working your way through that.

I too have trouble finding motivation to play it these days, not because I dislike it but cause I find room after room of heartless incredibly tedious.
Thankfully with it's theater mode I dont have to beat it again~ (need a refresher start theater mode and enjoy~)

KH1 on the other hand I never grow tired of.

Couldn't agree more, by my second and third playthrough I barely fought any non-necessary heartless, especially in the third run through. I'm the guy who usually tries to clear every heartless in a room before moving on, but Re:CoM felt really tedious after a very short amount of time for some reason

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

Couldn't agree more, by my second and third playthrough I barely fought any non-necessary heartless, especially in the third run through. I'm the guy who usually tries to clear every heartless in a room before moving on, but Re:CoM felt really tedious after a very short amount of time for some reason

Re:CoM is the real test of patience for trophy hunters out there. Like damn Square-Enix, learn how to stack trophies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

The plus side is that they said they'd make it easier in 2.5 and I really hope the first thing they do is stack trophies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I thought the "beat on x difficulty" was probably going to be the most difficult as I was doing a trophy marathon for 1.5 today.

I honestly feel like Re:CoM's minigame point requirements are actually the worst and just insane. I nearly ragequit'd because of Hundred Acre Wood. Even Mysterious Figure in KH1FM was easier than this.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I actually platinumed 1.5 2 or 3 weeks ago. The thing is I completed my first playthrough of 1 and Re:CoM within the first month or so after its release. So it took me about 7 months to get around doing the other 2 playthroughs.

I too have trouble finding motivation to play it these days, not because I dislike it but cause I find room after room of heartless incredibly tedious.
Thankfully with it's theater mode I dont have to beat it again~ (need a refresher start theater mode and enjoy~)

KH1 on the other hand I never grow tired of.

That's my problem too. I enjoy the story and the card system but just going through rooms and fighting heartless without much variety can be pretty tedious. And like you I never seem to get tired of playing KH1.

I am completely the same. I always clear each room but during my second and third playthroughs of Re:CoM I got a whole bunch of room cards in the first worlds and basically just ran through each world without doing much fighting.

I honestly feel like Re:CoM's minigame point requirements are actually the worst and just insane. I nearly ragequit'd because of Hundred Acre Wood. Even Mysterious Figure in KH1FM was easier than this.

Really? The mini games were some of my favorite parts of Re:CoM. The only one I had problems with was the fight against the bees (that took many tries). In fact I enjoyed the one at Rabbit's house so much I actually got 300 points (don't ask me why I went that high because i'm not sure xD).

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

I agree with what a lot of people are saying about CoM. Honestly, especially in Reverse/Rebirth, I get the intention that we're supposed to be skipping most of the Heartless. Think about all the cards in the game that create rooms where Heartless are sleeping or nearly immobile! In Riku's mode, the central gameplay element is finding the boss and exit rooms. This is a game about rushing through, which makes it rub wrong against the rest of the series, where being thorough is king. CoM is just meant to be breezier sort of game. Just be careful going through R/R with lower Attack Points.

The larger arenas slow things down too. That's what I think Th Key of Destny is having trouble putting a finger on: the small GBA arenas make for quicker fights. Not "quick" fights, but quicker. The Cloud summon can hit nearly half the screen with every swing, there's a bit of a difference, there.

This speedrushing mentality also makes those Level 99 Trophies feel out of place.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Only trophy I have left on KHFM is collect all blueprints which requires beating all gummiship missions, which just ain't happening.

Xelon99

Awards

I admit I'm one of the 90% who hasn't finished Riku's story... yet.
Which more is the cause that I am still trying to reach level 99 (at 94 right now). After that I'll go through Easy and Hard to get the full 100% on the entire Collection.

Trust me, this'll be a lot worse when the 2.5 remix comes. Damn the ice creams..

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Ugh, Birth By Sleep. I deliberately play KH games in Normal to force myself to do the harsher Secret Ending requirements, right? Experience more of the game? But that was a mistake in BBS. Completing the journal three times was the height of tedium. Once would have been fine, but I didn't realize...

Oh good! Now I get to play the same board games twice more each! And then again to try to get Pete and exclusive commands, which aren't in the Mirage Arena, for no good reason! For hours. Ahahaha, Iron Imprisoner 4, you're so funny when you kill each of the three characteres twenty times after going through the entire boring tournament before you. Whoops, my thumbs fell off.

Last edited:

bazimon

Well I'm not sure about everyone else, but I loved KH ever since it came out but originally being in a PAL region with my main console being the PS2, I missed a multitude of the games, especially Re:CoM (which REALLY confused me when I played KH2). So when I got the HD ReMix I was ecstatic and played all the games constantly. I've platinumed KH and Days but still have to do CoM, which personally I think isn't as bad as many make it out to be...

Not sure why people wouldn't have platinumed Days, because I'm pretty sure more then a fair share of the games purchasers bought it just for those cutscenes.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Not sure why people wouldn't have platinumed Days, because I'm pretty sure more then a fair share of the games purchasers bought it just for those cutscenes.
It confuses me as well. If they didn't want to watch the cutscenes, they could just open the clip, press start, exit out, and repeat for a few minutes and get the trophies that way. They can get a 100% which includes 3 gold trophies within a few minutes but so many neglect to do it.

MegaRay

Maybe... Because I (and alot of people) didnt sync our trophies? lol
I finished KHFM 100% twice at proud and FM, and Recom twice for both Riku and Sora. But didnt sync trophies for so long :)

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
Maybe its just that most of the people that are playing 1.5 aren't really new comers. Plus, it pains me to say this but there are just not may RPG fans around like there used to be. There also isn't too much new content in the game that anyone didn't know about. That also could have been the problem.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Maybe... Because I (and alot of people) didnt sync our trophies? lol
I finished KHFM 100% twice at proud and FM, and Recom twice for both Riku and Sora. But didnt sync trophies for so long :)

Haha, I still have to do this. One of these days I might even remember.

I haven't platinumed yet, I still have to do the speed run, Unchanging Armour, and the Beginner and Proud trophies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The games included in 1.5 are also extremely outdated, especially for those who have had the chance to experience Birth by Sleep or 3D. Nostalgia can only go so far, for both the dedicated fanbase and those who lost interest years ago.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I have really, really been getting the urge to finish up Final Mix lately and grab all of it's trophies. I have been telling myself I wasn't allowed though until I one-hundred percented The Last of Us (all I have left to do is complete Grounded Mode, but... you know).

I will eventually finish it up someday, but I feel like if I don't get to it before the release of 2.5 then it will be seriously postponed for awhile.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I will eventually finish it up someday, but I feel like if I don't get to it before the release of 2.5 then it will be seriously postponed for awhile.

I feel you, man. I'm trying to platinum Tomb Raider first and then finish 1.5 but ugh.

I personally think I'll 100% everything in 2.5 before 1.5, which will make it extremely hard to go back to 1.5 considering how considerably slower the combat is in KHFM and Re:CoM.

kh13

I know most people just watch other users play the game online so that they don't have to do the work themselves. Its easier to watch someone else do all the work. As for Days I just sat down and watched it like a movie and then read the diary anytime in between watching the scenes of Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back