• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Novel Translations - Official Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Re: KH2 Novel Translations - Official Thread

Yay, Goldpanner! (notice I didn't say Goldplanner. I'm literate now~ <3)

True facts = Life just gets harder, but we make it work! Honestly, I would be glad to read anything you can produce. Also, thanks so much for your efforts over the years. It's much appreciated! ;A;

Terra 713

Awards

Hello :)

I'm sorry I haven't updated for a long time. I did most of my translating when I was in my senior year of high school and my first two years of university, and since then I haven't had as much time as I worked hard to graduate, and moved overseas and started a new job. For some reason I thought I'd have more time after I'd graduated, but the responsibilities of Adult Life have thoroughly dispelled that idea ^^;

I'm living in Japan now and have more motivation than ever to be reading and using the language. On top of that, I think my language skills are the best they've ever been, and I'd be able to put work out pretty quickly once I started.

The issue is just energy. I am so wiped after 12 hours a day of work/commute that I get home and scrape together a meal and mindlessly scroll through websites before I crash. And wake up early to plan for work again.

I really do want to start translating regularly soon, I just need to push myself to make a routine. I'm partway through chapters of KH2 vol 4, BBS vol 1 and DDD vol 1 at the moment, so whichever one I feel people want to see first, I'd get that one out first :) It seems, from comments on my website, that people are most eager for BBS.

I can't give a concrete time to expect anything. But, I am going to try and step up my game as soon as I can.

IF YOU WANT TO MOTIVATE ME

tell me which novel you're most looking forward to seeing!!

edit: man i forgot this thread was originally about KH2, and forgot which section it was stickied in. everything is confusing

Yeah I completly understand, don't worry :) Life becomes harder and harder and even I who have just attempted my first year at university have to admit that I have considerely less time in comparison with the previous year and suffer the fact that my KH & FF games progression is enormously slow considering the past.

However I just wanted to thank you very much for the beautiful work that you've done in the previous years and also want to express my congratulations for the quality of it.
Of course fell free to do this only if you like it no problem. Anyone who has read your translations would thank you very much for what you've brought us. Thanks again!

Finaly I personally I have to say that I'm most looking forward the Birth by Sleep translation because that game has deeply touched my heart :) But of course that's only because I haven't played the DDD since I don't have a N3DS yet.
With Theatrhythm Curtain Call out I'me definetly going to get that this time!!
So these two novels are the ones for which even I am looking forward :)
Thank you again for letting us read these works. We will always be grateful to you :)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ah! GP! You're alive ;~; We've missed you around here!

Sorry I've been so MIA! I had been feeling pretty sick for the last two weeks or so, too, but I think I've finally kicked it! So I'll get on the stuff that's been piling up ASAP ;A:/

;~; GP! Do you get the weekends off?

I do! But I've fallen into a bad habit of spending the whole of Saturday sleeping and then only having Sunday to do all my housework, shopping etc lol. I've made a resolution to fix that crappy cycle next weekend, though!

UH...UH. I'm excited for the rest of KH2 and KH3D Side Riku!

I will keep that in mind :D :D

Would you like for me to move it to another section where it can get a bit more attention (and you can find it easier? xD)

Actually that might be handy! I've done BBS, Days, DDD, KH2 and CoM stuff so far so it is more of a general thing isn't it!

Yay, Goldpanner! (notice I didn't say Goldplanner. I'm literate now~ <3)

True facts = Life just gets harder, but we make it work! Honestly, I would be glad to read anything you can produce. Also, thanks so much for your efforts over the years. It's much appreciated! ;A;

HAHAHA OH MAN I think I need to just accept Goldplanner as a nickname anyway hahaha

Thank you so much!! <3 <3 <3 It really has been years, hasn't it... Thank you for your support over that time!!

Yeah I completly understand, don't worry :) Life becomes harder and harder and even I who have just attempted my first year at university have to admit that I have considerely less time in comparison with the previous year and suffer the fact that my KH & FF games progression is enormously slow considering the past.

However I just wanted to thank you very much for the beautiful work that you've done in the previous years and also want to express my congratulations for the quality of it.
Of course fell free to do this only if you like it no problem. Anyone who has read your translations would thank you very much for what you've brought us. Thanks again!

Finaly I personally I have to say that I'm most looking forward the Birth by Sleep translation because that game has deeply touched my heart :) But of course that's only because I haven't played the DDD since I don't have a N3DS yet.
With Theatrhythm Curtain Call out I'me definetly going to get that this time!!
So these two novels are the ones for which even I am looking forward :)
Thank you again for letting us read these works. We will always be grateful to you :)

Thank you so much for such a lovely message!!! You're way too kind. I'm glad you've enjoyed the stuff I've managed to share, and I hope your second year at uni goes smoother with new wisdom ;)

I will keep those books in mind! And I'll try to get into a proper routine soon. Thank you for your lovely words and support :D

Terra 713

Awards

Not at all! You're welcome :)
and I hope your second year at uni goes smoother with new wisdom ;)
Thanks! I wish best things to you too :)

Last edited:

FangirlfromHell

Awards

Oh merciful Light! The Birth by Sleep Novels!!! Sorry, pardon that outburst. Is there any way of finding the illustrations from them? I can only ever find the covers but I've read that they have illustrations in the novels or did BBS not have that luxury?

Ultima Spark

Oh merciful Light! The Birth by Sleep Novels!!! Sorry, pardon that outburst. Is there any way of finding the illustrations from them? I can only ever find the covers but I've read that they have illustrations in the novels or did BBS not have that luxury?

I heard Amano didn't draw extra pics for the BBS novels 'cause he was ill at the time.

kh13

You're like a little angel sent from translator heaven =3

FangirlfromHell

Awards

I heard Amano didn't draw extra pics for the BBS novels 'cause he was ill at the time.

That makes sense. It's regretful though. I guess if anyone wants a specific scene from those novels illustrated I could attempt it since BBS is my favorite game. So far I like all the novels I've made it through. Maybe if we get lucky, one day we'll get English editions from Yen Press. I appreciate the hard work done by KHEnglish, but it'd be nice to read an actual book just to stare at the coverart in higher quality than the scans.

Thank you for the information.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hello :D Sorry that there isn't much of it up yet. I've been very stalled for a long time (as you can tell from all the excuses in this thread alone, haha). But I haven't quit!

Ultima Spark is right, instead of illustrations, they had full-colour renders of all the characters in the game in the intro section. Iirc the first book had 7 pages of them.

The only illustration I don't think I've seen around much online is the back of the second book. Here's a terrible pic I took in 2011 lol

dxip28.jpg

I guess if anyone wants a specific scene from those novels illustrated I could attempt it since BBS is my favorite game.

You should make a project of it :) I bet it would be a lot of fun!

So far I like all the novels I've made it through. Maybe if we get lucky, one day we'll get English editions from Yen Press. I appreciate the hard work done by KHEnglish, but it'd be nice to read an actual book just to stare at the coverart in higher quality than the scans.

I agree. (I'd love to be hired to do it 8D Especially since I am sure I could do a much better job today than I could back in 2009, oh my god).

If you just want to look at the cover art you can always buy the books! They are all available on amazon.jp.

You're like a little angel sent from translator heaven =3

Thank you <3

Larxy

Website
thekh.forumcommunity.net
I'm really looking forward for more translated Novels :redface:
Thanks to you, Goldpanner, I now have an entire section on my Forum dedicated to all my Italian translation of the KH Novels you translated first (of course I gave you the credits for it), and my Users often ask me when I will update it... unfortunately, I'm not studying Japanese so I can't translate the official ones, but I really hope you will continue with this awesome project!

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh hello!! Is it Lis? I remember those Italian translations, I always appreciated the polite way you asked me and the thorough job you did! I went and had a look on your forum and tried to read them with google translate ;) Congratulations on getting so many finished!

Thank you for your support <3 I have been working on the first BBS novel this week, so you can expect that to show up sometime soon. I will post a link in this thread when I do!

Larxy

Website
thekh.forumcommunity.net
No, I'm not Lis, but I think you're referring to a friend of mine who has an Italian KH Forum too :redface: We "work" separately on these translation but since we both love KH Novels, we often help each other with resources and stuff :cool:
Thanks to all the people who translate these Novels (but especially to you) I translated all the three Volumes of 358/2 Days, several chapters from KH2, almost all the Short Stories, some chapters from BBS, the Another Report, and I'm now currently translating some chapters from the DDD Novel and the Reverse Rebirth one :biggrin:

P.s. Can't wait for the BBS Novel!

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, I'm not Lis, but I think you're referring to a friend of mine who has an Italian KH Forum too :redface: We "work" separately on these translation but since we both love KH Novels, we often help each other with resources and stuff :cool:
Thanks to all the people who translate these Novels (but especially to you) I translated all the three Volumes of 358/2 Days, several chapters from KH2, almost all the Short Stories, some chapters from BBS, the Another Report, and I'm now currently translating some chapters from the DDD Novel and the Reverse Rebirth one :biggrin:

P.s. Can't wait for the BBS Novel!

Oh, sorry!! So you're not from XIII Order Forums? Come to think of it, I do only remember them having Reverse/Rebirth up. Where are yours, then? I'd love to put a link on my website or tweet about it :)

Wow!! You are such a powerhouse. I apologise for my oldest translations being so crappy. I'm sure they were difficult to work with D;

Larxy

Website
thekh.forumcommunity.net
Can I put the link here, then? :redface: Hope this is not considered as Spam!
Here's my Forum: click!

And don't worry about you're oldest translation! They weren't absolutely difficult to work with! :wink:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I have translated the juicy last chapter of KH3D: Side Sora, thanks to a generous commissioner! Enjoy Sora's inner thoughts as all the big reveals are made!

Just read through this, and I must say, I've got a new level of appreciation for the localization team's job on the dialogue, especially on anything that comes out of Xigbar's mouth. Still, it was nice to have some insight on Sora's thoughts during all of this, considering how this segment of the game was so mind-screwy. Great job as always, Goldpanner.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have translated the juicy last chapter of KH3D: Side Sora, thanks to a generous commissioner! Enjoy Sora's inner thoughts as all the big reveals are made!

This is something golden, especially since it more or less does away with the "Sora is stupid in DDD"-cliché since he obviously does think things over.

And again the novel apparently not only explains things better than the game, it also (at least for me) manages to incite even deeper feels and appreciation for the scenes themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back