• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shasta's Paradox Lounge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The color schemes on Chase are quite interesting. Don't get me wrong, I like bright colors. The shading is really impressive. Is the hair and eye color a permanent choice or is this just a loose based decision to get a feel of what would look best on Chase? I like both. I do like his outfit a lot. Just to ask, Chase's jacket isn't inspired a bit by Star Trek is it? Although, what I think is most interesting about this colored picture of Chase is the background. I almost feel like this is a display of art you'd see in a museum somewhere. ;3

Shasta

Awards
The color schemes on Chase are quite interesting. Don't get me wrong, I like bright colors. The shading is really impressive. Is the hair and eye color a permanent choice or is this just a loose based decision to get a feel of what would look best on Chase? I like both. I do like his outfit a lot. Just to ask, Chase's jacket isn't inspired a bit by Star Trek is it? Although, what I think is most interesting about this colored picture of Chase is the background. I almost feel like this is a display of art you'd see in a museum somewhere. ;3
The style his hair is here is just how I drew him because in the second arc of Paradox, everyone is slightly older, and he and Shasta have joined up with the military unit, so I just drew his hair longer for that. It's kinda cool because when I first created him, this is pretty much how his hairstyle was to begin with, but I changed it for reasons I don't even know. His eyes have always been green though, I rarely draw him, or show him off so that may be the reason you asked. There's no real inspiration behind his jacket, I just wanted the design to be in line with the one I drew for Shasta, I posted it somewhere here some pages earlier. The background? Oh, that just came up from me wanting to try out new techniques, such as heavy shading, and I didn't want the entire background to be black..but then again, the entire picture needs to be cleaned up quite a bit.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Gram

Banned
Awards
Really liking the arc 2 version of Shasta. The older look seems to suit him rather well for some reason.
Also lovin the unnamed one as well and a bit random but I like their necklaces. They're unique.

Both of their left eyes seems weird somehow.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I'm happy to gaze upon your artwork again~
The left side eyes are probly off a bit cuz they need to be a bit closer, and the right side should be slightly larger for distance effect. But I feel like a monster for critiquing this, so...Carry on, chap!!!

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I really love your Chase drawing, it's probably my favourite drawing by you. Those shadows and that pose work really well.

As others have said before me, you need to work on your eyes and your Shasta drawing from the previous page also has this problem. Though I understand the pain of trying to get two eyes to be the same. XD

But I feel like a monster for critiquing this, so...Carry on, chap!!!
You shouldn't feel like that, critiquing can be a good thing that helps the artist get better. So really, you should continue critiquing as much as you like unless the artist says otherwise. Just don't be brutal in your critiques cause everybody needs a little love~

Shasta

Awards
Really liking the arc 2 version of Shasta. The older look seems to suit him rather well for some reason.
Also lovin the unnamed one as well and a bit random but I like their necklaces. They're unique.

Both of their left eyes seems weird somehow.
I've been wanting to bring out this design for Shasta for quite a while, seriously, lol I've had the design for that particular set of clothing for a little over 3 years now, it just never fit his original facial design. Glad I could bring it out for both plot and aesthetic purposes. The necklaces are just something I like drawing.

I'm happy to gaze upon your artwork again~
The left side eyes are probly off a bit cuz they need to be a bit closer, and the right side should be slightly larger for distance effect. But I feel like a monster for critiquing this, so...Carry on, chap!!!
I'm happy to see you replying in this thread again! Indeed, I'm working on a slightly different style for drawing eyes, so I'm trying my best to get it as close to I can to what I want. In no time flat, I'll have my eyes even on both sides ;), I do still need to work on it though, because I have a history of my eyes not lining up perfectly. Haha, you don't have to worry about critiquing me, I'd rather have you be honest about your opinion than letting your emotions leek in and not tell me how to improve on something!

I really love your Chase drawing, it's probably my favourite drawing by you. Those shadows and that pose work really well.

As others have said before me, you need to work on your eyes and your Shasta drawing from the previous page also has this problem. Though I understand the pain of trying to get two eyes to be the same. XD
Eye consistency seems to be a recurring issue in my "portrait" drawings, I will try my best to correct it in the time coming, because it does seem to be a weak point in some of my drawings.

Yay, the gang's all here! Seriously, it makes me happy to see this thread at least becoming as active as it used to be! I missed the lot of you. Per usual, with every post, I have adequate drawings to post.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Wow! I love the hairstyle of the first one. Kinda reminds me of a news reporter who works in my state.

The second one has a really deep look. Not sure if it's the lack of those extra circles in the eyes that make it that way or not, but the gaze is very clear. I zoomed in on just the eyes, and it looks fantastic close-up, too!

The third is amazing, everything is so well-proportioned! I'm in a very Mega Man-oriented state of mind right now, and since this sorta reminds me of it...definitely my fave~

The 4th has a very realistic face. The nose and lips are so well done, and the hair is cool. Overall it looks like the portrait of a living person~

Shasta

Awards
Wow! I love the hairstyle of the first one. Kinda reminds me of a news reporter who works in my state.

The second one has a really deep look. Not sure if it's the lack of those extra circles in the eyes that make it that way or not, but the gaze is very clear. I zoomed in on just the eyes, and it looks fantastic close-up, too!

The third is amazing, everything is so well-proportioned! I'm in a very Mega Man-oriented state of mind right now, and since this sorta reminds me of it...definitely my fave~

The 4th has a very realistic face. The nose and lips are so well done, and the hair is cool. Overall it looks like the portrait of a living person~
Haha ty, and as for the 4th drawing, it actually is of a living person, I took a picture of her and just drew away. My proportions when drawing real people and what I think up are two very different things lol. I actually give them more realistic proportions.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Really lovin the unnamed girl you keep drawing, don't know what it is but something about the design or face maybe just give off the feel she could be an interesting character.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I like unnamed girl two. I like the deep distress expression on her face. I like how close up it is on her and the style of her hair is stunning. I'd love to see more of her featured in your future drawings. <3

Does your friend like to cosplay? I got that impression based on her outfit. [I haven't seen a dress (guessing its a dress,) like that before.] I think her whole entire body structure and hair is outstanding. I kind of see your style of drawing in her eyes. On the other hand the nose, the mouth and mole look realistic. Its impressive to see you've surpassed your own style on lips and noses.

Those two are my top favorites.

Shasta

Awards
Really lovin the unnamed girl you keep drawing, don't know what it is but something about the design or face maybe just give off the feel she could be an interesting character.
You'd be surprised how everything I draw is connected to something important eventually.

I like unnamed girl two. I like the deep distress expression on her face. I like how close up it is on her and the style of her hair is stunning. I'd love to see more of her featured in your future drawings. <3

Does your friend like to cosplay? I got that impression based on her outfit. [I haven't seen a dress (guessing its a dress,) like that before.] I think her whole entire body structure and hair is outstanding. I kind of see your style of drawing in her eyes. On the other hand the nose, the mouth and mole look realistic. Its impressive to see you've surpassed your own style on lips and noses.

Those two are my top favorites.
I'll be sure you will see more of her in the future.

As for my friend, yes, she'll actually be cosplaying for the first time next year. In fact, she'll be cosplaying as Summoner Yuna from FFX, and thank you, hah, I tend to do things differently a little when drawing a real person.

Here is a familiar face!
I haven't drawn Rhapsody in a while, so I took today to do just that.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Haha, you may have done it on purpose, but the eye on the right side of the picture looks rather good with its positioning and size!
I totally dig the arm warmers and the smooth clothing, too. A very nice overall look, and the hair is AWESOME, as always~

Shasta

Awards
Haha, you may have done it on purpose, but the eye on the right side of the picture looks rather good with its positioning and size!
I totally dig the arm warmers and the smooth clothing, too. A very nice overall look, and the hair is AWESOME, as always~
I don't get why I always quote the person above me, force of habit I suppose.

Lulz, hair is a very integral part of aesthetic design <3

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I don't get why I always quote the person above me, force of habit I suppose.

Lulz, hair is a very integral part of aesthetic design <3
Should we all do it? X' D

Nah, I'll only cramp your style this once~ I'm usually too lazy to quote and just do an "@" symbol. Especially if I'm replying to multiple people. But I quote when I wanna use someone else's words to get a point across. It's good you use it in your Lounge. Since this is kinda like your Journal, it shows that you took the time to read what was said and are replying directly to the people.
You may not use it for those reasons, but I feel like that's how a lot of people see it.

Shasta

Awards
Should we all do it? X' D

Nah, I'll only cramp your style this once~ I'm usually too lazy to quote and just do an "@" symbol. Especially if I'm replying to multiple people. But I quote when I wanna use someone else's words to get a point across. It's good you use it in your Lounge. Since this is kinda like your Journal, it shows that you took the time to read what was said and are replying directly to the people.
You may not use it for those reasons, but I feel like that's how a lot of people see it.
Well yeah, I do read everyone's comments and respond to them as best as I can. I also respond to everything as fast as I can lol, I value everyone that visits here and comments, cause no one has to reply or critique, so I do enjoy everyone's company. This is a Lounge after all, you should feel relaxed >:3

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Rhapsody is such a beautiful woman. I really like how you drew her headphones the most. I haven't seen headphones drawn so well before. They're gorgeous. I'm actually kind of curious what color her necklace would happen to be like. I don't mind her eyes being drawn slightly off because, I can't really tell all that much. Another thing I happen to really like about Rhapsody design is her hair. I really hope one day you color her in. I imagine she'd be quite beautiful and stunning in real life or in an animation form.

Shasta

Awards
That's really odd how it shows there are 42 pages in the thread but only 41 are accessible to me. Maybe it's just a glitch, idk. Edit: Well it seems that immediately after I made this post, I was able to actually see page 42, which is weird since this is the exact same page that showed up when I had issues on page 41 even though this is page 42.

Rhapsody is such a beautiful woman. I really like how you drew her headphones the most. I haven't seen headphones drawn so well before. They're gorgeous. I'm actually kind of curious what color her necklace would happen to be like. I don't mind her eyes being drawn slightly off because, I can't really tell all that much. Another thing I happen to really like about Rhapsody design is her hair. I really hope one day you color her in. I imagine she'd be quite beautiful and stunning in real life or in an animation form.
I'll probably have the same color scheme that I have for Shasta's necklace, for Rhapsody's. I made them basically identical as a sort of symbolism. Here is her hair and facial scheme I did back during the end of 2013
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I might actually do a sort of realistic drawing of her someday, depending on how I feel about it.

I've been working on a few drawings lately, and I really decided to get down to drawing Sky again, I've been really taking a break from him lately. So he's going to be in this little mix of drawings I've done in the past few days!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, since I really don't want to make a thread for my various attempts at voice acting, I'll just post this up. It's just a little fun, unscripted voice demo of Shadow and Sonic being really odd. The audio was recorded with my phone, so next time I actually record, I'll do it with my Turtle Beaches, and next time I'll actually write a script so I won't sound so unprofessional...and Mike Pollock actually told me to do that in the next recording I did (which was this one but I forgot about it now I have to make another one cause he asked to review the next one I made >.<)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Awards
The colored picture reminds me of Pokemon-styled drawings. It's probably the eyes. I like it a lot!

"Compared to humans - we're like - really SHORT!" X'D (I almost cried laughing at that part.)
Don't promise me Chaos Emeralds and then not deliver, Shadow!

Shasta

Awards
The colored picture reminds me of Pokemon-styled drawings. It's probably the eyes. I like it a lot!

"Compared to humans - we're like - really SHORT!" X'D (I almost cried laughing at that part.)
Don't promise me Chaos Emeralds and then not deliver, Shadow!
I was directly mimicking Ken Sugimori's style. I can mimic styles really well actually.

In Shadow Voice: First I have to find that DAMNED fourth chaos emerald!

Gram

Banned
Awards
I like the bottom images of both Shasta and Sky. The bottom Sky drawing is the best shown today I think. =D His expression shows a bit of confidence and/or taunting.
Also his outfit is both simple yet original, the best combo~

Sadly my i-net won't let me see your voice acting. =[

Back