• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Hemlock Grove

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Hemlock Grove is a horror/thriller genre Netflix Original series and boasts stars such as Famke Janssen and Bill Skarsgard (younger brother to Alexander Skarsgard).

Synopsis from Wiki:

"The series is set in the town of Hemlock Grove, Pennsylvania. The town is a mixture of extreme wealth and poverty, as the closing of the town's steel mill many years earlier caused many to lose their jobs. The town's main sources of employment are now the Godfrey Institute for Biomedical Technologies and Hemlock Acres Hospital. Heading the Institute - which is rumored to conduct sinister experiments on a daily basis - is the imposing Olivia Godfrey (Famke Janssen), while Hemlock Acres' lead psychiatrist is Olivia's dead husband's brother, Dr. Norman Godfrey (Dougray Scott).

As season one opens, the town's rumor mill turns even more twisted, as two teenage girls are brutally killed and their bodies left for unsuspecting people to find the next day. Peter Rumancek (Landon Liboiron) a 17-year-old roma boy, is suspected of the crimes by some of the townsfolk; he is also rumored to be a werewolf. While secretly he is a werewolf, he is not the killer, and, along with the heir to the Godfrey estate, the troubled Roman Godfrey (Bill Skarsgård), he sets out to solve the mystery.

Rounding out the main cast of characters of the first season are Norman's daughter and Roman's cousin, the beautiful, pregnant, Letha Godfrey (Penelope Mitchell) who claims the father of her unborn child is an angel from Heaven, and Christina Wendall (Freya Tingley), a lonely girl who becomes interested in Peter."

The show's pretty good, it's a drama kind of thriller steeped with alternate mythologies (Rroma werewolves, Serbian vampires) and entertains a host of interesting characters including several sociopaths, spies, fortune tellers, and byproducts of experimental science. Season 2 was just released on Netflix 3 days ago.

Does anyone watch? Sorry if there's already a thread.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
I watched the first season when it first came to netflix. It's a good show, imo. Didn't expect the finale and the choice of the killer...but I mean the rest of the finale was kinda like, "oh-what-the-fuc-"

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I literally just marathoned season 1 over the course of a few days and I just finished watching episode 1 of season 2.

It actually has exceeded my expectations in a Supernatural show. There are a lot of things I didn't see happening until they were just about to be revealed. I imagine that I'll be done with season 2 pretty quickly.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I watched the first season when it first came to netflix. It's a good show, imo. Didn't expect the finale and the choice of the killer...but I mean the rest of the finale was kinda like, "oh-what-the-fuc-"

I think I actually accidentally spoiled myself on the killer's identity. It was sad that it was who it was. That person seemed like such a lost cause and making them the vargulf seemed like a really heavy blow. Are you going to watch season 2? I think I'm 4/5 episodes in and the substance is still building up but one of the places I feel this show could really improve is in its diversity of characters. I mean, there's two Black characters and one Asian character? And the actors they use for the Rroma aren't actually Rroma? So. IDK. Less carbon cut-out quirky white girls, please.

I literally just marathoned season 1 over the course of a few days and I just finished watching episode 1 of season 2.

It actually has exceeded my expectations in a Supernatural show. There are a lot of things I didn't see happening until they were just about to be revealed. I imagine that I'll be done with season 2 pretty quickly.

Hemlock Grove is a pretty good show, but one of the other issues I had were that the show seems to not explain itself very well. I mean, it's great to keep you hanging and wondering just what is going on, but at times it seems to lack a little direction and as a result I was often left confused--i.e. why Peter and Roman were suddenly having the same prophetic dreams and whatnot. I hope they address that, or maybe they already did but I missed it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Hemlock Grove is a pretty good show, but one of the other issues I had were that the show seems to not explain itself very well. I mean, it's great to keep you hanging and wondering just what is going on, but at times it seems to lack a little direction and as a result I was often left confused--i.e. why Peter and Roman were suddenly having the same prophetic dreams and whatnot. I hope they address that, or maybe they already did but I missed it.
I think what I'm really disappointed by is how the cliffhangers from season 1, Sheriff building the bomb, Christine not being dead because they didn't chop off the head, being brushed off quickly in season 2 (I'm sure this is because the actors decided not to return) was definitely underwhelming.

I finished episode 5 last night and they haven't explained it yet so I hope they do later on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back