• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy Explorers - January 2016 in NA & EU

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy Explorers (Online Multiplayer RPG for 3DS!)

Not sure how you would want this to be a Bravely Default spin-off when this isn't even made by the same developer that made BDFF.

Bravely Default is a Square Enix IP.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Bravely Default is a Square Enix IP.

So? It's made by Silicon Studio. They aren't making this game, so it shouldn't have the name.

That's like if a new action RPG came out that vaguely reminded you of Drakengard but had absolutely nothing to do with Drakengard. "It should be a Drakengard spin-off" doesn't work.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Guess what? It's not developed by the usual Final Fantasy team either. It's a spin-off. It doesn't have to be developed by the "main" team behind whatever IP it's using to generate more interest/sales. That's kind of the point. You think that the same people who did Super Mario Galaxy made Yoshi's Wooly World and Luigi's Mansion? Or that Game Freak developed the Mystery Dungeon games? I was suggesting Square Enix could have taken the opportunity to build upon the Bravely Default IP by slap it onto this game instead of using Final Fantasy, again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Guess what? It's not developed by the usual Final Fantasy team either. It's a spin-off. It doesn't have to be developed by the "main" team behind whatever IP it's using to generate more interest/sales. That's kind of the point. You think that the same people who did Super Mario Galaxy made Yoshi's Wooly World and Luigi's Mansion? Or that Game Freak developed the Mystery Dungeon games? I was suggesting Square Enix could have taken the opportunity to build upon the Bravely Default IP by slap it onto this game instead of using Final Fantasy, again.

But they didn't, which means they clearly want people to think "Final Fantasy" when playing this game.

My point was not that. My point is that Silicon Studio makes Bravely Default, not Square Enix so it is technically their IP to do with what they please until SE stops giving them money.

I like how you gave me all Nintendo examples.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

to be fair, when i play bravely default i think "final fantasy" (even more so than when i play any of the newer ff's, actually)

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

No, it's not technically a Silicon Studio IP. It's a Square Enix IP, outsourced to Silicon Studio. Just like Mario Tennis and Mario Golf are owned by Nintendo despite being developed by Camelot.

My argument is that they could have used this opportunity to create a Bravely Default spin-off and your counter-argument is "but it's not the same developer!" and "but they didn't". Why thanks for pointing out the obvious! It's pretty irrelevant whether Silicon Studio is developing a Bravely Default game or not, especially one that's a spin-off. Again, those are typically not developed by the team behind the main games in the first place. Bravely Default is based on Final Fantasy. Literally. It's the sequel to The 4 Heroes of Light (not developed by Silicon Studio, fyi). It has a lot of elements from Final Fantasy in it and I think they could easily have synced the naming conventions in Explorers with Bravely Default, call it Bravely Explorers and people would not have noticed a difference.

(And really, I didn't plan on just make comparisons with Nintendo games, but they're well know so they do make good examples).

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Can't wait to see a trailer for this game. It will be interesting to see a class based Final Fantasy that plays as an action rpg. Here's hoping all my favorite classes are in it.

No, it's not technically a Silicon Studio IP. It's a Square Enix IP, outsourced to Silicon Studio. Just like Mario Tennis and Mario Golf are owned by Nintendo despite being developed by Camelot.

My argument is that they could have used this opportunity to create a Bravely Default spin-off and your counter-argument is "but it's not the same developer!" and "but they didn't". Why thanks for pointing out the obvious! It's pretty irrelevant whether Silicon Studio is developing a Bravely Default game or not, especially one that's a spin-off. Again, those are typically not developed by the team behind the main games in the first place. Bravely Default is based on Final Fantasy. Literally. It's the sequel to The 4 Heroes of Light (not developed by Silicon Studio, fyi). It has a lot of elements from Final Fantasy in it and I think they could easily have synced the naming conventions in Explorers with Bravely Default, call it Bravely Explorers and people would not have noticed a difference.

(And really, I didn't plan on just make comparisons with Nintendo games, but they're well know so they do make good examples).

I really don't see why giving it the Bravely Default name would have made more sense. The Final Fantasy title has been synonymous with JRPG for generations. Even with the franchise's recent reputation, I'm sure the game would still sell better with Final Fantasy in its title.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Haha, I was right about it being Itahana! (says everybody who could tell)

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

seems like gen kobayashi is doing a lot of the character art on the website an stuf

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Man that looks like so much fun.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

I look forward to playing it on iOS in 2 years.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Probably because the job system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back