• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KHI FAQ 2.0

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
KHI FAQ

1. What does FAQ stand for?
Answer: Frequently Asked Questions.

2. Does all Fan-Fiction have to be Kingdom Hearts related?
Answer: No.

3. Where can I request someone to critique my stories?
Answer: special-attention-starving-writers

4. If I use a weapon from ___ does that make it a fanfic?
Answer: Yes.

5. If I use a weapon for reference from ___ does that make it a fanfic?
Answer: No.

6. What's the difference between Fan-Fiction & General Writing?

Answer:

Fanfiction is fiction based off of something made by someone else.

General Writing is something of your own creation.

7. What's a One-Shot?
Answer: A short story with a beginning, a middle and an end.

8. Can there be more than "one"?

9. What's a Creepy Pasta?
Answer: A scary story that can be either original or fiction.
*Please keep it at PG-13 level.

10. What's a Lemon?
Answer: Well, duh, it's yellow and tastes sour. xD
Real Answer: It is when two characters get intimate together.

11. Can I write a Lemon?
Requirements: Can't go above PG-13. Must be put into a spoiler box.

*Please show it to me first for approval through via pm.

12. What does OC mean?
Answer: Original Character.

13. What does OOC mean?
Answer: Out of Character

14. What's a Cross over?
Answer: A cross over can be between two fictional universes colliding together.

15. If I write a cross over with my OC, does it make a fanfic?

16. What does Indent mean?
Answer: You put spaces between each paragraph instead of making it into one giant wall of text.

*I'll provide an example shortly.

17. What does R&R mean?
Answer: Read and Review.

18. How long should I wait for someone to R&R?
Answer: I'd give it a couple of days. Otherwise, Private Message or Visitor Message me, and I'll read it. :D

19. Can I double post?
Answer: Yes. If you're discussing the story or uploading a new chapter.

20. If you don't know if your piece of writing is acceptable for this section, then PM aka private message me about it.

---​

If you have a question, feel free to ask it here. I'll do my best to provide an answer. C:

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Okay, I have something to ask: what is the best way to write/type stories on? Is it on Notepad, Word-pad or what? I'm wanting to start my Chapters, but I'm not sure which is best to do that. :/

Please help out! c:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I used to use Microsoft Word to write my chapters out and I had them under my documents. But, to each their own. I have trouble with Notepad and Wordpad, because I don't see the number of words that I have written and it's really hard for me to keep on topic without the lack of spellcheck.

Noel

Awards
Okay, I have something to ask: what is the best way to write/type stories on? Is it on Notepad, Word-pad or what? I'm wanting to start my Chapters, but I'm not sure which is best to do that. :/

Please help out! c:

Microsoft Word. It's more uve' a standard. If you don't have Microsoft Office software on your computer and you don't want to buy a cd. There is OpenOffice. It's exactly like Microsoft, but free. You can also save it in different file types. (Microsoft word, or even a Mac word thing). It also even includes PowerPoint and other programs.

I used to use Microsoft Word to write my chapters out and I had them under my documents. But, to each their own. I have trouble with Notepad and Wordpad, because I don't see the number of words that I have written and it's really hard for me to keep on topic without the lack of spellcheck.

Notepad and Wordpad are generally just used for notes, their name kind uve' implies it.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Microsoft Word. It's more uve' a standard. If you don't have Microsoft Office software on your computer and you don't want to buy a cd. There is OpenOffice. It's exactly like Microsoft, but free. You can also save it in different file types. (Microsoft word, or even a Mac word thing). It also even includes PowerPoint and other programs.

Notepad and Wordpad are generally just used for notes, their name kind uve' implies it.

I see.. Thank you!

I don't really have Microsoft Word installed, but I suppose I'll figure it out.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
Sorry guys, I'm new here. Mine is not exactly a story. It's rather an imagined installment of the Kingdom Hearts series. It only describes the overall story and introduces the battle system. Is it allowed to be submitted, or is there another better entry?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Sorry guys, I'm new here. Mine is not exactly a story. It's rather an imagined installment of the Kingdom Hearts series. It only describes the overall story and introduces the battle system. Is it allowed to be submitted, or is there another better entry?

I'd suggest sending it to me first, since the word "battle system" sounds like something you'd see in an role-play. I have no problem with the overall story half though. C:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
^ I'm going to assume this was a statement and not so much a question. Am I right? :3

.:Mega:.

Awards
Question. I'd like to go back to updating my old story topic. However, the fic is very long, and I have more than ten chapters that I would need to post... as well as its forty-some chapter sequel. Are we allowed to post links at all? I could always start posting new comments on the forum proper after that. If not, I suppose I can just grin and bear with it and hope that my word docs don't get screwy formatting.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Question. I'd like to go back to updating my old story topic. However, the fic is very long, and I have more than ten chapters that I would need to post... as well as its forty-some chapter sequel. Are we allowed to post links at all? I could always start posting new comments on the forum proper after that. If not, I suppose I can just grin and bear with it and hope that my word docs don't get screwy formatting.

You're welcome to post links, Mega. c: Whatever helps you update your story best is up to you. I'll be reading it shortly and I look forward to the sequel. So however you choose to go about updating it is positively fine.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Instead of uploading the full text into a threat, could a simple link be provided with the overall description of the story? And a new post made for each updated chapter? It seems like it would make it easier both for me to share and for others to simply read it in a new tab through the link but I want to be 100% sure this is permissible.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Instead of uploading the full text into a threat, could a simple link be provided with the overall description of the story? And a new post made for each updated chapter? It seems like it would make it easier both for me to share and for others to simply read it in a new tab through the link but I want to be 100% sure this is permissible.

Yes, you're allowed to do that. :) I look forward to reading the story you want to share.

Muke

whatever
Awards
How many words should one chapter have? ^^

Edit:

And is "p*ss off" okay to use?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
How many words should one chapter have? ^^

Edit:

And is "p*ss off" okay to use?

You can make your first chapter as long or short as you like. :D

Yes, you can say 'piss off' in any story you write. Including some swear words and whatnot. It's normal. And totally up to you, if you ever want to censor yourself or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back