• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Monolith Soft (Xenoblade Chronicles thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I've been missing this game a lot lately, maybe it's time to bust it out and play through it again...

It's probably the best Wii game out there in my opinion.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
It's worth it's price and beyond. One of my favorite RPGs ever, and I haven't even finished it. xD

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
xcx being written by soraya saga

saga don't diddly around

day -1

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So I'm thinking of finding this at a Gamestop nearby (the site said there were copies all over my city) or in some other form. Anyone care to persuade to purchase this or not? I've only heard good things about this
The game is ridiculously expensive on Amazon due to its limited printing, so you should really grab it while it's available.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
The game is ridiculously expensive on Amazon due to its limited printing, so you should really grab it while it's available.

Well I did, found it at GameStop. It's condition almost feels like it's brand new even though it's marked used (like they all are). At $40 I'll say it was a steal, compared to other prices I've seen online.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well I did, found it at GameStop. It's condition almost feels like it's brand new even though it's marked used (like they all are). At $40 I'll say it was a steal, compared to other prices I've seen online.
Awesome! It's such a strongly desired game that even if you don't end up loving it - though I would be surprised if this were the case - you've made a good investment and can sell it online for a good profit.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Awesome! It's such a strongly desired game that even if you don't end up loving it - though I would be surprised if this were the case - you've made a good investment and can sell it online for a good profit.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I watched some videos of trailers and gameplay on youtube and it certainly seemed intriguing, and the battle system looked great, so I can't really see myself not ending up liking it

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
That's exactly what I was thinking. I watched some videos of trailers and gameplay on youtube and it certainly seemed intriguing, and the battle system looked great, so I can't really see myself not ending up liking it

Some tips: Dont limit yourself to shulk. You're gonna get some really interesting and unique party members. Have fun playing with party composition. Also at some point cait Sith will join your party. He is BAD ASS! Many people make the mistake of passing him up but he can wreck shit & is my 2nd favorite character to play as.

Tip #2 their are around 400 sidequests. Do not feel the need to do them all. You'll be burnt out before the game even begins.

That's Bout it for tips man have fun & enjoy Bionis!

FacetiousDreamer

Despite the fact that I don’t particularly like games with huge open worlds, this one was a must have for me because of Tetsuya Takahashi, who is my favorite game scriptwriter. I was expecting a good game with a solid story; instead, I got the game that is simply a pinnacle of RPG genre. Not only a wiz-bang story, but deep battle system, unique, diverse and colorful world filled with well designed animals and enemies, exceptionally soulful, memorable music and complex characters made me to fall in love with Xenoblade Chronicles. Every RPG-player out there should try this extraordinary game, can’t think of a single reason why not to.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Lorithia is a beezy and YOU KNOW IT.

I didn't play this on the Wii, but I am still playing this game on the 3DS. SUPERB GAME. Picking up a Wii U just for Xenoblade Chronicles X might be worth it. Anyone stoked it's coming out on December 4th?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So yeah tomorrow is December 4th! Where is this hype train?

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
So yeah tomorrow is December 4th! Where is this hype train?

Good question, for a forum based off of RPGs & SE properties specifically, the hype for a title like Xenoblade Chronicles X (made by former Squaresoft staff) has been almost non existant. I picked my copy up on release & got 2 Skells(mechs) last night. The exploration & mecha combat in the familiar JRPG/MMO command based battle system has been exactly what I've wanted out of FF for years.(well maybe not so much the mecha but definitely the freedom to explore a wide open world with a command based battle system with battles taking place in the Overworld with no transitions) This is quite honestly the game Square should have given us years ago. (Yes I know FFXII is a thing but I don't consider it good, also the zone transitions somewhat kill the feel of an open world.

Anagram

Banned
Had this game a few days now and....I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. haha There's so much to take in I feel a bit lost. Have no idea the hell I'm doing....

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
This game is sold out everywhere I've looked but I definitely do want it, I'm just wondering whether I should play the first one on Wii first, I know they're standalone but still. I've had the first one sitting around for years since I'm not able to play many open world games as I'd like to anymore.

Anagram

Banned
^ Good lucky finding the first one for wii. It's rare or if found outrageously priced.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
^ Good lucky finding the first one for wii. It's rare or if found outrageously priced.

Oh guess I wasn't clear, I already own the Wii Xenoblade, it's just been sitting around since I'm never able to find much time to play many big open world games. So I'm wondering whether to play this first or get X for the Wii U and play that first.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
From what I've heard, the first one had a better focus on story, while X focused a bit more on gameplay and everything else. I know Monolift has said that they'd want to go back to focusing on story again if they made a first one.

This also reminds me I still have the Last Story to play through haha

Anagram

Banned
I didn't finish the first one so I haven't noticed. xD *hatedthefirst*
I gotta admit though I feel completely overwhelmed by all the stuff to do in the WiiU one. Have no idea what the hell I'm doing. haha =__=

Back