• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Ask-a-Mod Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Status of Graphics Shops?

Hey all just wondering what the status is on the Graphics Shops, whether they are still open or workers are on vacation. I never expect requests to be done next day I just find it surprising that there is little to none activity in that section. My desire for my request aside I am sure others are wondering the same thing so if anyone could just leave a general statement on the status of the shops it would help clear up the thoughts in everyone's minds.

Thanks

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
When you have any questions like this please post them in the Ask-a-Mod Thread instead of making a new thread! That allows moderators to answer your question more quickly as they check this thread frequently.

The thread you requested a graphic from is run (currently) by two of our moderators so I can assure you that your request will be completed. It's only been a few days since you made a request and because this is all voluntary work and art is not done quickly, sometimes some requests will take a little longer than others. Especially if they're being done by staff who also have other commitments. Please be understanding of this.

The Graphics Shop section has definitely quieted down over the past few years but we try to close all inactive threads so requests aren't abandoned. Sometimes artists are on hiatus and we leave them open until the future of the shop has been confirmed one way or the other. Always check the date of the last post to be sure that you're still requesting things in an active thread! Hopefully this clears things up for you. c:

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
When you have any questions like this please post them in the Ask-a-Mod Thread instead of making a new thread! That allows moderators to answer your question more quickly as they check this thread frequently.

The thread you requested a graphic from is run (currently) by two of our moderators so I can assure you that your request will be completed. It's only been a few days since you made a request and because this is all voluntary work and art is not done quickly, sometimes some requests will take a little longer than others. Especially if they're being done by staff who also have other commitments. Please be understanding of this.

The Graphics Shop section has definitely quieted down over the past few years but we try to close all inactive threads so requests aren't abandoned. Sometimes artists are on hiatus and we leave them open until the future of the shop has been confirmed one way or the other. Always check the date of the last post to be sure that you're still requesting things in an active thread! Hopefully this clears things up for you. c:

oh please don't misunderstand I not being impatient I was just curious as generally there is little activity in that section. I am accustomed to things taking their time to complete I know people have lives and respect that =]

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
oh please don't misunderstand I not being impatient I was just curious as generally there is little activity in that section. I am accustomed to things taking their time to complete I know people have lives and respect that =]
Graphics Shops aren't as popular as they were a few years ago. People edit/make their own avatars and sigs a lot of the time, or artists don't have the time to dedicate to making graphics for other people.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I can't remember the last time I saw a bot posting stuff. Are you guys just prowling the forums deleting them 24/7 like a robot Batman or have they just stopped posting?

This isn't a complaint. lol I was just curious.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I can't remember the last time I saw a bot posting stuff. Are you guys just prowling the forums deleting them 24/7 like a robot Batman or have they just stopped posting?

This isn't a complaint. lol I was just curious.

That's the thing! :D

Bot posts are automatically set to moderation, which hides them from regular members so you guys won't be inconvenienced while we clean up after them.

Disclosure

Trying to sort out my profile before I start posting. Noticed I can't upload images to my signature because Allow BB Image Code is set to "No", but I have also noticed that other people have images in their signature. Is this just because I am a new member and when will it change or is there an issue?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Trying to sort out my profile before I start posting. Noticed I can't upload images to my signature because Allow BB Image Code is set to "No", but I have also noticed that other people have images in their signature. Is this just because I am a new member and when will it change or is there an issue?
We have restrictions on member accounts with less than 10 posts. Once you make 10 posts, you have none of those restrictions.

But I've changed your usergroup settings so you should now be able to upload a signature with no problem.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
i had written a nice sentiment, on my profile, as a farewell to my friends only

it's gone now. why?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
i had written a nice sentiment, on my profile, as a farewell to my friends only

it's gone now. why?
Could have been a hiccup on the forums. Have you tried putting it back on?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
How do I post a comment that has less than 25 characters?

You're not really supposed to, which is why we have the limit. The limit is in place to prevent frivolous posting, though it occasionally gets by passed anyway.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
You're not really supposed to, which is why we have the limit. The limit is in place to prevent frivolous posting, though it occasionally gets by passed anyway.
I figured it was that. I asked because I was recently on a Forum Game were you give only one word, and everyone else there was doing just that. So how come they can do it but I can't?

D

Deleted member 36435

There are methods that people are aware of to bypass it. However, you're not supposed to bypass so if I remember correctly the staff discourages it from being made public information.

Since you aren't aware of these methods you can not bypass the limit, however, other people may be aware and therefor can post with "less" than 25 characters.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
There are methods that people are aware of to bypass it. However, you're not supposed to bypass so if I remember correctly the staff discourages it from being made public information.Since you aren't aware of these methods you can not bypass the limit, however, other people may be aware and therefor can post with "less" than 25 characters.
Okay. Thanks....And now I did something stupid. I had the notification about the limit pop up and I clicked for it to stop notifying me and now when I reply or simply edit, it goes to a new page instead of having a text box show underneath the comment. And for some reason I don't have the other options anymore(make text small, add pictures, etc.) even though I have the Message Editor Interface at Enhanced like it has always been. I have no idea why clicking that thing would cause that, and now I feel like an idiot.EDIT: Nor can I separate paragraphs anymore. *cries*

EDIT: Ignore that. Everything seems to be fine now.

Last edited:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Something weird happened when I tried to put spoiler tags on a gif and type text below it. I had the gif centered and the text below it, but for some reason the preview showed that I had one spoiler tag for the gif, and one for the text. It added a "[/spoiler]" after the gif after I previewed the post. I was forced to use "" for the text because I couldn't fit it in the spoiler tag. Was it just me or just some glitch on the forums?

Back