• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Original Soundtrack Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX is releasing in Japan on October 2nd and in North America on December 2nd, and with it the first taste of the newly remastered music tracks that will be featured in the game collection. Arranged by Series Composer Yoko Shimomura, these tracks from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded will be available to purchase soon as a special Bluray album celebrating the music of Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-

The album has yet to be given a price or a date, but it will also available in a bundle with Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- in Japan. This will be priced at 14,000 yen (Roughly $140 USD).

Update (6/6/2014): The official Square Enix Music twitter also confirmed that a Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- Original Soundtrack is also in production alongside the the Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-

Kingdom Hearts Insider will be at E3 this year. You can tweet questions to us at KHInsider on Twitter or follow us on Tumblr & Facebook for all the latest E3 and Kingdom Hearts news. 

Missed any of the latest news? Catch up now!

Source: Square Enix Online, sem_sep via Twitter

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Is that a CD or Blu-ray Disc??

Bummed about the total omission of KH 1.5 - wtf??

btw, news overdose!!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
As of now though, the track is JPN exclusive? Also, is it only packaged with the game, as in it won't be sold separately? If the answers aren't known that's fine, I just hope it is at least released separately so I can import it :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
As of now though, the track is JPN exclusive? Also, is it only packaged with the game, as in it won't be sold separately? If the answers aren't known that's fine, I just hope it is at least released separately so I can import it :D
It will be sold separately.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Strange tactic, why not include the remixed Kingdom Hearts Soundtrack to give it an official release too?

Xagzan

Awards
Whoa, so am I misreading or does that imply she remixed the tracks from all three games?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Glad it's being released, but I still don't remember 1.5's soundtrack getting released. I tried searching for it just now, but pulled up nothing.

So the package deal with the game will be similar to FFX's blu-ray I'm thinking. With content being shown while playing?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh yeah, they're releasing 1.5 sometime later this year.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not sure why she'd rearrange BBS' tracks, since they were already recorded with real instruments.

Not all of them are recorded with live instruments. Most were a mix of live instruments and her super nifty synths.

A bunch of songs could do with a facelift, honesty. "Key of Light", "Future Masters", "Shaded Truths", and ugh "Xehanort" could absolutely be redone. And the stuff in Dwarf Woodlands...Really, as I'm listening to the OST they could redo pretty much every world-related song.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I hope Shimomura decides to redo Enchanted Dominion's battle music, because TETRIS! Dang, that was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard that particular part in the piece, and it has since become one of my favourite theme of the series.

And The Tumbling, too. It has a magical power that turns the battlefield into a dance floor.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Blu-Ray disc... Meaning you couldn't import it to a media player as MP3 files? =/

Also, why do we always miss out on OSTs everywhere else? I was very lucky to get Kingdom Hearts I and II's OSTs without having to order online. I've been pondering ordering BBS's OST for some time.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Blu-Ray disc... Meaning you couldn't import it to a media player as MP3 files? =/

Also, why do we always miss out on OSTs everywhere else? I was very lucky to get Kingdom Hearts I and II's OSTs without having to order online. I've been pondering ordering BBS's OST for some time.

I believe gave an option to export the tracks from the Blu-ray disc in mp3 form (or gave a redemption code) for FF X HD. I'm not sure cause- yeah, that was Japan only as well. Maybe they will do the same here.

Also... Blu-ray disc >>>> CD >>>>> MP3s

But if you really want the tracks, there are ways to export them from the disc and they will surely end up online.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
aaawww yeeaaah son. get hype--

Bluray album

U WOT M8
chansub-global-emoticon-680b6b3887ef0d17-21x28.png

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
You don't like high quality audio streaming through your PS3/PS4/XB1?

Somebody will rip the albums before you can even blink, so don't worry

I'm just worried bc this whole concept of a Blu-ray album is totally new to me, and I'm afraid people haven't figured out how to rip music from that.

but your statement is pretty reassuring, so I can rest easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back