• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The armor of Aqua, Terra, and Ventus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaxXxman

I'm not sure if it has been explained before but the armor pieces that tav wear in birth by sleep how did they get the armor? I know they were not masters when we first joined them but they had them any ideas or theories?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yes that's exactly it. It's something Eraqus does for his pupils as Eraqus's master did for him.
We know that because Xehanort stopped wearing his armor and Ven didn't gain the piece or Eraqus's crest until after he was adopted into Eraqus's tutelage.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As everybody has said, it is something Eraqus gives his students. They don't necessarily need to be masters to have armor. It was given to them to protect them from the Darkness.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yes that's exactly it. It's something Eraqus does for his pupils as Eraqus's master did for him.
We know that because Xehanort stopped wearing his armor and Ven didn't gain the piece or Eraqus's crest until after he was adopted into Eraqus's tutelage.
But where could he have gotten a piece of armor for Ventus? Did the Master's Keeper forge it? It unleashes chains, chains are used to protect or imprison something, so perhaps the Master's Keeper is more of a tool than a Keyblade.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Eraqus could have just had the armor laying around. Though the good fairies did make power-up clothes for Sora, so maybe Keyblade masters can create armor. (Though, yeah, they're fairies. They could make all sorts of stuff if they wanted to.)
As the colors of TVA's armor resemble their Keyblades color scheme. It's possible it was Ven's own Keyblade that made the armor.

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Like with the "X" shaped straps over the torso and Keyblade Gliders, armour seemes to be traditional of LoD. Where it comes from...*shrugs* iunno. It's just another one of those things I chalk up to "because magic". I presume that there are many secrets that come along with being the Successor of LoD and armour forging is one of them.

Or there is no proper explanation. When Nomura talked about the armour, he said he just wanted it to come out of a wearable circular device that the characters hit. It's one of those things that I don't think we'll ever get a full explanation for, and might completely function on "rule of cool".

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Who knows. We got an explanation for Organization XIII's cloak. Getting an explanation for the armor won't be nothing. But yeah, could be part of the Rule of Cool.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Who knows. We got an explanation for Organization XIII's cloak. Getting an explanation for the armor won't be nothing. But yeah, could be part of the Rule of Cool.

Did we other than "it was just something Xehanort was into"?

I mean, aside from the technical aspects of what they do we aren't more sure of how they're made than how the armor was made.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I wouldn't mind an explanation for keyblade armour either. It's an interesting concept and I would like to know more about its origins.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think the armour needs any more explanation than what we have right now unless it's going to play a bigger part in the future, which I can't see happening either. By way of significance armour is trivial and while interesting, background information about it is not substantial. We already know what it does, which is to protect the wearer from the corrosive forces of darkness, and that's about everything that's important regarding those suits of armour.

Not everything in the series needs to be elaborated on anyway, and it's not like they don't have other more significant aspects and topics about which explanations are overdue.

MegaxXxman

I ask because how is it that we haven't seen any type of armor from anyone else even though its possible to make how is it that its never even been mentioned by anybody else in kingdom hearts?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I ask because how is it that we haven't seen any type of armor from anyone else even though its possible to make how is it that its never even been mentioned by anybody else in kingdom hearts?

Because it's been shown to be linked to a very specific line of tutelage. Who else would we have heard it from before Birth by Sleep? Everyone who knew Eraqus was gone or retired.

Ruran

Awards
Because it's been shown to be linked to a very specific line of tutelage. Who else would we have heard it from before Birth by Sleep? Everyone who knew Eraqus was gone or retired.

^
Like I mentioned before, armor seems to be an LoD exclusive thing. It hasn't been stated outright, but it's been implied that certain "schools" have their own traditions depending on what they align with.

LoD traditionally seems to be more of a general/offensive/light oriented school so they use armour and Gliders.

Yen Sid/Mysterious Tower is more about magic and balance, so to get around, Yen Sid had a raw gummi piece around-the star shard.

Master Xehanort is darkness and offensive aligned so he provides the Dark Suit.

Most old masters just have their own thing going on depending on how their "school" works.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^
Like I mentioned before, armor seems to be an LoD exclusive thing. It hasn't been stated outright, but it's been implied that certain "schools" have their own traditions depending on what they align with.

LoD traditionally seems to be more of a general/offensive/light oriented school so they use armour and Gliders.

Yen Sid/Mysterious Tower is more about magic and balance, so to get around, Yen Sid had a raw gummi piece around-the star shard.

Master Xehanort is darkness and offensive aligned so he provides the Dark Suit.

Most old masters just have their own thing going on depending on how their "school" works.

Exactly this ^

Every Master seems to find and use their own method even if they started with another. Mickey for example now uses Gummi Ships when he originally used Yen Sids star shard and Master Xehanort mentions having armor himself in the bbs reports but discards it.

And also given that statement of MX in the reports I think it's safe to say the armor used by the LoD students are made, how though well like Solo I don't think that's really important.
It's just one method of many.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
If anything I would say that armor is a more outdated form of travel as well as the star shards. If it was better or more advanced, I'm sure Mickey would have moved onto armor instead of going from star shards to gummi ships. Not only can they hold more, but gummi ships seem to be able to fight off hoards of enemies (as shown by all the ships they can defeat) as opposed to the gliders which we only got to fight on a little bit in BbS (against Metamorphosis as some parts of Deep Space).

The only reason I think we'd need to know how armor is made is if they plan on giving it to Sora and he needs to collect the pieces or go to whoever makes it, but I really hope Sora does NOT get armor, so I don't think we need any explanation.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ There's no reason to give him armor anyway, as mentioned, it's an outdated method in light of gummi ships which Sora already uses. Even Mickey uses gummi ships in favor of the shard method he was taught.
Plus it'd be kinda hard for SD&G to go searching if their mode of transportation was a glider which only carries one at a time.

Ruran

Awards
It's outdated compared to the coats as well, which seem to be a purposeful evolution of the armour. Armour and Gliders are overall "old fashioned".

Gram

Banned
Awards
I always found the coats themselves a bit purposeless since they are meant to protect you from darkness but Xehanort has already embraced it and so far outside of one scene as MX and the entirety of Xemnas' time he doesn't seem to even use it.
It's more of an org status symbol now than travel method.

Ruran

Awards
"Travel method" may be a bit misleading since that was never its purpose. :p

I took the invention of the coat to be more of a pride thing since MX wanted to prove that his attempts at progress were better than the stagnant same old, same old that were the traditions of LoD he had to endure. There really was no purpose in inventing something that's primary function was something MX hated, though I suppose the advantage would be that it more discrete and comfortable.

As well, I guess even MX is limited and has to acknowledge that he can't be exposed to concentrated darkness for prolonged periods of time. While MX can be said to have come the furthest in mastering darkness, I think a person can only take so much, even MX.

What I have to question though is why the Dark Suit isn't used more often. P:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back