• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marluxia and Larxene's Plan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
So I just finished playing Re:CoM again (for the platinum trophy of course) and I realized I never put too much thought into Marluxia and Larxene's plan for taking over the Organization. So they wanted to use Namine to use Sora to take over the Organization. Now my question is do you think that their plan could've even worked? They must've known how strong the rest of the members were and figured the three of them (or four if Axel would have joined them) would be strong enough or else they wouldn't have made up the plan. Personally I don't think they could have succeeded with just Marluxia, Larxene, and Sora. It would have been 3 against 8 (since that was the number of non CO members in the Organization at the time of CoM). If Axel had joined them they might have stood a better chance but I just can't see this plan being very successful. So would it have worked at all? How about if Axel joined them? What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I doubt it would've worked since the Org they wanted to betray had both Roxas and (though fairly new) Xion. On a one on one a fight between Roxas or Sora could go either way but I doubt he could tackle two at once when both Roxas and Xion draw from his own power.

As for marluxia and larxene their entire plan hinged on Sora so if he went down I doubt they'd have lasted long themselves.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah I agree that the odds were not in favor for Marluxia and Larxene. But, like I said before, they must have known or at least had a general feeling for how powerful each member was so why do you think they even thought it could work? Overconfidence in their own abilities and thinking Sora could handle most of the work?

bankai8299

Awards
i personally think it could have worked
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yeah I agree that the odds were not in favor for Marluxia and Larxene. But, like I said before, they must have known or at least had a general feeling for how powerful each member was so why do you think they even thought it could work? Overconfidence in their own abilities and thinking Sora could handle most of the work?

They did have a general idea that's why the they wanted Sora so it was mostly overconfidence in their plan and Sora's power.

because at the time of Co Roxas was still learning the basics of fighting and so was xion so those were 2 useless members next up comes Luxord Sora was able to take Luxord himself and i remember Marluxia being a rather powerful foe i feel that it would be like this
Sora was reset to level one at the start of CoM thanks to namine messing with his memory so he was relearning from scratch as well meaning he, Roxas and Xion was all three at basics level for that time so that doesn't help.

Nomura also once ranked the Org on strength:
–Who are the strongest ranking Organization XIII?

Nomura: Xemnas is the strongest, and Roxas is considerably strong you include his potential. Xaldin and Lexaeus are higher after that. However, when their strength is configured by preference, it’s different than how it appears in the story.

Xemnas, Lexeaus and Xaldin plus the entire Org and lesser nobodies vs Marluxia, Larxene and a brainwashed Sora.
An army versus three....how do you think that'd end?

bankai8299

Awards
They did have a general idea that's why the they wanted Sora so it was mostly overconfidence in their plan and Sora's power.

Sora was reset to level one at the start of CoM thanks to namine messing with his memory so he was relearning from scratch as well meaning he, Roxas and Xion was all three at basics level for that time so that doesn't help.

Nomura also once ranked the Org on strength:

Xemnas, Lexeaus and Xaldin plus the entire Org and lesser nobodies vs Marluxia, Larxene and a brainwashed Sora.
An army versus three....how do you think that'd end?

i forgot about the dusks samurai and all the other lower nobodies and i was factoring in when sora learned more of the basics due to the trials he went through with marluxia and larxene but i do see what you're saying

RoXi

this brings up an interesting point:

personally, maybe they'd take care of the Mid-tier members (Xaldin, Laxaeus, etc)
but once they'd reach Saix, Xigbar, and Xemnas, they'd be toast.

These three, as far as we know, are the only three that were in on the whole "make 13 darknesses/Xehanorts" that we found out about in DDD. Not only would they not succeed because these guys are the strongest members but because of the fact that they wouldn't let such a minor inconvenience get in the way of such a grand scheme, you know?

Gram

Banned
Awards
That may have likely been their plan "separate and eliminate the threats first" though given Xemnas knew who the traitors were and the classic 'Xehanort Trolling Factor' I doubt they'd have gotten much further than that either like you said.

Awards
i personally think it could have worked
Spoiler Spoiler Show

This theory hinges on Marluxia, Larxene and Sora taking the Organization members down one at a time. What if all of the other members confronted the 3 of them at the same time, and they were forced into fighting all of the other 8 members at once? There's no way Marluxia, Larxene and Sora could defeat Xemnas, Xigbar, Xaldin, Saix, Demyx, Luxord, Roxas and Xion all at the same time. And that's assuming they managed to defeat Vexen, Lexeaus, Zexion, Axel and Repliku first--which is more probable but still unlikely.

I think it would've made more sense for Marluxia and Larxene to attempt to convince other members of the Organization to side with them. They easily could've bullied Demyx into doing some dirty work for them, they could maybe convince Luxord to join them as well. Roxas could've easily been manipulated into joining them like Sora, and if Roxas joined them it would be most likely that Xion would also have joined up with them. Axel probably could've been persuaded at that point if they got both Roxas and Xion, if nothing else for the sole purpose that he doesn't want to have to kill Roxas or Xion. That would be a little over half of the Organization against the original 6, plus they'd have Sora (and probably Donald and Goofy if Sora's fighting against the Organization).

Another alternative would be to utilize Namine a bit more and manipulate the other Organization members into joining their cause, but I think that'd be a riskier/more time consuming path for Marluxia and Larxene to venture down.

In other words, I think Marluxia and Larxene could've MAYBE taken over the Organization if they had actually spent more time in their planning, but it was still unlikely right from the start.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Ehhhh I don't think they'd have been able to get Roxas on their side. Roxas would've sided with whoever Axel did and since at that time Axel was with his and Siax's "plan" (whatever that was) it's unlikely they'd have got either.

And you also mentioned another point, the idea hinges on them being able to corner each member one at a time. This wouldn't have worked because Xemnas was already aware of who the traitors were.
He had already seen through them and wouldn't have been easy to take by surprise.

Awards
^Ah, I forgot about Saix's plan. But I still think they could've had Namine rebuild Roxas's memory; maybe think he and Marluxia were friends instead of he and Axel? Still unlikely, but I can't think of any other way Marluxia and Larxene would've actually succeeded in taking over the Org.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Having Namine work her magic on Roxas wouldn't be a bad plan but I don't think that'd work either. DiZ and Riku kidnapped Roxas and hid him in that digital twilight town and the Organization located him only 3 or 4 days later. (counting from the last day of Days to the first few days of KH)
And going by the the official Days timeline from it's ultimania: KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days Ultimania - Timeline - 358/2 Days - Kingdom Hearts Insider

I dont think Marluxia wouldn't had enough time to rewrite Sora before he was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back