• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Release Date?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

thekeyprotector

On some KH sites, it says that the game was announced for worldwide release. does that mean that it would come out on the same day everywhere? Kinda like Pokemon X and Y? I'm just a little confused. Since the audio recording is done, does that mean it will come out soon?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Release Date

I'd be super glad if they decide to do a simultaneous release, but I'm not sure if it would happen. It would certainly be neat.

That said, I'm assuming that worldwide release means that the game, both Japanese and English versions, will be available worldwide and are not exclusive to any region.

ok sunny

Awards

I'd prefer a worldwide release so I don't tempt myself to spoil the game by looking up any playthroughs of the game before I get to play it!

thekeyprotector

Yeah I agree about the playthrough thing. when stuff comes out later than Japan in the States, I end up looking up stuff on YouTube, then I get the game and get bored with it, heheh. that is why im hoping that doesnt happen. Anyways, thanks guys, I will keep that in mind.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

This thread got my hopes up, then crushed them. I thought the release date was confirmed. :(

TheFelineFive

Wasn't there another thread about this a while back? I thought It was already confirmed that it was getting released around the same time everywhere. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Wasn't there another thread about this a while back? I thought It was already confirmed that it was getting released around the same time everywhere. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

There was another thread, but the topic is slightly different.

We don't know anything about the game's release date other than that it's in 2014. In that regard, I suppose you could treat it as a simultaneous worldwide release, but that remains to be seen until we get more information.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'd love a simultaneous release but SE's track record for localizations is a mixed bag. Last year I believed they'd lessen the gap but now with seeing how they stagger releases in an illogical manner (Really, if no game is coming out between a certain amount of months and another game already localized, why hold off on releasing it?), I'm less inclined to believe they'd aim for a simultaneous release.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
While I'd like for them to have a worldwide release for II.5, I doubt that it's going to happen considering that I cannot recall a single game that was given a worldwide release under Square Enix - at least at the moment.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I honestly wouldn't expect SE to release them simultaneously worldwide because, well, this is SE we're talking about. However, given we still have no news of when the game is coming out even in Japan, if the release window isn't simultaneous or really close (like a month or so), the other countries aren't getting this game until 2015.

1.5 was already released in Japan by this time last year and we got in September, I don't expect any announcements to be made till June honestly (E3).

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
I'm not sure though i would assume with the amount of material they have for this year SE would probably want to wait off till E3 so they have a substantial amount of information to share. i think they have a release date in mind though they have the opportunity to promote it and put it on a pedestal for this years E3 so it will cement into consumers minds.

Was it just the Japanese audio that was finished in march or English aswell? If it was both then a worldwide simultaneous release would be plausible though SE aren't the type to do such a thing

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm not sure though i would assume with the amount of material they have for this year SE would probably want to wait off till E3 so they have a substantial amount of information to share. i think they have a release date in mind though they have the opportunity to promote it and put it on a pedestal for this years E3 so it will cement into consumers minds.

Was it just the Japanese audio that was finished in march or English aswell? If it was both then a worldwide simultaneous release would be plausible though SE aren't the type to do such a thing

Japanese only. If they've made any progress with the English audio, someone (probably named Jesse McCartney) would have leaked it by now.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I would have really liked it if this came out in the summer but that NEVER happens. It's always gotta be fall with Kingdom Hearts. So annoying. I'm afraid with this one that we might not see it until Christmas the way information is coming by the trickle. Heck, Japan might be stuck with the fall release. At least with a Christmas release I have all of winter break to chill and play through at least one of the games.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
KH usually comes out in the "fall" because that's when it gets most sales, apparently. It is still a kids game after all, and that's when they're no longer on summer vacation.

A global release date is no easy achievement because each region has their own ideal timeframes and dates for releasing different media. There's also the fact that KH is not the only major title to release in said regions and they seem to like to organize things in a way that there's little competition at least among their own titles if not other companies. 1.5 was their major title of sept., FFX HD is their major title of March, LR claimed February. And that's NA alone.

And that's at' snot counting the workload.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH usually comes out in the "fall" because that's when it gets most sales, apparently.

It's never released any other time for that to be an accurate statement. You have to test it against another time period to be able to say that with certainty, and they never have. Except KH3D and that was on the cusp of Summer/Fall where most parents start Back to School shopping or that "Christmas in July" bs so that still did not count.

It is still a kids game after all, and that's when they're no longer on summer vacation.

Nomura: First of all, this series is not intended to be child-focused [...]

June 2012 GameInformer Nomura Interview! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Maybe like seven years ago that'd be a true statement but it isn't now. This series hasn't been for kids for a long time.

There's also the fact that KH is not the only major title to release in said regions and they seem to like to organize things in a way that there's little competition at least among their own titles if not other companies.

1.5 was pitted against GTAV, MGS Collection, FIFA 14, and Diablo III September 2013.

LRFF came out along with Thief the same month.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Don't get me wrong, I'm just speculating. I Forgot about thief. I'll give you that one. Grand Theft Auto 5 certainly was on top in September, but in my defense, I did tack on "if not from other companies".

But kids actually do buy and play the newer KH games(though many may have been introduced to it by older family members). It's happened a few times in my local area. And you can't deny that-even with the complicated plot-the games still try to appeal somewhat to younger demographics with the humor, atmosphere, and-in some scenes-tone.

Of course, with NA release dates for this series, it could just be a case of "why fix what ain't broke". Doesn't quite explained the decision for DDD. Once again, just speculating based on some apparent patterns. I'm open to other possibilities.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But kids actually do buy and play the newer KH games(though many may have been introduced to it by older family members). It's happened a few times in my local area. And you can't deny that-even with the complicated plot-the games still try to appeal somewhat to younger demographics with the humor, atmosphere, and-in some scenes-tone.

She didn't say they didn't, just that this series isn't targeting that specific audience.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm hoping for a worldwide release as well. The lack of news for 2.5 has really been bugging me.

It's never released any other time for that to be an accurate statement. You have to test it against another time period to be able to say that with certainty, and they never have. Except KH3D and that was on the cusp of Summer/Fall where most parents start Back to School shopping or that "Christmas in July" bs so that still did not count.

Don't forget about Re:Coded. It was released in NA in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back