• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Weight of Silence

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Well, I would like to present to you my first (of many hopefully, because I love this poetic form) Villanelle. I've grown a general dislike for free form poetry. I have found that I enjoy structure and form, and so, I have learned how to write in the Villanelle form, originally a French and Italian form. Also, for those of you who end up reading this poem, I am indeed a Christian- so I am speaking through the Christian lens here. Enjoy!

The Weight of Silence

The silence of God is overwhelming; deafening.
The weight of the silence can crush, and leave the soul strained.
In moments of utter hopelessness, He stands before me, beckoning.

The will is weak. This darkness in me is enveloping,
My mind, my soul, my heart. These, Satan hopes have gone unclaimed.

The days go by, and I plead for life anew. My voice echoes- unending,
Unanswered. But, God speaks in whispers- “You are mine, you are claimed!”

I have given myself to passionate folly; I find His embrace threatening.
My weakness killed Christ; What darkness have I entertained?

Razed. Desolate. What have I become? None hear my ceaseless screaming.
I am a slave Lord! Please, I must be unchained!

Life is wasted if you are unquestioning.
Who am I? Where is God? He is here, and I am reclaimed.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Wow, that's actually pretty good! :O

Just for a moment, it sounded like lyrics to some kind of a song. :)

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Thanks! I'm going to be reciting this at a poetry slam next week! Wow, I forgot about that set xD

Good luck there! :)

Lol, it's still my favorite! Beside, Catwoman is one sexy lady. ;)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'll start off by saying this was a well written poem. I haven't heard of Villanelle before, but that's okay. I think its rather awe inspiring to see different types of poetry on here. I'm more of an open minded kind of person, so I can't really comment much on this poem per-say, since I'm not religious whatsoever. Regardless, it was refreshing to read, and I truly do hope to see more poems from you in the future, Nutari. And I think I understand what some of this poem is about. :)

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I'll start off by saying this was a well written poem. I haven't heard of Villanelle before, but that's okay. I think its rather awe inspiring to see different types of poetry on here. I'm more of an open minded kind of person, so I can't really comment much on this poem per-say, since I'm not religious whatsoever. Regardless, it was refreshing to read, and I truly do hope to see more poems from you in the future, Nutari. And I think I understand what some of this poem is about. :)

I will be doing more in the near future. I'm going to be presenting this at a poetry slam next week. I hope to be inspired to write more soon. I think everybody can relate a little to this particular poem, but it's a matter of the fine details that people may not be able to, unless they choose to go through the wrestling I have in my faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back