• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Leveling tips (Proud+Unchanging)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelon99

Awards
So instead of playing through Proud normally I decided to handicap myself and go for the Unchanging Armour Trophy too. However I'm beginning to notice the big lack of power, health and MP (mostly on G&D... dying after one hit..) so I thought I'd just go overleveled into each world. Though I'm in Atlantica right now and am pretty MP-underpowered, so I do need a few extra levels to gain more MP.

Right now I'm 39 and basically got access to the first 9 worlds. The easiest way to level so far I know is the spot in Deep Jungle with infinite Power Wilds. Though with only 4 exp per kill, it gives me only 7200 per hour of me standing still and doing other things. I'm planning to move the farming to Mythril Stones and get the 145 tech bonus from the pots. Though this goes way too slow since I can't get Aerorga yet.

So I'm debating now if I should just push on till I can beat Hercs cup and try to farm on Herc, or farm for Mythril Stones along the way and forge AP Ups while leveling?

Also, I'm really bad at the juggling in Neverland so I'd prefer not to do that part

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Do you have any Tech Plus-abilities yet? If so, equip them and then repeatedly fight Leon and Yuffie at the Pegasus Cup.
Deflecting her shuriken with Tech-Plus gives loads of EXP in a reasonably short amount of time.
If you time it right, you can even deflect Leon's fireballs and gunblade swings (except the jumping one of course)

Xelon99

Awards
Do you have any Tech Plus-abilities yet? If so, equip them and then repeatedly fight Leon and Yuffie at the Pegasus Cup.
Deflecting her shuriken with Tech-Plus gives loads of EXP in a reasonably short amount of time.
If you time it right, you can even deflect Leon's fireballs and gunblade swings (except the jumping one of course)
Yeah I've got 2. Good idea thanks. Only difficulty will be Yuffies giant star and Leon's bigger gunblade. Plus the 1500 of their defeat..

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yuffie's giant star is in fact the only real problem of the fight, as even Leon's bigger gunblade can be deflected with a bit practice. Not to mention that "losing" in the Coliseum does not count as game over nor even as a real defeat.

Yep, all in all, especially if you defeat Leon first and then allow Yuffie to heal herself, you can accumulate quite the loads of EXP.

Trying to gain Unchanging on Proud is really some challenge though I'd say.

blksabbath74

So instead of playing through Proud normally I decided to handicap myself and go for the Unchanging Armour Trophy too. However I'm beginning to notice the big lack of power, health and MP (mostly on G&D... dying after one hit..) so I thought I'd just go overleveled into each world. Though I'm in Atlantica right now and am pretty MP-underpowered, so I do need a few extra levels to gain more MP.

Right now I'm 39 and basically got access to the first 9 worlds. The easiest way to level so far I know is the spot in Deep Jungle with infinite Power Wilds. Though with only 4 exp per kill, it gives me only 7200 per hour of me standing still and doing other things. I'm planning to move the farming to Mythril Stones and get the 145 tech bonus from the pots. Though this goes way too slow since I can't get Aerorga yet.

So I'm debating now if I should just push on till I can beat Hercs cup and try to farm on Herc, or farm for Mythril Stones along the way and forge AP Ups while leveling?

Also, I'm really bad at the juggling in Neverland so I'd prefer not to do that part

I was using that Powerwild Spawn Zone in the same way recently. It DOES go away after you defeat Ansem in Hollow Bastion, for the record.

Next time I replay, I am wondering how early I could feasibly camp there. I mean, theoretically, you could go straight to the Deep Jungle as the first world you really work on, run through it and defeat Clayton, and get Cura. You'd have to have that.

I am just wondering if Donald and Goofy have what it takes to grind unsupervised that early.

Xelon99

Awards
I was using that Powerwild Spawn Zone in the same way recently. It DOES go away after you defeat Ansem in Hollow Bastion, for the record.

Next time I replay, I am wondering how early I could feasibly camp there. I mean, theoretically, you could go straight to the Deep Jungle as the first world you really work on, run through it and defeat Clayton, and get Cura. You'd have to have that.

I am just wondering if Donald and Goofy have what it takes to grind unsupervised that early.
Tarzan has a healing ability from the start. Also, he has an Aero ability straight up to help.
All you have to worry about is keeping Soras defence and HP high and the others attack high enough to keep the Powerwilds busy. Setting them to extremely agressive already works on that part.

On Proud+Unchanging I've started there around level 25. At that point I was strong enough to survive several hits and kill the Powerwilds in 3-4 hits.
Also, standing on the branch from the opening to the treehouse is a safe spot. There's a small chance you'll be knocked off though, otherwise you wont be attacked at all. It's just a slow process.

blksabbath74

Tarzan has a healing ability from the start. Also, he has an Aero ability straight up to help.
All you have to worry about is keeping Soras defence and HP high and the others attack high enough to keep the Powerwilds busy. Setting them to extremely agressive already works on that part.

On Proud+Unchanging I've started there around level 25. At that point I was strong enough to survive several hits and kill the Powerwilds in 3-4 hits.
Also, standing on the branch from the opening to the treehouse is a safe spot. There's a small chance you'll be knocked off though, otherwise you wont be attacked at all. It's just a slow process.

Cool, thanks for the tip. I had not realized Tarzan had any spells.

MegaCore5

Awards
At the very beginning when Sora is only fighting shadows I grind till I'm level 10 by going into the shack repeatedly in destiny islands to re-spawn the shadows.
leveling tip go to Olympus coliseum and do the gold round which is the ice titan
You can get a lot of tech points by hitting the ice shots back at him. And you can get a lot of exp by defeating Sephiroth too.

MyNameisAnsem

leveling tip go to Olympus coliseum and do the gold round which is the ice titan

I would imagine that gives you plenty of EXP, but you'd have to be a pretty high level as it is to survive that fight. Unless I've been making it harder than it actually is.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
At the very beginning when Sora is only fighting shadows I grind till I'm level 10 by going into the shack repeatedly in destiny islands to re-spawn the shadows.

You can get a lot of tech points by hitting the ice shots back at him. And you can get a lot of exp by defeating Sephiroth too.

Level 10? I don't usually go past level 7 on Destiny Islands. Only 1 point per Shadow is not enough for me.

You can rack up quite a bit of exp just by deflecting the ice especially if you have 1 or more tech boost abilities equipped (I know because that's what I did to help get to level 100).

I would imagine that gives you plenty of EXP, but you'd have to be a pretty high level as it is to survive that fight. Unless I've been making it harder than it actually is.

Yeah it can be pretty difficult if you're below level 60 or so.

nxtgarnett5

Personally the best thing I did for leveling for just keep going through the Hades cup, sure it might take some time, but you gain a crapload of EXP out of it

MyNameisAnsem

Really? I never even bothered grinding at all on Destiny Islands.

I usually level up just by fighting in the End of the World or Hollow Bastion. The only level up trick I know of is the one in KH2 on Pride Rock.

nxtgarnett5

Really? I never even bothered grinding at all on Destiny Islands.

Really? I always felt leveling up on Destiny Island was essential in some way, it gives you a leg up when you get to Traverse Town and have to go against the Armor. I always get to at least 10-12 before leaving the island

MyNameisAnsem

Really? I always felt leveling up on Destiny Island was essential in some way, it gives you a leg up when you get to Traverse Town and have to go against the Armor. I always get to at least 10-12 before leaving the island

I can imagine how helpful it is. Heck, if I wasn't so far along in Final Mix, I'd start over and play that again just to grind. How long does getting that high up take?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Oh it can definitely help you out when you get to Traverse Town and I usually do spend some time fighting Riku and Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka at the same time. But after my first few playthroughs of KH1 (which I think I got up to around level 15 or so) I don't fight them enough to get into the double digits.

nxtgarnett5

I can imagine how helpful it is. Heck, if I wasn't so far along in Final Mix, I'd start over and play that again just to grind. How long does getting that high up take?

Eh it's hard for me to remember, but not too long, I fought Riku a ton, and then I just kept bouncing the ball back against sora friend, lots of ex there. And then of course the never ending spawn of heartless the night of the storm. Run and Run and I think by the time I beat the whole spawn four times roughly I was near level 12

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I would suggest the cups at OC. They're usually great leveling up places, but just try to find places with rare enemies. They usually give good exp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back