• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI: Potential Story Ideas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Got an Idea? Let's Hear It!

You need some feedback to start? This is the place just for YOU!

The purpose of this thread is to share and create your own story ideas here. By sharing your ideas, you'll gauge how much people would like to read your stories, before you start writing them. I noticed a number of people here, have already wrote down their own story ideas for others to see, hoping to get some much needed feedback before writing their own stories out. Bringing it to my attention that we could really use a thread like this. I know its hard to write or get started without some form of feedback; not knowing if people will like what you write or not. So fear no longer, you'll get the motivation you nervous writers need to blossom and grow as a storyteller.

Simple Guidelines:

1) I expect well thought out story ideas. Not a jumble of posts with only one or two sentences stating: I'm going to write about [insert story here] and then character A gets pregnant and character B is a bully, and they both fall in love and have to fight their inner demons. That's laziness right there, and I'll close this thread, if you abuse it as such.

2) No complaining or swearing. This is a major turn off to readers out there, who want to read a good story. I've seen this done once before by a writer who wasn't getting enough desirable feedback, and simply quit, because they felt like they were wasting their time. Don't be that person. If you don't get a single comment, then PM me, and I'll read your stories.

3) Write down as many story ideas as you like. There is no limit. Can be either fan-fiction or original ideas.

4) This is secretly a Beta Test. Where I test the waters for, readers and writers alike. I don't expect you guys to write your stories instantly, the moment you mention your ideas, but I'd like to think you'd actually put your stories out there for us to read eventually. If you have questions, PM me or look at this thread here: http://forums.khinsider.com/fanfiction/182409-khi-faq-2-0-a.html

5) Feel Free to comment, share and have fun. You can have discussions on potential stories with each other too. So don't be shy.

My Story Ideas:

[Be Careful What You Wish For. (Bleach)]

Category: Fan-Fiction
Chapters: 20-30 at most.
Other: MC name may be potentially changed.

Summary: Have you ever made a wish on a star? Let me tell you something, don't do it. I woke up the next day to discover living and breathing people inside of my house. Correction. The Espada are living inside of my house. They're one of the deadliest of foes from this fictional world called Bleach, and they're not known for their kindness. Being Ulquiorra's number one fangirl, I should know. If they find out I can see them, I'm so screwed. I can only hope they don't realize I can see them...but Ulquiorra happens to be the sharpest of the group, and already suspects me. This could get real bad real quickly, and I have school on top of that. What's a girl to do? I got to find them a way home before they hurt somebody. By somebody, I mean me. And stop them from rewriting the rules of my world and theirs.

[Larxene is a WHAT? (KH)]

Chapters: One-Shot

Summary: The organization thirteen discover they have a problem. A big problem. Larxene drank a concoction made by Vexen by mistake, when opening up the fridge without looking, because she was too busy insulting someone. Now its a race against time to return her back to normal, or lose a potential member to recreate kingdom hearts. Vexen is taking the majority of the blame for, leaving his potions inside of the fridge that everyone uses. Axel is too pleased with this change around with Larxene. Xigbar and Luxord are making bets on who Larxene ahem. beats up. Roxas is investigating potential suspects, and Xigbar is checking out the label of the bottles... Will Larxene turn back to normal? Will the culprit be revealed?

[A Shocking Truth (Durarara)]

Summary: A rumor is spread within Ikebukuro like wild fire about the Dullahan's head being kept by the infamous Izaya Orihara aka Info Broker. Celty having been his transporter, quickly learns of this, and demands answers. Only the info broker himself happens to be missing. Leaving Celty infuriated from being lied to again for a second time. Not once crossing her mind to suspect Izaya to have it, or be right beneath her own nose. At the same time, she's terrified of what regaining back her head will do. If it means leaving Shinra and the beloved city behind. Or it does nothing at all.

[A Quarrel to Settle (LightxAxel)]

Chapters: 1-2 at most.
Other: Title is a work in progress.

Summary: Leon has had his hands full with the restoration committee in Radiant Garden, leaving him no time to spare to deal with these two hot heads. With a little of help, he not only sets them up with an impossible task, but a place to duke it out against each other to get rid of the sexual tension between the two of them. Something they both deny amongst their friends despite the obvious bickering they do in front of them. Hoping this works, because the damage and costs are piling up at an alarming rate, causing Leon a ton of headaches.

[The King of High School(FFXIII/FFVII)]

Chapters: 20-30
Other: Title is a work of progress. KH character cameos are to be expected.

Summary: It all started out in the cafeteria and on the first day of school, where two rival groups decided they wanted to be the rulers of this school. Thus creating a warzone amongst students as they sabotage each other between classes. Hope being the center of attention and the weakest of the group gets picked on, having no choice but to deal with the drama for a whole year. Even worse, he's beginning to suspect he's falling in love with someone much older than him too. While Yuffie is simply having fun, reporting back as a spy, and wants to be friends with him. Time will only tell, what these two will do.

------

If any of these sound interesting, please let me know! I'll get to work on them as soon as I'm able to. All comments are welcome. :D I'll be adding more in the future.

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This sounds neat~

There's this fanfiction I've been working on for quite some time already, a Kingdom Hearts fanfiction that I haven't completed yet because I don't have time to sit down and watch a ton of movies, lol. I have a lot of it penned out though, it's just a matter of fleshing out the Disney plots. I figure it'd be a good idea though to share the concept beforehand to get people interested and get feedback. Either way, the story will be complete, just not for a while. I'll have more time for it in the summer when I'm on break.

[Kingdom Hearts (title in progress)]
Catagory: Fanfiction
Chapters: TBA

[Summary]

The struggle against the forces of darkness is just beginning and each side is desperately preparing for the inevitable face-off. Kairi, a newly recognized Keyblade wielder, is eager to prove herself and show that she's up to par with her peers. Vanitas, a savvy student on the cusp of attaining his goals just needs to pull off one big mission. Kairi and Vanitas, two individuals in inherent opposition come together to accomplish their own agendas, but as they traverse across the cosmos, it becomes apparent that they're just pawns in someone else's scheme. Thus, a new goal forms between the two: unravel the fate weaved for them before they themselves are unraveled in the process.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm actually really hyped up for your story, Ruran. Its the first time, I've ever heard of Kairi being paired up with Vanitas for an adventure with separate agendas of their own. Almost makes me want to ask if, those two will become love interests? Or if Kairi won't have time to settle the love triangle she was in formerly? I look forward to reading it over the summer. C: Disney plots are always the hardest, but I'm sure you'll figure it all out in due time.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Pokemon Black and White: Rebirth.

A fan fiction what do you think?

How many chapters: Not sure right now.

Plot: A retelling of the Pokemon Black and White anime. Ash and Pikachu are in Unova, mostly to goof around, thanks to Ash's anti-battling policy. However after he and Pikachu are a part of Professor Oak's mind opening experiment, and meeting to new friends: Iris the Dragon Master to be wild child that he may or may not be falling for, and the well dressed and out their, gym leader Cilan. The boy forces himself to regain his fighting spirt in order to stop N and Team Plasma from wiping out the bonds of humans and pokemon. With the power of ideals, and truth, they might be able to win. Granted the new tro might need some help.

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is an awesome idea! :D Let's see~

[OVERBIT CHAOS: Kingdom Hearts]

Category: Fanfiction
Chapters: 30-ish?
Other: The story's complete, but I'm working on the revision right now and have no idea when it would be released :T

Summary: Years ago in the World that Never Was, Sora, Riku, and King Mickey were killed, and the Keyblade was destroyed. Since then, the Heartless have attacked the worlds, destroying one after the next. Without the Keyblade, it seems like there's nothing to do to stop them... but fate has other plans. When two worlds are destroyed, the two survivors, a boy dreaming of becoming a warrior and a girl who escaped the darkness and discovered a Keyblade, find themselves in Traverse Town. They join together to travel the worlds and, following Sora's example, they seal Keyholes, protecting the worlds from the Heartless. But, after each Keyhole is sealed, the worlds disappear. Is it really their destiny to save the worlds?

I have an original story idea, too, but I'll post it laters~ :T

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
"Side Characters"
Category: Original
Length: I 'unno. Probably 1-5.
Summary: We always hear about how the hero saves the day. How he braves dungeons and defeats monsters. But what about the guy helping him out? Well, that's what we plan to find out.

"Unaired Pilot"
Length: Forever and a half
Summary: Horrors upon horrors! Our daughter has been born with unnatural hair color, seems to be in tune with nature, and other assorted abilities! She has been born as... an Anime Main Character! Though her mother and I have coped with this, she, at the age of 15, has not. Every week she comes home and tells us of how she narrowly avoided starting a series with cliche pilot episodes such as Meeting the New Transfer Student, Bumping into A Guy in a Different Class While Running Late for Class with a Piece of Toast in Her Mouth, and more. She will eventually have to face her fate, but it looks as though she's going to choose it.

"Animal Crossing Deluxe"
Category: Fanfic
Length: 15 chapters, 43 pages in word
Length: New guy moves in to a town full of talking animals, you know the drill. This one's different in the fact that I've already written it all out and just want to see if anyone is actually interested in reading it. edit: actually I've posted the first two parts here before with no replies, and I also sounded like a total tool in the process. So yeah, you have a small idea of what to expect out of this.

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I guess I could throw a couple of ideas on here.

[Candlelit Vigil]
A woman awakes in the middle of the forest, wearing nothing but a pale nightgown. With no memory of how she got there, and only the barest memory of who she was, the woman trudged through the trees until she happened upon a single mansion in a small clearing. She's greeted by a mysterious man who calls himself the mansion's keeper. It exists in a sort of purgatory, as a refuge for the souls of those who held fast to a strong regret as they died. There they stay, gradually regaining memories of themselves until finally reliving the events that led to their death. Afterwords, its their decision whether to move on to the afterlife or get a second chance at life.

[Wolves Breathe Fire]
Having spent the majority of her violent youth in gangs, a detective tries to put that side of her in the past. As she struggles with her personality and who she really is, a set of three incidents arrives to keep her busy. First, a serial killer who dismembers their victims until they are unrecognizable walks the streets. Second, a person she once trusted suffers a moral crisis, which leads them to organize a group of vigilantes. Third, someone who featured heavily in both her past and present, the undisputed leader of the city's underworld, begins to set in motion a plan that will shake her to the very core. Will she be able to break free from her former life, or will the hunger of a starving wolf consume her?

[Portrait of Andromeda]
An art major travels all the way from his home country of Nepal to pursue his painting dreams. Unfortunately, he focused so much on technical skill that he has difficulty conjuring up creative images of his own. Due to a processing error in his dorm application, he finds himself sharing a place with a peculiar individual. Once an observatory, one of the rooms in the complex has been refashioned to allow for stargazing, all for the sake of the prodigy that lives there. She's an astrophysics major, who spends most of her time pouring over piles of data. The two don't get along well together at first, but slowly learn to tolerate the other person. Along the way, they inspire each other to regain the wonder for their crafts that they had previously lost.

[In the Halls of Heathen Gods]
When the people need one the most, a god rises from among them. A chance individual, upon which they bear their society's burdens, must take up the thankless role. One such a god has just newly risen, a young and woefully inexperienced god, who neither wanted nor was truly ready for such a responsibility. His appointment comes during a time of global turmoil, and the gods of each nation must confront one another in their stead, as is the duty of those chosen. This young god learns through their peers, engaged in competitions both intellectual and physical. Learning about their new place in the world, and witnessing the world around them in a way they never have before; they learn what it means to be a god, and what it means for their people.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
"Side Characters"
Summary: We always hear about how the hero saves the day. How he braves dungeons and defeats monsters. But what about the guy helping him out? Well, that's what we plan to find out.

"Unaired Pilot"
Summary: Horrors upon horrors! Our daughter has been born with unnatural hair color, seems to be in tune with nature, and other assorted abilities! She has been born as... an Anime Main Character! Though her mother and I have coped with this, she, at the age of 15, has not. Every week she comes home and tells us of how she narrowly avoided starting a series with cliche pilot episodes such as Meeting the New Transfer Student, Bumping into A Guy in a Different Class While Running Late for Class with a Piece of Toast in Her Mouth, and more. She will eventually have to face her fate, but it looks as though she's going to choose it.

"Animal Crossing Deluxe"
Category: Fanfic
Length: 15 chapters, 43 pages in word
Length: New guy moves in to a town full of talking animals, you know the drill. This one's different in the fact that I've already written it all out and just want to see if anyone is actually interested in reading it. edit: actually I've posted the first two parts here before with no replies, and I also sounded like a total tool in the process. So yeah, you have a small idea of what to expect out of this.

I read Simple Stuff and Unassorted, and I read through Animal Crossing Deluxe. If there is anything at all that you feel inspired to write CD-Man, please write it. Everything has been brilliant so far, and your ideas for Side Characters and Unaired Pilot both sound great.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
"Side Characters"

"Unaired Pilot"

I'd definitely like to read both of these someday. Especially the top one. Sounds like the hero will have to share his spotlight with the people helping him out. Far more unique than any other story I've seen before.

The second one amuses me the most, since its the first time I've ever heard of a girl classified as an 'anime character'. For reals, what is it about girls running around with toasts in their mouths? Is it a common thing in japan or something? Somehow, I feel like this involves a cliché love triangle too. I could be wrong, but it'd amuse me to no end, if it did. Gotta love anime, right? (xD)

This is an awesome idea! :D Let's see~

[OVERBIT CHAOS: Kingdom Hearts]

Category: Fanfiction
Chapters: 30-ish?
Other: The story's complete, but I'm working on the revision right now and have no idea when it would be released :T

Summary: Years ago in the World that Never Was, Sora, Riku, and King Mickey were killed, and the Keyblade was destroyed. Since then, the Heartless have attacked the worlds, destroying one after the next. Without the Keyblade, it seems like there's nothing to do to stop them... but fate has other plans. When two worlds are destroyed, the two survivors, a boy dreaming of becoming a warrior and a girl who escaped the darkness and discovered a Keyblade, find themselves in Traverse Town. They join together to travel the worlds and, following Sora's example, they seal Keyholes, protecting the worlds from the Heartless. But, after each Keyhole is sealed, the worlds disappear. Is it really their destiny to save the worlds?

(Just want to say a quick thank you to, you and Ruran. I appreciate it a lot, hearing this wasn't a dumb idea and ect.)

As you already know, I've been reading your scripts, and I really, REALLY want to read Overbit Chaos someday. I'm curious how these two survivors will do on their own, and how long it'll take for them to eventually pair up and save the world- oh boy, those worlds disappear?! :O Wow, that's quite a shocking twist. Here I thought there wouldn't be more twists, but you continue to surprise me.

Nyangoro said:
[Wolves Breathe Fire]

Having spent the majority of her violent youth in gangs, a detective tries to put that side of her in the past. As she struggles with her personality and who she really is, a set of three incidents arrives to keep her busy. First, a serial killer who dismembers their victims until they are unrecognizable walks the streets. Second, a person she once trusted suffers a moral crisis, which leads them to organize a group of vigilantes. Third, someone who featured heavily in both her past and present, the undisputed leader of the city's underworld, begins to set in motion a plan that will shake her to the very core. Will she be able to break free from her former life, or will the hunger of a starving wolf consume her?

I liked this one the most, since it has three incidences that keeps the protagonist busy. Wolf seems to be a key word in this. No idea if it means anything, but I feel like it does to some degree. I've always wanted to read a detective story. Its almost like a race against time with so much going on, but could all three incidences be connected to each other? Can't be a mere coincidence. Either way, I'm really stoked to read this someday, should you choose to write it.

----

For those I didn't comment on, such as Pokémon Black and White Reborn and Animal Crossing Delux: I don't think its necessary for me to comment, since I'm already reading them, and happen to like both. :)

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I guess I could throw a couple of ideas on here.

[Candlelit Vigil]

[Wolves Breathe Fire]

[Portrait of Andromeda]

[In the Halls of Heathen Gods]

I'd read these. The first and the third interest me the most though. The first because of the setting surrounding it, and the third because it hits slightly close to home.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I'm posting them in descending order, from most-thought out and ready to post, to most basic and skeletal.

[Nightfall: The Gallant]

Chapters: 30+
Other: I don't know if this technically counts, as I had actually started it, but trailed off after hitting a hard writer's block as to how to continue, and then sort of forgot about it. I plan on continuing, but also update the first three chapters I had already done.

Summary: In the year 620 of the Second Age, young Edward Gryffin, a new recruit in the Venelatrian Central Army, is thrust into the midst of the bloody Gods' War. While trying his best to simply survive, he forges a most unexpected friendship with a young man told to be his enemy. The two try to protect their friendship from the harsh reality of the outside world, but as the war continues, find it harder and harder to do so. Follow the story of Edward Gryffin, the Gallant, the last hero of the Gods' War.

[R.E.M. - Reality, Existence, Mentality]

Chapters: Likely 20 - 30
Other: Those who venture into the roleplaying section might recognize the name. Though it died there, the story is too good not to do it justice and finish it. Depending if his schedule permits, I would like to get Ordeith to co-write it with me, since he was fundamental in several aspects of the story.

Summary: At first glance, Christopher Russell looks like any other high school senior. That is, however, except for the fact that he can warp and manipulate the threads of reality around him, though he doesn't know it. As a few around him start to realize this, mysterious men in suits begin appearing all across the town. Chris's friends must protect him, for his death would mean nothing less than the destruction of all of reality.

[Fallen]

Chapters: 10-20

Summary: "They call me lots of things: Devil, Satan. Cast from the light, I wander the earth without salvation. Now I fight a war I am destined to lose, against a being who cannot be defeated. A fitting punishment, I suppose. But if I, his first creation, am damned to this fate, I will take as many of his latest creations with me. But it was not always this way. Back before they called me the Devil, I was simply Lucifer, and I was loved."

[Smile]

Chapters: 5-20
Other: I apologize in advance on the lacking summary, but I'm still trying to figure exactly how I want to piece together the story. I have two ways I could take it and am trying to decide on which direction to take. I like both, so I may just end up doing a story for each idea.

Summary: A young boy is forced to face his demons after his parents are killed, and finds himself enveloped by grief and suffering. While he searches for answers, his sanity is slowly picked apart by a monster that stalks him from the shadows.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm posting them in descending order, from most-thought out and ready to post, to most basic and skeletal.

[Nightfall: The Gallant]

Chapters: 30+
Other: I don't know if this technically counts, as I had actually started it, but trailed off after hitting a hard writer's block as to how to continue, and then sort of forgot about it. I plan on continuing, but also update the first three chapters I had already done.

Summary: In the year 620 of the Second Age, young Edward Gryffin, a new recruit in the Venelatrian Central Army, is thrust into the midst of the bloody Gods' War. While trying his best to simply survive, he forges a most unexpected friendship with a young man told to be his enemy. The two try to protect their friendship from the harsh reality of the outside world, but as the war continues, find it harder and harder to do so. Follow the story of Edward Gryffin, the Gallant, the last hero of the Gods' War.

Other: Those who venture into the roleplaying section might recognize the name. Though it died there, the story is too good not to do it justice and finish it. Depending if his schedule permits, I would like to get Ordeith to co-write it with me, since he was fundamental in several aspects of the story.

Summary: At first glance, Christopher Russell looks like any other high school senior. That is, however, except for the fact that he can warp and manipulate the threads of reality around him, though he doesn't know it. As a few around him start to realize this, mysterious men in suits begin appearing all across the town. Chris's friends must protect him, for his death would mean nothing less than the destruction of all of reality.

[Smile]

Chapters: 5-20
Other: I apologize in advance on the lacking summary, but I'm still trying to figure exactly how I want to piece together the story. I have two ways I could take it and am trying to decide on which direction to take. I like both, so I may just end up doing a story for each idea.

Summary: A young boy is forced to face his demons after his parents are killed, and finds himself enveloped by grief and suffering. While he searches for answers, his sanity is slowly picked apart by a monster that stalks him from the shadows.

I apologize for not seeing this sooner.

I like Nightfall: The Gallant as you already know. I like it for how thought out and in depth it is. Might not be something most people would read but, I'm not most people. I feel like its an interesting story with strong bones in it. Kind of like a history lesson, only it has more to it than that. I'd like to see it progress even farther and see what else is in store of it. Curious what else is to come in the God's War.

[R.E.M.] intrigues me the most with its summary. I have no doubt in my mind that it'd make a good story. I'd like to know why Christopher can manipulate the threads of reality. Be it a supernatural ability he was born with? Or perhaps it was a power thrust upon him? Maybe he isn't a human being? And then there's the mysterious suit figures. Why would they try to destroy Christopher instead of say, keep him and experiment on him? Why kill the guy off whom has control of their reality? I haven't seen the rp of this but, it raises questions I'd love to see come to light eventually.

[Smile]
In all honesty, the title is what catches my most immediate interest. I know there isn't a whole lot to the summary itself but, I think it would be worth breathing life into. I'm curious what would happen to the young boy if, his sanity is picked apart entirely by the monster that lurks in the shadows. This sounds like a story that can become really twisted as the boy tries to survive and not give into despair. Something I could totally get into and read for hours on end.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Sugar Lips said:
[Be Careful What You Wish For. (Bleach)]

Chapters: 20-30 at most.
Other: MC name may be potentially changed.

Summary: Have you ever made a wish on a star? Let me tell you something, don't do it. I woke up the next day to discover living and breathing people inside of my house. Correction. The Espada are living inside of my house. They're one of the deadliest of foes from this fictional world called Bleach, and they're not known for their kindness. Being Ulquiorra's number one fangirl, I should know. If they find out I can see them, I'm so screwed. I can only hope they don't realize I can see them...but Ulquiorra happens to be the sharpest of the group, and already suspects me. This could get real bad real quickly, and I have school on top of that. What's a girl to do? I got to find them a way home before they hurt somebody. By somebody, I mean me. And stop them from rewriting the rules of my world and theirs.

[Larxene is a WHAT? (KH)]

Summary: The organization thirteen discover they have a problem. A big problem. Larxene drank a concoction made by Vexen by mistake, when opening up the fridge without looking, because she was too busy insulting someone. Now its a race against time to return her back to normal, or lose a potential member to recreate kingdom hearts. Vexen is taking the majority of the blame for, leaving his potions inside of the fridge that everyone uses. Axel is too pleased with this change around with Larxene. Xigbar and Luxord are making bets on who Larxene ahem. beats up. Roxas is investigating potential suspects, and Xigbar is checking out the label of the bottles... Will Larxene turn back to normal? Will the culprit be revealed?
These are the two that interest me most of your selection. The first one actually has the more interesting premise, but I'm more familiar with the KH universe and partial to one-shots, so it's a toss-up.
CD-Man2021 said:
"Unaired Pilot"
Please write this.

Nyangoro said:
[Portrait of Andromeda]
An art major travels all the way from his home country of Nepal to pursue his painting dreams. Unfortunately, he focused so much on technical skill that he has difficulty conjuring up creative images of his own. Due to a processing error in his dorm application, he finds himself sharing a place with a peculiar individual. Once an observatory, one of the rooms in the complex has been refashioned to allow for stargazing, all for the sake of the prodigy that lives there. She's an astrophysics major, who spends most of her time pouring over piles of data. The two don't get along well together at first, but slowly learn to tolerate the other person. Along the way, they inspire each other to regain the wonder for their crafts that they had previously lost.
Sounds interesting. I like stories that feature (mostly) normal people.

OmniChaos said:

Category:
Original

This is the one I'm most interested in reading. I read through the entire roleplay sometime back, and I briefly considered asking you about rebooting it, but I honestly think it would work better as a story with a single author than as a roleplay.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have something that's been bouncing in my head lately, but unfortunately is a bit less formulaic in its concept than all of your posts, but I still was curious what people thought of it, or if they heard of something similar before. I still don't have a lot of things sorted out and placed yet [like names, faces, place, etc.] just the basic concept. I apologize for not following the format that everyone has been using, this is just too vague for me to follow anything set like that where I am.

Essentially, a teenage girl starts having vivid nightmares of girls being murdered, seemingly by her. Eventually, she realizes that it isn't her in the dream, but a different person entirely, someone she's never seen or met before. She begins to wonder why these dreams keep happening, almost like clockwork. Then she sees some of the girls' faces in the news [or something]. The dreams are real, the girls are actually being murdered. No one believes her, she probably saw the faces of the girls' missing posters or something, right? But the killer seems to be almost searching for someone. Should she wake up from the horrific murders or stay asleep despite her increasing insanity to find out clues to try and stop the killer?

Again, nothing's set, there are plenty of things that need to be ironed out, figured out, and tweaked, and many things are kind of variables in the whole thing. I also have to do some research. But, yes, I'm interested in what you guys think of my somewhat vague idea.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Essentially, a teenage girl starts having vivid nightmares of girls being murdered, seemingly by her. Eventually, she realizes that it isn't her in the dream, but a different person entirely, someone she's never seen or met before. She begins to wonder why these dreams keep happening, almost like clockwork. Then she sees some of the girls' faces in the news [or something]. The dreams are real, the girls are actually being murdered. No one believes her, she probably saw the faces of the girls' missing posters or something, right? But the killer seems to be almost searching for someone. Should she wake up from the horrific murders or stay asleep despite her increasing insanity to find out clues to try and stop the killer?

Again, nothing's set, there are plenty of things that need to be ironed out, figured out, and tweaked, and many things are kind of variables in the whole thing. I also have to do some research. But, yes, I'm interested in what you guys think of my somewhat vague idea.

I'd love to read this. If it were a book, I wouldn't be able to put it down. I may of heard of a slightly similar concept before but, its too vague for me to even remember at this point. I don't mind how you chose to format this because, the summary itself has my undivided attention. I'm curious about the girl herself whom is dreaming up these realistic murders, and what she'll do about it. I hope eventually you have it more thought out, and can post it on the forum someday. :)

These are the two that interest me most of your selection. The first one actually has the more interesting premise, but I'm more familiar with the KH universe and partial to one-shots, so it's a toss-up.

I could write both. The one-shot wouldn't take all that long for me to do, once I have the other parts of it more thought out on. In regards to the first one, I planned on it being a fun story for me to write out, and mess around with. I wouldn't stick to any of the original plot of Bleach, and give it a whole entire plot itself. I can't guarantee the characters from Bleach will be written to their true forms either, but that was my plan from the start. Otherwise, I'm pleased to hear it'd be interesting enough for somebody to read. I might do some original stories too. I just need to think them out more, or they'll fail miserably like before.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
She basically is seeing through the murderer's eyes and perspective, and finds out that it's someone different when reflections are shown, in mirrors, windows, etc. I've read something somewhat similar, which was a webcomic called Dreamless. The story was basically about a girl in America and a boy in Japan being connected to each other by their dreams. When one slept, they saw through the others eyes. If they were both sleeping it would just be darkness. It was a short, beautifully drawn webcomic about love and determination and whatnot. My idea is a bit different, but still, it's the only connection I can think of and somewhat of an inspiration towards it?

Dreams are very interesting to me and I really like mystery novels and shows. I feel it has a lot of potential I just have to, you know. DO IT.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
@Annoyance: It sounds like a pretty interesting idea. I'd be down for reading that.

@Sugar Lips: Write it up. It'll be interesting to read something from you for a change instead of the other way around.

@Hidden: Oh jeez.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The issues I'm running into plot wise are small things like how to explain why she's having the dreams, what causes that connection, whether or not the murderer can see through the girl's eyes too. Not really sure about everything. It's still a jumbled mess but I'm happy I at least got most of the idea down here and people think it's interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back