• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any other infinite spawn points in KH1?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blksabbath74

To help with leveling, I've been camping Sora in the Deep Jungle section above the vines, which spawns continuous Powerwilds, and just letting Donald and Goofy handle them and summoning Tinkerbell to keep healed. I can set that up, leave it for a few hours, and come back. The XP isn't great, but it trickles in...

Is anyone aware of any other locations in KH1 that offer a similar infinite respawn?

For the record, if you leave it like that for more than 5 hours, they stop respawning, but still, leave it running overnight and come back in the morning to find you've gained a level.

Anyway, just wondering.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
The only place I can think of is the Sniperwilds in Traverse Town. I believe they have an infinite respawn (or at least a lot because I fought them for a good half hour once before I decided to leave). The only problem is once they see you it can be pretty difficult to defeat them. Not much but that's the only other place that I can think of.

blksabbath74

The only place I can think of is the Sniperwilds in Traverse Town. I believe they have an infinite respawn (or at least a lot because I fought them for a good half hour once before I decided to leave). The only problem is once they see you it can be pretty difficult to defeat them. Not much but that's the only other place that I can think of.

Hmmm, probably not a situation I want to leave to Donald, Tink and the Goof.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Once the Sniperwilds see you they don't drop EXP so that wouldn't be a very good automatic situation, no. Also, they run out after five cycles so don't really count there, either.

blksabbath74

Once the Sniperwilds see you they don't drop EXP so that wouldn't be a very good automatic situation, no. Also, they run out after five cycles so don't really count there, either.

Ah well, yeah, not what I'm looking for...

We're just trying to grind the level up...currently at 52.

We've hit a wall with Ansem/Riku in Hollow Bastion. I forgot how tough a fight that was, and we've both gotten too reliant on Donald and Tink as Healbots...

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
We've hit a wall with Ansem/Riku in Hollow Bastion. I forgot how tough a fight that was, and we've both gotten too reliant on Donald and Tink as Healbots...

Yeah, unfortunately that's going to be a thing again against Ansem, both the solo fight and the first few fights against the World of Chaos. :S The Darkside's still a joke, though.

I've given what advice I've got in the other thread. Good luck!

On the bright side, once you get to KH2 you get that stupendous grind spot /trick with Magnet that you can use on top of Pride Rock. Love-ly.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Trust me though, when you have something as cool as Encounter Plus, you will not have to worry about EXP anymore. Equip it, go from one room to another and back in any world, and you'll reap EXP very quickly, especially in battle hotspots like the Gizmo Shop in Traverse Town after rescuing Kairi in Hollow Bastion.

That "infinite" respawn point is neat and exploitable and all, but if you have gone that far to the point of having obtained Tink, ultimately it doesn't hold a candle against Encounter Plus. With the latter, you can farm for EXP while advancing your progress in the game.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Trust me though, when you have something as cool as Encounter Plus, you will not have to worry about EXP anymore. Equip it, go from one room to another and back in any world, and you'll reap EXP very quickly, especially in battle hotspots like the Gizmo Shop in Traverse Town after rescuing Kairi in Hollow Bastion.

That "infinite" respawn point is neat and exploitable and all, but if you have gone that far to the point of having obtained Tink, ultimately it doesn't hold a candle against Encounter Plus. With the latter, you can farm for EXP while advancing your progress in the game.

Unfortunately, as came up in blksabbath's other thread, he's playing KH vanilla, which means no Encounter Plus. On a similar note, this means the Sniperwilds are really out of the question, because they're not even in the game!

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Ah well, yeah, not what I'm looking for...

We're just trying to grind the level up...currently at 52.

For Ansem/Riku, If I'm not mistaken just high jumping and gliding dodges pretty much all of his attacks. As for actual Ansem in End Of The World, I can't really comment as I made sure I was at least level 90 when I faced him but he was a complete walk in the park at that point even in expert mode.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Unfortunately, as came up in blksabbath's other thread, he's playing KH vanilla, which means no Encounter Plus. On a similar note, this means the Sniperwilds are really out of the question, because they're not even in the game!

Ah, well, then my best advice is to just go around Hollow Bastion and go bananas against the Heartless there. It would yield much better result than leaving the console on for five hours just to gain one level, which seems to be too much of a waste of time for me. While it can be of some help when you're, say, going out or to bed, it shouldn't be your main avenue of levelling up.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also, now is definitely the time to grind if you don't want yourself or your daughter to get overwhelmed. Once you defeat Ansem/Riku, the keyhole opens and the entire realm of light gets flooded with stronger heartless.

Also, I suggest collecting the dalmatians/finding the trinities. That upgraded aero spell is a godsend, and the higher-level keyblades you get for completing the coliseum are great to have at this point too. If you haven't done so already. (I'm not sure, thinking about it now, if it's actually possible to get all the dalmatians at this point in the game but it should be)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
(I'm not sure, thinking about it now, if it's actually possible to get all the dalmatians at this point in the game but it should be)

It's not, Riku/Ansem is blocking the very last box.

Though since this is the original version, you will want to make sure you have the puppies at the Clock Tower, so that Phantom doesn't cut you off from them.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's not, Riku/Ansem is blocking the very last box.

Though since this is the original version, you will want to make sure you have the puppies at the Clock Tower, so that Phantom doesn't cut you off from them.

Right, right, right! Though you're right, the point still stands, make sure you're out and about and doing the side quests.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Including the 100 Acre Wood, of course. I have forgotten most of the rewards that you receive in the vanilla version, but I remember that there are some neat ones like Power Up, AP Up, and Orichalcum. Who doesn't like extra AP for more abilities?

blksabbath74

On the bright side, once you get to KH2 you get that stupendous grind spot /trick with Magnet that you can use on top of Pride Rock. Love-ly.

For whatever reason, I cannot get my KH2 to save the game. I'm not sure if it is a problem with the disk or the save disk. It is 64 mgs and only needs a fraction of that to save KH2.

I may order another (they are dirt cheap) just for that game. If that doesn't work, I'll probably just hold off on KH2 until I can buy 2.5 for the PS4.

:frown:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I would go ahead and order another PS2 version, especially if your daughter wants to play it. We still don't have a PS3 release date for 2.5 so it might be a long while before a PS4 version.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
For whatever reason, I cannot get my KH2 to save the game. I'm not sure if it is a problem with the disk or the save disk. It is 64 mgs and only needs a fraction of that to save KH2.

I may order another (they are dirt cheap) just for that game. If that doesn't work, I'll probably just hold off on KH2 until I can buy 2.5 for the PS4.

:frown:

Ouch. That sucks. I suppose the disc reader in the console is broken/over-used. When I was younger, my GameCube's disc reader wouldn't work since it was part of that first line of consoles released back in 2001. Perhaps that may have been similar to what happened to yours - there isn't a PS2 around anymore that isn't nearly a decade old, if not older.

Speaking of which, I miss the old days when all we had to do to get a game working again was simply blow into the cartridge in order to clean out the dust.

blksabbath74

Ouch. That sucks. I suppose the disc reader in the console is broken/over-used. When I was younger, my GameCube's disc reader wouldn't work since it was part of that first line of consoles released back in 2001. Perhaps that may have been similar to what happened to yours - there isn't a PS2 around anymore that isn't nearly a decade old, if not older.

Speaking of which, I miss the old days when all we had to do to get a game working again was simply blow into the cartridge in order to clean out the dust.

I'm not sure. My old memory card was malfunctioning, so I got a new one, and most of my games save just fine, but for some reason KH2 won't.

I would go ahead and order another PS2 version, especially if your daughter wants to play it. We still don't have a PS3 release date for 2.5 so it might be a long while before a PS4 version.

I'm not really in a hurry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back