• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Arcadia (AU Supernatural RP) [Always Open]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
Posted. I'd like to apologize for the short and poor post quality. I wrote it while working.

Should work on improving that next post ^ ^"

Last edited:

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Posted. I'd like to apologize for the short and poor post quality. I wrote it while working.

Nah, it was brilliant! :33

But oh man, I'm sooo tired. Somebody shouldn't have kept me up until midnight last night, I don't think I'll have the strength to even get on Skype today!

purgatory

Awards
This seems like an appropriate time to propose the question, but what exactly is "Section III"? The Promise originally mentioned this prior to joining, i'm just looking for more clarification.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
This seems like an appropriate time to propose the question, but what exactly is "Section III"? The Promise originally mentioned this prior to joining, i'm just looking for more clarification.

Section III is like the SHIELD of this universe, a cloak and dagger government agency which largely monitors malignant activity of the human and supernatural sort. They have been considerably downsized due to this demonic incursion, their numbers greatly reduced and scattered. Section III was originally going to be the protagonist force but I opted for the less organized Hunters.

nightmarezeroX9

Let's Get Down To Business
Nah, it was brilliant! :33

But oh man, I'm sooo tired. Somebody shouldn't have kept me up until midnight last night, I don't think I'll have the strength to even get on Skype today!
I'll save him the trouble of saying it.

If you don't get on Skype tonight, I'll murder you.

purgatory

Awards
Name: Oiri (Pronounced "Your' 're')
Species:
Malāʾikah - are a rare species of angel similar in creed to that of middle-eastern earthly civilizations house of faith. In particular Oiri is referenced as Laylat al-Qadr or "The Night of Power". malāʾikah act only in the good intentions and graces of their respective gods and follow instruction to an absolute. In the hierarchy of angel, Oiri would easily class at the level of "Seraphim".

Faction
: Angels

Weapons
: None.

Appearance
: Credit to Jan Von Eyck.

Personality
: Oiri is virtuous and spiritual. Underlying the contrary division of modern angels, Oiri's principles are old and non-textbook as it is a abhorrent construction of man. Principles are strongly admired by the angel and as such it will act only with tact, and necessary characteristics when given explicitly specific tasks. Much like the men that worship their "maker" she is not capable or blessed with freewill to defile tasks and orders, at least this was the case without interaction many centuries before. A more modern assessment of Oiri's tact is more relaxed, equally diligent and virtuous, but with some divination of free will and individuality as "insisted" by her maker.

Powers
: Prayer - Oiri imbues something known as invocation, prayer. By speaking to God through its own body, it tethers itself and acts as a gateway to divine power, in a sense it puts in for requests through prayer to be granted on the field of battle. The angel uses not light, but prayer to dismiss its enemies. Prayers themselves are time consuming and require some preparation, however the invocation times are usually short-winded but the delay is enough to leave the angel wide open. Examples of Oiri's prayer include

Humble Father of Oneness, grants me the wings to ascend
Deliver unto thyself flight, elevation with speed and mobility
Expose not the truth to mortal nor demon, holy alone shall bare witness
Keep thine unholy eyes wary of thine flight
Bless unto thine messenger, thy child, piety.

The prayers alone to perform consume time, but the effects are almost immediate, though enemies tend to notice this right away leading Oiri to pray while moving, thanks to Oneness outside distractions are minimal.

Purge - The power to relinquish the presence of a third party within another entity. Oiri's own palm and eyes can act to dismiss, purge, and alleviate the presence of a third party from another individual. This is practical in driving demons that have overshadowed humans out of their bodies. This is practical as well in revealing a demon's disguise. In application to Oiri's eyes the angel is able to portray before itself inconsistencies in both human and demon presence. The special brand of sight is capable of peering through the deception created by a demon's disguise. It is also an effort in instilling trust among humans, capable of discerning whether a person is being genuinely honest and truthful by discerning doubts and interpersonal afflictions.

Oneness - Oiri's connection to it's father and maker, as well as its brethren. It is a private line of consciousness instilled in its species, enabling communication on a cosmic line with its maker as well as its brothers. This is also to protect Oiri from eavesdroppers on a different channel, and simultaneously conceals its conscious and subconscious thoughts from all but the two parties stated. This offers the angel with an advanced form of concentration when enacting prayers, longer prayers however (3-4 stanzas) will take about the same time as short ones without (1-2 stanzas).

Charity&Greed - Oiri's final gift provided to her from it's maker, also its power to give. Charity is a supporting power and serves to function to help others and not itself. Charity is meant as a means to give back, doing so by healing even fatal founds, punctures, fractures. This is by means that are asserted as "rejecting time", and completely nullifies the traces of an event inflicted upon the wounded. Oddly enough this has never been tested on demons before, it is assumed to have the reverse effect and cause death instead. The contrast can be determined as "Greed". Halflings such as Nephilim, it has no effect on given the contrast of angel and demonic blood.

Bio: Optional. Well, I will say that Oiri is a very old Angel and her species is just as profound in heaven. There is a certain amount of contrast upon her coming into fruition that sets her and her brothers apart from other angels. Likely an ideal from past wars waged between heaven and hell, but Oiri is ever the serious a messenger of her Maker.

Misc:
-This character is built on the foundations of The Qu'Ran's interpretation of Angel's.
-The Class of angel is Seraphim
-Oiri herself is a combination in action of Archangel Gabriel and Raphael, rather their islamic counterparts.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Accepted! Welcome welcome, we have chips in the corner and Pierce is deejaying this party so request what you want to him.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Cole_by_doubleleaf.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
That's pretty badass Cort. I really like how your abilities compliment the next. Anyway, by the end of tonight I'll be posting Reforge in a form that few have ever seen before. Hopefully my idea doesn't fall apart as I work on him.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
I'll save him the trouble of saying it.

If you don't get on Skype tonight, I'll murder you.

-Brofist- See? He knows EXACTLY the consequence. Good thing I don't need to threaten it!

Hey, hey, hey ...hey. Stop it.

Stahp it.

-hug-

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The vagueness behind the whole "turning into light and gas" really grinds my gears since light can naturally travel at... the speed of light. This with the regeneration thing is rubbing me the wrong way, however with demonic beings I consider moderate regeneration a standard thing. Unlike the major regenerations where you change your whole form entirely! (pause for laughter). Anyhow he seems strong enough to be like high up there on the demon roster, so that's why the dark magic thing seems off-base for me.

Demons and magic oddly enough don't pair with me. It seems like the equivalent of a bodybuilder learning theoretical physics and alchemy, not so much as being a renaissance man just weirdly covering your bases as to not get caught off-guard. Change up the whole light thing and explain it more thoroughly and either get rid of the dark magic thing (because your dude is fine without it) or list everything he can and can't do with it.

So says Wolfe.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
The vagueness behind the whole "turning into light and gas" really grinds my gears since light can naturally travel at... the speed of light. This with the regeneration thing is rubbing me the wrong way, however with demonic beings I consider moderate regeneration a standard thing. Unlike the major regenerations where you change your whole form entirely! (pause for laughter). Anyhow he seems strong enough to be like high up there on the demon roster, so that's why the dark magic thing seems off-base for me.

Demons and magic oddly enough don't pair with me. It seems like the equivalent of a bodybuilder learning theoretical physics and alchemy, not so much as being a renaissance man just weirdly covering your bases as to not get caught off-guard. Change up the whole light thing and explain it more thoroughly and either get rid of the dark magic thing (because your dude is fine without it) or list everything he can and can't do with it.

So says Wolfe.

1. It doesn't say speed of light so he can't do so. Its as simple as that to me.

2. Doctor Who joke. I caught it and throw you a David Tennat.

3. Except he..can kill himself for even attempting anything magical but whatever floats ya Noah's Ark. <--- that there is a real man's joke.

4. Explain the neon power more thoroughly? It's pretty thorough on how it works. Idk how much that could be broken down before its Light Powers for dummies.

So responds Naruto

purgatory

Awards
Reading his neon powers again, its accurate. Actual Neon (Light) is described as an electric charge passing between chemical gasses trapped inside a cathode bulb. I would imagine this is replenish-able outside of not just demonic aura, but actual artificial light. The actual current when imbued with the gasses can give it a unique color or depending on the chemical the electrical current charges. His dash can also be seen (by definition) as a form of transmutation, where the entire body's composition changes to that of the elected material. I'd assume by simple terms, he becomes an intangible string of electrified gas, moving along at an abnormal pace as "speed of light" was not specified in particular.

As for Neon itself, it is a monatomic gas that is for the most part inert, but emits a bright glow when charged with an electrical current. Because it is a gas with an electric current passing through it, "heavy" and "light" attacks refer to the density of individual bursts when weaponized into bursts or beam-like applications. This is due to compression of the gas compacting itself and then emitted.

It makes more sense to treat a demon's qualities as a physical manifestation of their individual aura(s). I don't adorn the term "magic" in association simply because Aura is finite and replenish able through rest or consumption of perishables. This is just my opinion, but I treat everything I created for a species based on some kind of system akin to make the most probable amount of logic.

Was that a good enough explanation? My brother helped with...maybe 60% of that.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
60% is an exaggeration Sis. I only helped with 30% or so. Either way, that explanation should be quite understandable.

King Wolfe, get back to me about Reforge so I'm able to edit him accordingly, or provide further details if you desire them.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Going to wait on one or two more posts at least before I post again. Would prefer it be purgatory and/or CD-Man for obvious reasons.

Whenever you guys got thirty minutes to an hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back