• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I liked that they used the classis princesses, but...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blksabbath74

I liked the fact that they used Aurora, Snow White and Cinderella in BBS, however, I was a little dissapointed in their portrayal.

I would really have liked to see a little action/adventure thrown their way.

Many of the classic Disney Princesses/Characters have been developed along less traditional lines, such as Alice in the recent live action film, Snow White in Once Upon a Time and Snow White and the Huntsman, and even, to a lesser extent, Cinderella in Ever After and the Cinderella III cartoon.

Hopefully Aurora will get some development in the upcoming film Malificent.

If Disney is breaking their old stereotypes, it would be nice to see them include the classic princesses in that.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Well they were adapting the movies pretty closely, they really can't deviate too far from source material in this case. Now they they have the initial stories out of the way, they're free to play around more but keep in mind Cinderella for example is more fiesty and adventurous but someone like Snow White is just a pacifist. I want them to have more development too but not at the price of their established personalities.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well they were adapting the movies pretty closely, they really can't deviate too far from source material in this case. Now they they have the initial stories out of the way, they're free to play around more but keep in mind Cinderella for example is more fiesty and adventurous but someone like Snow White is just a pacifist. I want them to have more development too but not at the price of their established personalities.

Indeed, it wouldn't do much good just to throw them into the "strong independent women" role because the pre 60s mentality that was built into them is no longer a standard in our modern time. These movies and characters are quite old and based on fables that are even older. Nomura has some leeway with the Disney characters, but for the mot part, he tries to keep them true to their movie counterparts.

To be fair though, in KH1 the PoH did voluntarily stay behind at HB even with Ansem there to hold back the darkness so they get props for that (well, except for Kairi. The implications are lulzy...)

Mostly though, if Nomura wants the princesses to be involved in more sction, Disney has to act first/be okay with it.

blksabbath74

I would have preferred that the adventures weren't just run-throughs of the titled movies, for the most part, to be honest, but that's neither here nor there.

I also think that the princesses can be developed as more interesting without completely changing their characters.

Cinderella was given a more interesting role in Cinderella III, and Prince Charming even saw some action. Not combat, for either one, mind you, but action.

Aurora is almost entirely undeveloped because she spent most of the film asleep.

Snow White, I agree, would be tough...

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
At the very least, I think that the princess need more presence than they've had in any of the games thus far. Aurora and Snow White in particular need to at least interact more with the characters than they have thus far. Cinderella remains the only classic princess thus far to have truly meaningful interactions with the main characters (specifically Terra, Ventus, and Aqua) and have each of them learn something from her just as she learned something from them.

blksabbath74

At the very least, I think that the princess need more presence than they've had in any of the games thus far. Aurora and Snow White in particular need to at least interact more with the characters than they have thus far. Cinderella remains the only classic princess thus far to have truly meaningful interactions with the main characters (specifically Terra, Ventus, and Aqua) and have each of them learn something from her just as she learned something from them.

Yeah, I guess Cinderella has been pretty well developed, and has the most obvious vehicle for a good plot in Cindarella 3.

Aurora just sleeps and Snow White just screams and calls for help. There needs to be something more (in my opinion, at least).

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Plot Twist: The 7 Guardians of Light are actually the 7 Princesses of Light. It would suffice to make them more screen time. Note: This is not an actual thing, just wishful thinking to make the princesses have more spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back