• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Translating Datascape to Real World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blksabbath74

What exactly does it take to take something from the Datascape to the Real World, and is that why Malificent wants it?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
As far as I know, Maleficent did not intend to transfer anything from the Datascape to the outside world. It's that she wants to exert control over the Datascape itself and command the darkness contained therein, just like how she wanted to exert control over the worlds in KH1 by actively seeking the Keyholes.

blksabbath74

As far as I know, Maleficent did not intend to transfer anything from the Datascape to the outside world. It's that she wants to exert control over the Datascape itself and command the darkness contained therein, just like how she wanted to exert control over the worlds in KH1 by actively seeking the Keyholes.

So she just wants to use it as a battery? That seems short-sighted...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Not really:

Re: Coded said:
Maleficent: Rest assured, both worlds shall be mine before long. Once I have immersed this one in darkness, I can send my Heartless horde back into your castle!

One thing Maleficents wants to use the datascape for is as a base of operations and source for more minions, but that's only a stepping stone for her towards her true goals.

---

As for the OP-question, it would happen the same way as things from the "real" world go into the datascape, just going into the other direction.
In Tron: Legacy, Sam Flynn also took Quorra with him into the "real" world despite her originating in the computer system.

The reason I put "real" in quotation marks is because the notation of anything outside the datascape being the "real" world is flawed. The datascape, the Grid or Space Paranoids are not "unreal" or somewhat less "real" than all the other worlds out there, they are just accessed differently and since data beings can also grow hearts, there is virtually no difference between these worlds and the others anyways.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Well then, since Maleficent did enter the Datascape via the use of her magic, then it would probably only need a snap of the finger for her to send her minions back to the outside world.

I haven't played Re:coded, though, and I'm curious of one thing. If Maleficent succeeds in - for a lack of better word - "creating" her minions in the Datascape, would they be considered the same as their outside-world counterparts or are they simply a bunch of code? If they are just data, how would they take form in the physical realm? I know Quorra, who is an... algorithm, had gone through this before, but we didn't know how she gained a physical form, and if I remember correctly, she just did in the film.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well then, since Maleficent did enter the Datascape via the use of her magic, then it would probably only need a snap of the finger for her to send her minions back to the outside world.

I haven't played Re:coded, though, and I'm curious of one thing. If Maleficent succeeds in - for a lack of better word - "creating" her minions in the Datascape, would they be considered the same as their outside-world counterparts or are they simply a bunch of code? If they are just data, how would they take form in the physical realm? I know Quorra, who is an... algorithm, had gone through this before, but we didn't know how she gained a physical form, and if I remember correctly, she just did in the film.

That's also a possibility.

I'd say that is a question that is right now unanswerable, as to how they would take form in the physical realm...I'd say Disney magic.
Answering that question with a really grounded, elaborate explanation would be the same as to trying to answer how Naminé could exist in a real physical form despite having no body, Sora after Kairi restored him in KH 1 until Roxas re-merged with him, how the MCP in KH 2 could send digital Heartless into Hollow Bastion et cetera.

Especially the last example however already shows that it is possible though, so I dare to ask if a definitive explanation as to "how" it functions is really needed, lol.

blksabbath74

That's also a possibility.

I'd say that is a question that is right now unanswerable, as to how they would take form in the physical realm...I'd say Disney magic.
Answering that question with a really grounded, elaborate explanation would be the same as to trying to answer how Naminé could exist in a real physical form despite having no body, Sora after Kairi restored him in KH 1 until Roxas re-merged with him, how the MCP in KH 2 could send digital Heartless into Hollow Bastion et cetera.

Especially the last example however already shows that it is possible though, so I dare to ask if a definitive explanation as to "how" it functions is really needed, lol.

If they can do it in a live action, theatrical movie (2 actually) then they can do it in a video game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back