• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Battle of the Themes: Dark Impetus vs. L'Impeto Oscuro

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Do you think that the remix of Dark Impetus surpassed its predecessor?

I love both themes; they are amongst my favorites.

Honestly, I don't really know.

Dark Impetus is higher-pitched and faster-paced.

L'Impeto Oscuro is more haunting and dramatic.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Do you think that the remix of Dark Impetus surpassed its predecessor?

I love both themes; they are amongst my favorites.

Honestly, I don't really know.

Dark Impetus is higher-pitched and faster-paced.

L'Impeto Oscuro is more haunting and dramatic.

I love both themes as well, but over time, I have come to appreciate L'Impeto Oscuro more than Dark Impetus.

Also, have any of you heard of the mash-up version floating around on YouTube?

[video=youtube;4MmDnnM1fqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MmDnnM1fqw[/video]

Veritas7340

I love both themes as well, but over time, I have come to appreciate L'Impeto Oscuro more than Dark Impetus.

Also, have any of you heard of the mash-up version floating around on YouTube?

[video=youtube;4MmDnnM1fqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MmDnnM1fqw[/video]

Yes, I have; I love that mash-up!!

If they used that theme at all in KHIII, it would be awesome

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Nothing is better than the other. They are both of the same calibre and have their own stories to tell.

Dark Impetus is crazy frantic, which goes well with the nature of the fight; you fight against someone whom you don't know, was constantly in almost-God mode, and whose one hit could bring you down to whittling HP (seriously, it used to be hard to imagine that sound without the critical HP siren). L'Impeto Oscuro worked as a slightly, albeit ever so, toned down arrangement because you already know whom you were faced against, but it still retains the urgency of Dark Impetus which is appropriate considering Young Xehanort was the main final boss of the story.

The most important aspect is of course the violin solo, which is sort of like the "identity", the "heart" of the pieces. Once L'Impeto Oscuro reaches that point, you'll piece the puzzle together and be brought into a mind-blowing realisation that the Mysterious Figure and Young Xehanort are nothing more but the same person.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Nothing is better than the other. They are both of the same calibre and have their own stories to tell.

Dark Impetus is crazy frantic, which goes well with the nature of the fight; you fight against someone whom you don't know, was constantly in almost-God mode, and whose one hit could bring you down to whittling HP (seriously, it used to be hard to imagine that sound without the critical HP siren). L'Impeto Oscuro worked as a slightly, albeit ever so, toned down arrangement because you already know whom you were faced against, but it still retains the urgency of Dark Impetus which is appropriate considering Young Xehanort was the main final boss of the story.

The most important aspect is of course the violin solo, which is sort of like the "identity", the "heart" of the pieces. Once L'Impeto Oscuro reaches that point, you'll piece the puzzle together and be brought into a mind-blowing realisation that the Mysterious Figure and Young Xehanort are nothing more but the same person.

Agree wholeheartedly with the violin segment. It's kind of like an instrumental rock song with the guitar solo being the biggest essence of a song.

Also, the first time I saw the fight on YouTube and heard the same violin segment, that's when it really hit me as to who this guy really was. That was certainly one of the more interesting twists the game had to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back