• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Is Hayden Panettiere going to do the voicework for Kairi?

I think they need to get Patrick Warburton to do Mickey Mouse...

Your topic is about Kairi.

Also why when they have Bret Iwan & Chris Diamantopoulos to voice Mickey?

Actually, I'm going to move this exactly where it should have been.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I'm sure Hayden will be back for KHIII. The only reason she wasn't in re:COM and 358/2 Days is because Kairi had only a few lines in those games, and casting figured that it would be easier for them to just have Alyson voice those lines since she was already voicing Xion at the same time rather than call Hayden in just to record a few lines. As for Brittany Snow ever coming back, I highly doubt it. Meaghan Jette Martin has consistently been voicing Namine since re:COM, and quite frankly, Meaghan is a much better fit for the role than Brittany anyway.

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

If they brought another world based off old Mickey Mouse cartoons Chris could provide the voice of that Mickey.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm sure Hayden will be back for KHIII. The only reason she wasn't in re:COM and 358/2 Days is because Kairi had only a few lines in those games, and casting figured that it would be easier for them to just have Alyson voice those lines since she was already voicing Xion at the same time rather than call Hayden in just to record a few lines. As for Brittany Snow ever coming back, I highly doubt it. Meaghan Jette Martin has consistently been voicing Namine since re:COM, and quite frankly, Meaghan is a much better fit for the role than Brittany anyway.
Um, you say thats the reason she didn't come back, but she she came back from Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance and she had like 1 line for both.

That's very sad :(

If they brought another world based off old Mickey Mouse cartoons Chris could provide the voice of that Mickey.
Yes he could. I don't know why you're stating the obvious.

Awards

Because if you hear Mickey's voice when Chris is voicing him you could tell it almost resembles the way Walt use to voice Mickey.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

If Brett is unavailable, they will use Chris. This sort of thing, like Donald and Goofy's VA's, goes without saying.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

Um, you say thats the reason she didn't come back, but she she came back from Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance and she had like 1 line for both.

True, but the difference between re:CoM/358 and BbS/3D is that they already had Alyson Stoner doing voicework for Xion during the recording for re:CoM and 358/2 Days, so they just had her voice Kairi in whatever scenes she was in. For BbS, neither characters had a huge role, so they went ahead and just contacted both for voice recording, and Hayden alone was contacted for 3D (though I'm not sure why as Alyson was voicing Xion again in 1.5 HD Remix). Either way, I'm sure both are coming back.

WhinyAcademic

Awards

Saw an article about Leonard Nimoy today, showing him in a wheelchair with an oxygen machine. Smoking's bad, m'kay? Seriously.

Kinda scared now about him not being able to reprise his role one more time. No one else could do Nimoy justice as Master Xehanort. However, Nimoy's definitely got a lot of energy for an octogenarian, and if HJO thinks he'll start recording in the summer, Nimoy will be around long enough to do so.

Corey Burton definitely gave it his best shot at a Tony Jay impersonation. He does a mean Magic Mirror and Christopher Lee but I hope there is still someone out there who can pull off a better job at sounding like Jay.

I have doubts that Scar would be in this game, (my fingers are crossed that both Scar and Frollo were forcibly inducted into the Thirteen Darknesses like Isa was implied to have been, Scar being a bipedal Xehanort-looking lion now) but I'd much prefer Jim Cummings or Tom Kane to voice him over James Horan. Tom Kane especially impressed me as our favorite usurper to the throne (well, besides Loki).

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

Hopefully, Nimoy can reprise his role as Master Xehanort for KHIII. Actually, Mel Blanc was on oxygen when he recorded for Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and was still smoking, whereas Nimoy quit 30 years ago. I'm sure he'll be back for KHIII.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

I hope nothings happens to him, but I wouldn't worry that much. Despite Nimoy having a very unique voice, it can be imitated. You have no idea how many people can imitate his voice perfectly, especially with Master Xehanort since it relies deeply on the raspy throat factor. I've seen skits and fan dubs that had me fooled if it weren't for the credits.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I hope nothings happens to him, but I wouldn't worry that much. Despite Nimoy having a very unique voice, it can be imitated. You have no idea how many people can imitate his voice perfectly, especially with Master Xehanort since it relies deeply on the raspy throat factor. I've seen skits and fan dubs that had me fooled if it weren't for the credits.

Sound-alikes are everywhere, but I've never actually heard anyone impersonating Nimoy. Except the mannerisms, that is.

And just a little sharing: when playing DDD for the first time, I initially thought that it wasn't Nimoy who voiced Master Xehanort and that it was someone else. The vibes of his voice were slightly different than what I heard from his past performances as MX, Sentinel Prime, Spock, and William Bell. I was glad that it was really him upon seeing his name in the credits.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Breaking: Nimoy has Lung disease. Sadly that was to be expected from smoking.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Breaking: Nimoy has Lung disease. Sadly that was to be expected from smoking.

I feel like he mentioned this in one of his books when he first quit smoking because I feel like I knew this. Or rather I knew he was sick which first prompted him to stop smoking...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Reading one of his recent tweets made me sad. He said that he had quit 30 years ago, but apparently it wasn't soon enough. Well, toxins from cigarette do build up in the lungs and, even though one quits, will continue to damage them over time...

Here's to hoping for the best for him. LLAP.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Reading one of his recent tweets made me sad. He said that he had quit 30 years ago, but apparently it wasn't soon enough. Well, toxins from cigarette do build up in the lungs and, even though one quits, will continue to damage them over time...

Here's to hoping for the best for him. LLAP.

He was a heavy smoker, so he probably caused irreparable damage to his lungs. He's had this chronic disease since he was first diagnosed before he quit. If he had continued to smoke, he probably wouldn't even be with us today.

sonickenshin

Awards

Aw man, that's awful! >_O I wish for the best for him.

kingmickey88

Hi, it's been awhile since I have been on here. What's the news regarding voicing for 3? I hope Leonard can come back one last time. It would be fitting to this story and his career.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Hi, it's been awhile since I have been on here. What's the news regarding voicing for 3? I hope Leonard can come back one last time. It would be fitting to this story and his career.

Considering voice acting is one of the last things done, we have no news of anything and probably won't for years.

kingmickey88

Considering voice acting is one of the last things done, we have no news of anything and probably won't for years.
I don't think it'll take yrs. that's just speculating. I think at the very least we could know next year.
Anything rumors about Hayden or Gallagher.
is there gonna be a jungle book world by any chance?

Back