• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

Considering her powers, I would think she would be more useful as a controlling villian, like Malificent's Council of Villians, than a Heartless/Nobody, but I could definately see her being wooed.

I would actually like to see more Disney Villains, because Disney makes fantastic villains, and I would like to see them take a greater role.

Someone had mentioned Malificient and Pete taking over the Heartless to make their own power play against the Organization. I would love to see them put togther a new council of villains. There are alot of good ones out there.

Robin Hood would work, but I don't really see FF characters in Disney specific worlds. As far as FF characters go, I'd like to see them used well (like Leon. Yuffie and Aerith in KH1) or not at all. They are solid characters and deserve better than being stuffed in as an afterthought. FF9 DOES have some of my favorite characters, though.

I seriously doubt they use The Black Cauldron, as it is part of Llord Alexander's Prydain series. He was a pretty well-known fantasy author at one time, and his estate will have those rights. Considering how poorly that film did, and the royalties they'd have to pay Alexander's estate, I doubt you'd see it. Also, it is pretty much Tolkienesque High Fantasy, and Disney has plenty of other similar routes for generic fantasy; The Sword & the Stone, Robin Hood, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, ect.

Did you just say Elsa would be wooed into aiding villains? Elsa? We must have been watching different cuts of Frozen. Because there is no way Elsa would be wooed into anything. Elsa is too strong, smart and independent to be "wooed". Even Hans realized no one was going to come close to even hitting on her. Tricked? Yes, especially regarding her sister. But I seriously doubt she could be wooed into helping the Organization or Maleficent after one good look at them. I mean, she's not Terra, for crying out loud.

Ventus_

Awards

So, I actually haven't watched the film yet but many are calling Frozen the best Disney animated film since the early 90's (Lion King/Beauty and the Beast era). With such amazing reviews, I wonder what people would think of a Frozen world?

There's some precedent as well in terms of quick turn around, Pirates of the Caribbean was released in 2003 I believe, with Kingdom Hearts II coming out in 2005. No reason a Frozen world can't be made if Kingdom Hearts 3 is not out until 2015.

I too have yet to see the film, everyone managed to do so without me so it seems I will have to wait for the Netflix release though I have heard the same. Specifically that it's being called the best Disney animated film since 'The Lion King' and in case there are users here who are too young that was 1994! So it's a kind of a big deal for a film to be getting that kind of praise and unfortunately with the way Disney operates these days, they will indeed milk that popularity. Through KH however I am unsure. It would not surprise me. I am however unable to judge what the potential of it's portrayal is since I don't know the film.

I should probably watch Wreck it Ralph, from what I understand part of that movie's charm is that it's a bit meta and has a lot of cultural references? You think that type of style would fit in with Kingdom Hearts?

Personally I highly recommend it. The trailers can lack appeal if you're not into arcade games, it did for me but it turned out to be a very enjoyable film. It's a fantastic blend of an in depth story containing a powerful message told with silly, whimsical characters. I found it very well written and developed. The concept of the Sugar Rush game alone which is one of the main settings of the film was quite clever and something I could see being popular in an actual arcade. I bought the DVD as soon as it came out.

I'm honestly not sure how well I can see it fitting into KH (especially since the way it would likely be set up would be somewhat similar to the Tron world in KH2) but I certainly would not be opposed.

Last edited:

Ventus_

Awards

Referring back to the discussion of seeing more of Destiny Islands, this KHinsider screenshot page confirms that we will be returning to Destiny Islands, how much of it is the question.
Screenshots - KINGDOM HEARTS III - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Did you just say Elsa would be wooed into aiding villains? Elsa? We must have been watching different cuts of Frozen. Because there is no way Elsa would be wooed into anything. Elsa is too strong, smart and independent to be "wooed". Even Hans realized no one was going to come close to even hitting on her. Tricked? Yes, especially regarding her sister. But I seriously doubt she could be wooed into helping the Organization or Maleficent after one good look at them. I mean, she's not Terra, for crying out loud.

Having managed to see the film tonight thanks to my gracious aunt who found the time to take me during her busy day, I would like to respond to this.
The character of Elsa was very outcasted and isolated. She felt restrained by the encouragement she'd grown up with to hide her abilities. Hence why she felt like herself for the first time in her life when she fled to the mountains and created her ice palace.

"Wooed" is certainly the wrong word and forgive me but seriously? People in this century actually use that word!?
Elsa certainly would not be convinced to knowingly use her abilities for evil which is what that word suggests. If the person who used that word truly believes her evil I also must wonder what 'Frozen' they saw. Unless they accidentally misused the word? How could one miss how terrified she was of the harm she was was capable of causing with her abilities?

However I can see her being tricked into it. If the Villains told her that they came with an opportunity for her to be her gifted self and use her abilities for "something significant" I believe she'd go for it. In fact how she saw nothing but darkness inside herself is a concept I think KH can really do something with. I can see the darkness consuming her heart because of how most of her life she'd unknowingly closed it to the light. Thus perhaps Sora would have to battle a version of her quite like Riku in the first game's Hallow Bastian that isn't actually her and then upon being defeated the darkness is cast from her. So instead of destroying her in defeat Sora saves her heart and shows her how to undo her damage with the film's concept 'love thaws'. It would be a very unique boss battle.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Referring back to the discussion of seeing more of Destiny Islands, this KHinsider screenshot page confirms that we will be returning to Destiny Islands, how much of it is the question.
Screenshots - KINGDOM HEARTS III - Kingdom Hearts Insider

That actually confirms nothing as the screenshots are only from concept trailers. Stuff out of concept trailers rarely gets into the actual game. ;)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Aye, because it's just that: a concept. For all we know, it could have only been a showcase of what the graphics engine is capable of doing. I remember when I saw that trailer for the first time; I thought, man, Sora looks beautiful with the new graphics.

Even the presence of stuff that's in the game trailer doesn't necessarily mean that it will be in the final product. Remember KH2's trailer where Sora met the Organization at the Great Crest of Hollow Bastion? Or the one(s) more widely known, Wyvern and Behemoth in the battle against the thousand Heartless?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

To play the devil's advocate, Nomura's been able to work a surprising amount of elements from the concept teasers and beta trailers into the final products, though.

blksabbath74

Just because they woo her doesn't necessarily mean that she will be swayed, it just means they will make the attempt. That's a pretty big leap in logic. It wouldn't be the first time the Organization has attempted to recruit new talent, and wouldn't be the first time they were unsuccessful.

"Wooed" is certainly the wrong word and forgive me but seriously? People in this century actually use that word!?
Elsa certainly would not be convinced to knowingly use her abilities for evil which is what that word suggests. If the person who used that word truly believes her evil I also must wonder what 'Frozen' they saw. Unless they accidentally misused the word? How could one miss how terrified she was of the harm she was was capable of causing with her abilities?

However I can see her being tricked into it. If the Villains told her that they came with an opportunity for her to be her gifted self and use her abilities for "something significant" I believe she'd go for it. In fact how she saw nothing but darkness inside herself is a concept I think KH can really do something with. I can see the darkness consuming her heart because of how most of her life she'd unknowingly closed it to the light. Thus perhaps Sora would have to battle a version of her quite like Riku in the first game's Hallow Bastian that isn't actually her and then upon being defeated the darkness is cast from her. So instead of destroying her in defeat Sora saves her heart and shows her how to undo her damage with the film's concept 'love thaws'. It would be a very unique boss battle.

Woo - to seek to persuade (a person, group, etc.), as to do something; solicit; importune. Synonyms: petition, sue, address, entreat; butter up.

Also, are we forgetting that the Organization has successfully manipulated a number of very good characters? Riku, Terra and Roxas have all served the darkness in different ways.

Last edited:

Ventus_

Awards

That actually confirms nothing as the screenshots are only from concept trailers. Stuff out of concept trailers rarely gets into the actual game. ;)

Aye, because it's just that: a concept. For all we know, it could have only been a showcase of what the graphics engine is capable of doing. I remember when I saw that trailer for the first time; I thought, man, Sora looks beautiful with the new graphics.

Even the presence of stuff that's in the game trailer doesn't necessarily mean that it will be in the final product. Remember KH2's trailer where Sora met the Organization at the Great Crest of Hollow Bastion? Or the one(s) more widely known, Wyvern and Behemoth in the battle against the thousand Heartless?

Apologies, I'm no expert in this area.

Just because they woo her doesn't necessarily mean that she will be swayed, it just means they will make the attempt. That's a pretty big leap in logic. It wouldn't be the first time the Organization has attempted to recruit new talent, and wouldn't be the first time they were unsuccessful.

The poster who used that word seemed to believe they'd be successful with Elsa, they even called her a 'controlling villain' which is what I argued against. Elsa is in no way a Villain, there is a significant difference between being an ideal candidate for manipulation by villains and actually being a villain. Unless 'Controlling Villain' was meant in a puppet like way?

Also, are we forgetting that the Organization has successfully manipulated a number of very good characters? Riku, Terra and Roxas have all served the darkness in different ways.

Forgive me but while you have it quoted you seemed to have missed this entire paragraph of my post:

Shady said:

I suggested a concept in which Elsa was TRICKED (not wooed) into using her abilities for evil and being taken over by the darkness which I even compared with the Riku SL from the first game. I'm unsure how this was seen as forgetfulness that good characters have been manipulated by the Villains?

blksabbath74

The poster who used that word seemed to believe they'd be successful with Elsa, they even called her a 'controlling villain' which is what I argued against. Elsa is in no way a Villain, there is a significant difference between being an ideal candidate for manipulation by villains and actually being a villain. Unless 'Controlling Villain' was meant in a puppet like way?

I suggested a concept in which Elsa was TRICKED (not wooed) into using her abilities for evil and being taken over by the darkness which I even compared with the Riku SL from the first game. I'm unsure how this was seen as forgetfulness that good characters have been manipulated by the Villains?

I was the poster who originally used the word woo, I did NOT imply that it would be successful, and I don't really want to get into some sort of semantic arguement about the difference between tricking and wooing.

If you read my original post, you would we were brainstorming of ways in which the world of Frozen might be included in Kingdom Hearts, which DOES actually require the bad guys to be hatching some sort of plot there, right?

A poster suggested they would be trying to turn her into a Heartless/Nobody, like the Beast, at which point I suggested the alternative that they might try to recruit her into the Villain's Council.

Just friendly brainstorming, and then you insecure goobs basically attack me for mischaracterizing what a fictional character might or might not do. Real nice!

Fine, you win the interwebz, contratulations!!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Guys, calm the donk down. You're all over reacting.

roxaven

Sooo back to the topic of what worlds we look like to see in KH3. :)

I would also like to see A Bug's Life. I can totally see Sora, Donald, and Goofy helping out poor Flick trying to bring back some warriors to fight the villain Hopper and his gang of grasshoppers. Or maybe it doesn't have to be grasshoppers but it could be possible that he attained the power to summon heartless.The scene where the circus gang is being attacked by a bird, instead would be some flying heartless. And to the rescue comes Sora and some help from the circus bugs.

Actually scratch that maybe the bird doesn't have to be replaced by a heartless especially if Hopper might be controlling them. But this is just an idea of what could happen if there was a Bug's Life world. And for some odd reason I see leaf surfing or I think looks pretty cool to be flying on a giant dandelion.

KeybladeGuy

Awards

I already officially love this thread.

Worlds I'd like to see? The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, the norms basically.

Wreck-It Ralph is one I REALLY want.

DontDoubtDavid

An Emperor's New Groove world sounds like fun!

I'd also love to see a darker world. Tower of Terror or the Haunted Mansion sound like they could be a lot of fun (attractions, not the movies).

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i would love to see frozen world because of the setting and story fit perfectly with kingdom hearts also i would like to see wreck it ralph because that a also has a good story that fits with kingdom hearts also if they can do it i i would like them cameo from other games toy story need to be world far to long to not be in the series so it due and also the story might fit with kingdom hearts theme overall

If there are some returning worlds I would like to see area's that we never got to explore and just have it based on that.

Agrabah- Agrabah castle
Beast's Castle- Belle's Town
Atlantica- The surface world
Olympic Coliseum- A lot of Thebes and Olympus itself
Land of the Dragons- The imperial castle (We only went in 2 rooms) and Mulan's Town
Castle of Dreams- seeing more floors

Also Time travel is not a bad idea for Kingdom Hearts if it was to incorporate new worlds and old worlds with new stories. Plus it could introduce a new enemy called the Paradoxes, and it gives more reason not to meddle too much because the new gang are in the past, possibly during the events of previous adventures. But after the World's boss, a time keyhole would be sealed and time would be reversed to the way it was meant to be. Here are some world ideas.

Castle of Dreams: Based on Cinderella 3, The new gang would meet Aqua in the past and explore the Castle of Dreams and fight Lady Tremaine. Then Present Aqua would appear and try to warn Aqua about the future, but the leader refreshes the past and reminds Present Aqua that if time was changed, some friendships would have never been made, and tells her to think more about the how the future is going good, and to forget about the past.

Olympic Coliseum- This one talks about Hercules time when he was in High School in the TV show. We may see characters like Icarus, Cassandra, Adonis, and any other Greek mythology.

Cape Cuzet- From Talespin, where Baloo, Kit, and Becky are riding planes, while trying to avoid Don Karnage.

Pride Lands- Might talk about Timon and Pumbaa's side of the story in KH2 similar to Lion King 1 1/2, and seeing an appearance of Timon's mom and Uncle Max.

Timeless River- Well what else is there to say? It'd be like KH2, but with a young Oswald.

There might be a point where they go to the present worlds like Neverland or Atlantica, following their respective sequel's plot.

Meet the Robinsons- A change in pace where the gang goes to the future to get a special item or something.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Olympic Coliseum- This one talks about Hercules time when he was in High School in the TV show. We may see characters like Icarus, Cassandra, Adonis, and any other Greek mythology.

I actually disagree with this one. Hercules may be a goofy silly wacky movie, but the show is just completely out there with jokes all the time.. it isn't gripping enough for KH3. Maybe could've worked for BBS or Days, but KH3 deserves something a bit more substantial, especially with a world we've visited this many times.

We also shouldn't do Talespin if we haven't done Jungle Book.

KeybladeGuy

Awards

During the Events of BBS, Herc WAS a teenager. It revolved round Zack Fair's sort of rivalry with Hercules.

I've also wanted a Frankenweenie world, and once based off Oz the Great and Powerful.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

I always found it odd how they never followed the plot of Hercules,did all that happen already?Or are they just doing the plot in their own way.

Though i have always been hopeful that they were just saving it all for kh3,with the last gen systems i really doubt they would of been able to the pull off the scale of the movie,would the ps2 be able to even render the wind and lava titan to the point(System limitations?)where they were enjoyable boss fights?That's probably another reason why those 2 haven't shown up yet,though it's nice to see the rock titan getting close to his size in the movie.

Olympus coliseum is definitely my most wanted worlds to return just because of how much potential the world has,i hope to see Olympus coliseum name getting changed to Ancient Greece as well.

You have all these great area's we haven't been to Thebes,Mount Olympus,the forest place where the river guardian is(Another great potential boss fight),Phil's island,i can see Phil going there to train sora some more and bringing sora to Thebes seeing they are considered heroes now(Though not to him,has to prove themselves more or whateva)

Actually having Hercules as a party member,instead of a short team up(Another thing i wonder why it hasn't happened)Would love to see what their limit attack would be.

All the great Potential boss fights again,like the River guardian,Wind titan,Lava titan,Cyclops the other monsters in the movie,a boss fight with one of the Xehanorts on Mount Olympus with the gods helping(Oh man Sora Hercules and Zeus team up)...lol crazy stuff..also characters that have yet to show up like the fates and of course the other gods.

Though that is if the world comes back..though didn't nomura say returning worlds will also have new locations or something?Gives me more hope if it does come back that these areas would finally get added..free flow wouldn't be fun to use in Olympus coliseum if it continued being small.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Though that is if the world comes back..though didn't nomura say returning worlds will also have new locations or something?Gives me more hope if it does come back that these areas would finally get added..free flow wouldn't be fun to use in Olympus coliseum if it continued being small.

Given the beta gameplay trailer we've seen, I'd say it's probably really, really likely that Olympus is going to be in III. If that part of the game stays in, then we'll get proper-sized titans and mount olympus.

They've kind of shown some of the events from the movie, but Hades unleashing all the titans and taking over Olympus hasn't been shown, and that's kind of the crux of the film. Even when the titans have shown up in KH, BBS kind of hinted that they were replicas. Or at least the ice colossus definitely was.

Back