• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why would Claude Frollo ally with the Heartless??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blksabbath74

I mean, clearly, he is one of the most genuinely flawed and evil Disney villains, but I just don't see how is hatred of outsiders and those who are different would open him to the darkness and things that are even more inherently different than Gypsies and Hunchbacks.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The creatures were technically Dream Eaters (Nightmares specifically) in Dream Drop Distance. Frollo convinced himself these creatures were a divine power granted to him to get rid of the gypsies, so he wasn't afraid of them or concerned with their otherworldly makeup. Gargoyles decorate the cathedral, so he could have found the Nightmares reminiscent of them to a certain degree.

blksabbath74

The creatures were technically Dream Eaters (Nightmares specifically) in Dream Drop Distance. Frollo convinced himself these creatures were a divine power granted to him to get rid of the gypsies, so he wasn't afraid of them or concerned with their otherworldly makeup. Gargoyles decorate the cathedral, so he could have found the Nightmares reminiscent of them to a certain degree.

That makes alot of sense...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The man thought himself to be a messenger of God's will. The Nightmare Dream Eaters, to him, were sent from God to help pass out judgement to the infidels that would get in his way.

His brand of hatred bred fear within the gypsies and those who would not conform to his laws. Nightmare Dream Eaters essentially "eat" dreams, hope, and good, so the two were well fit with each other.

If the events of the world before it was plunged into Sleep were truly similar to what we saw in the world's dream of its final moments, I would believe that his hate of all things different could have just as easily attracted the Heartless to the world and he would have used them just as he did the Nightmare DEs.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
The man thought himself to be a messenger of God's will. The Nightmare Dream Eaters, to him, were sent from God to help pass out judgement to the infidels that would get in his way.

His brand of hatred bred fear within the gypsies and those who would not conform to his laws. Nightmare Dream Eaters essentially "eat" dreams, hope, and good, so the two were well fit with each other.

If the events of the world before it was plunged into Sleep were truly similar to what we saw in the world's dream of its final moments, I would believe that his hate of all things different could have just as easily attracted the Heartless to the world and he would have used them just as he did the Nightmare DEs.

That appears to be logical. The situation that may have led to the world being engulfed in the Realm of Sleep seems to serve as a reminder of what happens could have happened to Deep Jungle if Sora and company didn't take down Clayton.

Also, am I the only one disappointed that someone from the Final Fantasy side to assist him in there? This could have been the perfect opportunity to bring in someone like Sephiroth who appears angelic to supposedly come to Frollo's assistance claiming to be the "One-Winged Angel." When Sephiroth became dissatisfied with the exact direction that Frollo was taking, he would slay him with a Hell's Gate like he did in Final Fantasy VII to Aerith. Granted, it'll have to be edited out in a way to keep the E rating, but it could have been an interesting scenario...

blksabbath74

That appears to be logical. The situation that may have led to the world being engulfed in the Realm of Sleep seems to serve as a reminder of what happens could have happened to Deep Jungle if Sora and company didn't take down Clayton.

Also, am I the only one disappointed that someone from the Final Fantasy side to assist him in there? This could have been the perfect opportunity to bring in someone like Sephiroth who appears angelic to supposedly come to Frollo's assistance claiming to be the "One-Winged Angel." When Sephiroth became dissatisfied with the exact direction that Frollo was taking, he would slay him with a Hell's Gate like he did in Final Fantasy VII to Aerith. Granted, it'll have to be edited out in a way to keep the E rating, but it could have been an interesting scenario...

I don't know...I think Claude Frollo is one of the strongest villains in the Disney locker, and more than stands on his own, and even as a Villain, Sephiroth is too much of a loner to be working with much of anybody for long.

I would like to see Sephiroth used, though, maybe in Radiant Garden to make it more than just a collection of NPCs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back