• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Peas in a Pod

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardman

Theres actually no small green vegetable seeds here. :/ Sorry guys.

On to topic. Why, at the end of Chain of Memories, are these magical memory pods just lying around, waiting for use? Assuming their original purpose was a means of assistance for memory restoration? Namine just convieniently had these pods for Sora, Donald, and Goofy to hop into. I don't really understand why they were already there.

The only logical speculation I could provide is that perhaps they are eggs off sorts. What if they are where replicas are born? Which may call into question the method that Replicas are made.

I'll leave this up for discussion here, because I want to know what you all have as far as opinions go towards the use, origin, and how these pods are relevant. If at all. Yes, I realize that there may be more important details of the series we could discuss, but I love disecting every little detail of everything.

On to discussion!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Huh, I've never thought of it myself, but it's so tempting for me to say that the pods are dei ex machina. They are somehow conveniently located there and are present, or seemingly have come out completely out of the blue, to advance the plot. It's somewhat like how Kairi pulled a deus ex machina of her own by restoring Sora's Heartless into human form with her princess power.

I do realise that this is a lazy man's answer, though. It's just that at the moment, I can't think of a specific reason why the pods are there of how they are transported to Twilight Town (although the latter is probably not worth making too much fuss over), but I'm also interested in what other great minds in this forum have to say about this.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think they were man made, seeing as to how useless they would have been to Aqua. Maybe they were constructed by DiZ, he did work by planning ahead of time.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I always thought that Vexen had made them to study memories and other such scientific stuff.

This^
I just assumed they were the organizations handiwork since one of the things they were studying was memory.

Beardman

But then who's memory would they have been studying besides Sora's? There are more than one pod, and even more than for Donald and Goofy also. Each other's perhaps? Like how memories of their past lives are affected since they "don't have hearts."

Gram

Banned
Awards
But then who's memory would they have been studying besides Sora's? There are more than one pod, and even more than for Donald and Goofy also. Each other's perhaps? Like how memories of their past lives are affected since they "don't have hearts."
Who knows, the memory study also had to do with the replica program so the pods may have been for making/forming replicas as well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Probably for the Replica Program. I doubt it would have been their memories, and I'm almost certain Xemnas would have dissuaded them from studying themselves. They would have learned about the burgeoning hearts within them and that would have been counterproductive to Xehanort's plans.

I can imagine they'd study other people like the PoH if they were inclined to, maybe Ven if Xemnas had found him...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I wonder, could we call those pods smaller and somewhat "portable" versions of the Chamber of Repose? You are sleeping inside of them to help recuperate your memories, or rather, reposing in them. Am I the only one that sees this connection?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
If they're used for memory research then maybe they were Vexen's Replica making machines?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This^
I just assumed they were the organizations handiwork since one of the things they were studying was memory.

Thirded.

It was explained that the Org. used Namine in some sort of memory experiments but the details were never explained. My head canon is that the crystal pod, whatsitwhosit, was used during the experimentation on Namine and that's why it's just sitting there and why she knows how to use it.

Perhaps it was used to keep her confined as well. Another head canon of mine is that Diz and Namine slept in the smaller pods while in the mansion. The mansion basement has several other pods besides the ones SDG slept in and if you examine two of them it says that they were used but we never find out by who. It took me a while, but I eventually came to the conclusion that Namine and Diz slept in them instead of regular beds because the basement was the safest place to sleep. Between the mansion, while being out of the way, being a well known place that occasionally gets visitors and the Org. after them, sleeping upstairs probably wouldn't have been wise.

Since people can be monitored intimatly in the pods and it looks like it has some sort of stasis effect, my third head canon involving the pods is that not only were they used for experiments, but perhaps the Org. placed Namine is there to sleep. They make it a point to keep a close eye on Namine and have at least one person with her at all times. Putting her in stasis not only makes it easier for her to be monitored, but it reduces the chances of her doing something like running away while the Org. members are sleeping themselves or if they just get tired of dealing with her.

Lot o' head canon for them pods.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Wouldn't be cool if they did work like stasis pods? Maybe that's why Ansem doesn't appear that old.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Wouldn't be cool if they did work like stasis pods? Maybe that's why Ansem doesn't appear that old.

Sora grew while he was in the pod, though. Naminé grew also in that time (so if she was sleeping in one, it didn't affect her). Ansem is just fully grown, aging gracefully. lol

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
In KH2 when you read the details of them with Roxas it says stuff like "they don't look they been used in ages." Maybe they're built in for when the world gets changed to Castle Oblivion to help whoever may be left there to rest to regain their memories?

RoXi

If they're used for memory research then maybe they were Vexen's Replica making machines?

this is most likely it. In the secret reports in Days, it says Vexen was in charge of some replica program, which yielded Repliku and Xion

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
this is most likely it. In the secret reports in Days, it says Vexen was in charge of some replica program, which yielded Repliku and Xion

That's certainly not impossible. The mere fact that the pods were there in the first place seems to suggest that they might have been used for that and that Namine was able to use them to house the sleeping trio while they were getting their memories fixed.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Bump because I just found this:

Director's Secret Report Part II said:
IV. There are still many mysteries surrouding the Castle of Oblivion. Was the castle itself constructed by the Organization and was Namine originally a subject of the experiments going on there? Please tell us about the details of the Organization's experiments. Also, was the pod Sora entered somehow related to the experiments done byt the Organization? Was the pod in Twilight Town the same sort of thing?

In the end, the Organization's goal is to obtain the Kingdom Heart's of people's hearts and to fully exist. These Nobodies are called "those who don't exist". In order to assume a new existance, information about their own personal circumstances must first be gathered. A Nobody's main characteristic is that without a heart they use memories to form the parts of a personality and emotions. For them, memories have become an essential element. The birth of Castle Oblivion itself is still a mystery but before the Organization was born into this world it was there. The Organization discovered this castle. You should be able to make some guesses from the additional scenes this time, and be fairly quick to be able to tihnk of the next stage.

At the same time, Roxas awoke in Twilight Town, Namine awoke in Castle Oblivion. Afterwards, the Organization discovered Namine. The Organization thought of Namine's gift to manipulate memories as a way to resolve the actual circumstances surrounding each of their abilities and attributes. The memories of those who enter were used in the experiments on memories going on there. Above all else, the Organization's leader Xemnas was investigating the importance of memories. During these experiments, in order for these memories to be broken and then regenerated, those pods were made by the Organization. The pod Sora awoke from in Twilight Town and the pod in Castle Oblivion that Diz used in order to escape from the Organization's pursuit are the same thing. Also, there is an additional scene where Xigbar talks about the "true goal of Castle Oblivion" and when this particular scene appears, I think all mystery surrounding castle Oblivion should become clear.
source: Secret Report Interview Part Two - Even More KH Series Answers! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Welp, I guess that answers that.

I gotta say, I do find it a little interesting that the pods were even there in Castle Oblivion in the first place. Now I can see why. My only question now is how did Ansem the Wise smuggle them from Castle Oblivion to Twilight Town? Did Namine and Riku help any?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Eh I'd juggle them moving Sora's pod to Twilight Town as disney magic. (or literal magic)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I saw that quote a few weeks ago and I was like "well shit. There goes my theory".

For a scientist, AtW breaks more logic than Sora's hair. I've decided to take the route of blissful ignorance and chalk it up to Disney Magic myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back