• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Young Xehanort Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The Stormfall and Ends of the Earth aren't separate keyblades like Mickey does. The rainfell transformed INTO the stormfall after Aqua uses it and her armor to send Terranort back to Radiant Garden and likewise Terra's eathshaker changed into the ends of the earth after Xehanort possessed terra and cast terra's keyblade aside.

Before that they were keychains.

When I said different keys I figured that went without saying but I should have been clearer, I meant different manifestations of the same key. My point being that it's not far off to assume that Young Xehanort would prefer one keychain over his elder self's preference.

Who's to say: the Keyblade Xehanort summons in that form could be it in its original state, and later on Xehanort would create/earn/find/steal another keychain that better suited his stronger and darker personality.

(of course, the Key that manifests could be something unique as a result of Xehanort's scheme to blend his heart into others, I personally believe that's why some members joined him in the first place, in order to gain Keyblades of their own.)

Gram

Banned
Awards
Which I think is why YX is a vessel in the first place. Whereas every other Xehanort becomes MX physically (primarily), YX becomes MX spiritually. YX and MX are much like ignorance and knowledge: They exist in pairs. YX is ignorance that desires to become knowledge, but doesn't know what it is. MX is knowledge, so it's like YX wants to become MX.

A bit speculative, but something I've been meaning to dig into nonetheless.
Which only supports the point I was making. There's no doubt he is a vessel, but unlike the others, YX doesn't require norting as he already becomes MX anyway. There's nothing to change in him like the others.

When I said different keys I figured that went without saying but I should have been clearer, I meant different manifestations of the same key. My point being that it's not far off to assume that Young Xehanort would prefer one keychain over his elder self's preference.
What caused confusion is you was adding onto what solosis post about mickey having two seperate keyblades which isnt the same ad what you just posted.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Which only supports the point I was making. There's no doubt he is a vessel, but unlike the others, YX doesn't require norting as he already becomes MX anyway. There's nothing to change in him like the others.
YX is still not MX spiritually, though; just like every other Xehanort, YX has his own transformation to go through. Obviously, his is strictly spiritual. Whether or not that will amount to anything in the future is up for debate.

Gram

Banned
Awards
YX is still not MX spiritually, though; just like every other Xehanort, YX has his own transformation to go through. Obviously, his is strictly spiritual. Whether or not that will amount to anything in the future is up for debate.

But he WILL be, he doesn't need a MX heart fragment or to be norted because he is already Xehanort and will already become MX naturally.
Which is hardly like every other Xehanort.

Basically YX is already "norting" but naturally, he's becoming what MX is with time. Plus I highly doubt MX putting a splinter of himself WITHIN himself will have any effect since, despite difference of time and what they know, it's still the same heart.

The difference in time makes them different enough to YX to be a vessel but he's still the same man the end. Whereas the other vessels were different people that needed converting.

Bobizzle

Personally I still feel like MX is hoping to speed up the time process and somehow merge with YX so that they can be one and become a late 20's-early 30's Master Xehanort still in his prime.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Personally I still feel like MX is hoping to speed up the time process and somehow merge with YX so that they can be one and become a late 20's-early 30's Master Xehanort still in his prime.

I could see him doing that, somehow using YX as his main form in favor of his old body.

WarpChaos

Wasn't his whole point of wanting Terra's body because he was old? Does he not care about that anymore?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Wasn't his whole point of wanting Terra's body because he was old? Does he not care about that anymore?

Oh he still cares, one of the main reasons for all his schemes (besides the obvious kh lust) was escaping death. As to why he appeared again as geezernort in DDD is unknown though since we dont know how ansem and xemnas reformed or what the deal is with terra.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Oh he still cares, one of the main reasons for all his schemes (besides the obvious kh lust) was escaping death. As to why he appeared again as geezernort in DDD is unknown though since we dont know how ansem and xemnas reformed or what the deal is with terra.

For all we know, the MX we saw in DDD could have been not what Xehanort was reformed as upon Ansem SoD and Xemnas' defeat. He could have travelled through time himself.

In addition, YX's words about MX being his most future self could be interpreted in two ways: that MX had come from the frontmost point of time, or that he is simply the physically oldest Xehanort (as in the one with the greatest age). I personally think YX had meant the latter when he spoke of it; since Ansem SoD and Xemnas were splintered from Terranort as an apprentice, simple deduction results in that the reformation should have brought back Terranort into being instead of MX. This may not be 100% true, though, since as stated by Anagram, as of now we don't yet know what had happened to Xehanort upon, or after, his reformation.

Gram

Banned
Awards
No there can't be any later, "most future self" means exactly what he's wording it as. MX does have the oldest body but that wouldn't make him the "most future self" since MX himself is from the past.
YX's line can only mean that the MX we saw was from the future, the only question is why he's geezernort. Whether by choice or by force, at one point in the future MX seemingly abandons terra as his main host.

For the most part I think your right on the reformation that Ansem and Xemnas became the Apprentice again.

Nayru's Love

Awards
It could also be interpreted as MX being the most future self of YX, in that MX has stopped aging completely, and there cannot be a more future form of himself because of that. All of the other Xehanorts would simply be turning into that same man, with the same mind that hasn't aged.

It's like if YX had iOS 6, and MX had iOS 7; every other Xehanort would be installed with iOS 7.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Or he could just be time-traveling, since anyone who's time-traveling probably isn't aging at that moment (for obvious reasons).

Gram

Banned
Awards
That still would mean that the geezernort we saw is truly the "most future self" as in from the future rather than the past. Since the MX from bbs is a past version.

Nayru's Love

Awards
That still would mean that the geezernort we saw is truly the "most future self" as in from the future rather than the past. Since the MX from bbs is a past version.
If every other Xehanort is destined to become a clone of MX from BBS, then it makes no difference.

Gram

Banned
Awards
If every other Xehanort is destined to become a clone of MX from BBS, then it makes no difference.

It does make a difference because even the vessels that's been a seeker the longest time (braig since bbs) are still only "half-Xehanort". There's no way they'd all suddenly go Xehanort over the span of time between DDD and kh3 when Braig even hasn't completely turned over the past decade.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Unless Xehanort's cloning plan stops for god knows what reason, I think it's safe to assume they'll become complete Xehanorts in KH3. That being said, they're destined to become MX from BBS, and I don't think any of them can become a "more future self" of him because, in theory, MX hasn't aged since he left his original body. So far, it's my favorite explanation as to why he's managed to live to see KH3.

Gram

Banned
Awards
You keep going back to aging when this has nothing to do with if MX is aging or not.
I'm not saying they wont become MX but I'm pointing out there's no way they'd suddenly turn into him over night when Braig, the longest termed vessel, still isn't completely MX after a decade of norting.

The reason why MX has managed to stay alive is obvious, his original body has been discarded all this time. He hasn't been in his original body since bbs until he reformed in DDD, it's only logical his old self would still be a kicking.

Nayru's Love

Awards
You keep going back to aging when this has nothing to do with if MX is aging or not.
I think aging is relevant when it comes to figuring out the definition of "most future self," although that's more or less my own perspective.

I'm not saying they wont become MX but I'm pointing out there's no way they'd suddenly turn into him over night when Braig, the longest termed vessel, still isn't completely MX after a decade of noting.
Well our argument isn't over how or when they become the "final product," but what that final product truly is. I think that final product is MX iOS 7.

The reason why MX has managed to stay alive is obvious, his original body has been discarded all this time. He hasn't been in his original body since bbs until he reformed in DDD, it's only logical his old self would still be a kicking.
Let's carry this conversation into the Terra-Xehanort thread to make things easier, ya?

WarpChaos

You think since he is coming back as his old self, that he will fuse with KH or something to get a new body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back