• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destiny Islands - A Sleeping World?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
How is Destiny Islands a sleeping world, when Kairi gets sent back there after KH1 and the world isn't "remembering how it was"? Sora/Riku/Mickey/Donald/Goofy also go back to Destiny Islands in KH2, and it's still not a sleeping world, so how is this so?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Er Destiny Islands was never a sleeping world. When Ansem was defeated in KH1, the worlds that were destroyed were either restored or fell into the realm of sleep. Destiny Islands was one of the worlds restored

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yen Sid said that there were seven sleeping worlds that needed their keyholes unlocked to be freed from their slumber.

Worlds travelled to:
1. Destiny Islands
2. Traverse Town
3. La Cite Des Cloches
4. The Grid
5. Prankster's Paradise
6. Country of the Musketeers
7. Symphony of Sorcery

8. The World That Never Was

The bolded ones are definitely Sleeping Worlds, so that leaves either Destiny Islands and The World That Never Was. Since at the start of KH3D they unlocked a keyhole (after beating Ursula) I'd assume the seventh sleeping world was Destiny Islands.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yen Sid said that there were seven sleeping worlds that needed their keyholes unlocked to be freed from their slumber.

Worlds travelled to:
1. Destiny Islands
2. Traverse Town
3. La Cite Des Cloches
4. The Grid
5. Prankster's Paradise
6. Country of the Musketeers
7. Symphony of Sorcery

8. The World That Never Was

The bolded ones are definitely Sleeping Worlds, so that leaves either Destiny Islands and The World That Never Was. Since at the start of KH3D they unlocked a keyhole (after beating Ursula) I'd assume the seventh sleeping world was Destiny Islands.

The Destiny Islands we saw in DDD wasn't a sleeping world. At the beginning of the MoM exam, Yen Sid sent them back in time before Destiny Islands was destroyed. The scene when they were unlocking the keyhole was when they were entering the realm of sleep

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So then which world was the seventh sleeping world? Or did he mean the seven keyholes needed to be unlocked, counting the one from Destiny Islands? But he did say that the seven sleeping worlds needed to get their keyholes unlocked, so yeah... I'm still confused.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So then which world was the seventh sleeping world? Or did he mean the seven keyholes needed to be unlocked, counting the one from Destiny Islands? But he did say that the seven sleeping worlds needed to get their keyholes unlocked, so yeah... I'm still confused.

You unlock two keyholes in Traverse Town. One keyhole during the first visit and another keyhole during the second one.

Gram

Banned
Awards

As Swoosh pointed out Traverse Town has TWO keyholes which make up the total seven of the game. Destiny Islands was restored at the end of kh1, if it was still in sleep we wouldn't have seen it in kh2.

Destiny Islands was just the entry point for Sora and Riku since they was sent back at the moment it fell to darkness. The sleeping worlds are worlds that failed to awaken from slumber after being restored and as we see in kh2 Destiny Islands is fully restored.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's a bit off topic, but if I'm not mistaken, the second Traverse Town Sleeping Keyhole also acted as a gateway to the second set of worlds. Am I right in saying so? It's only after it was unlocked that Sora and Riku could progress to Country of the Musketeers and Symphony of Sorcery.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's a bit off topic, but if I'm not mistaken, the second Traverse Town Sleeping Keyhole also acted as a gateway to the second set of worlds. Am I right in saying so? It's only after it was unlocked that Sora and Riku could progress to Country of the Musketeers and Symphony of Sorcery.

That could be said of all the keyholes though as you can't visit other worlds till you unlock the first traverse town keyhole as well. They serve a duel purpose.

Plus the keyhole that appeared in Destiny Islands appeared when the island wasn't even a sleeping world but rather falling to darkness so the keyhole in DI couldn't have been the specific keyholes Yensid sent them to find.

Think of the DI keyhole like the one Sora summons in the DDD credits when he goes to thank the DE's, it serves as an entry to the realm.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Not to mention, Traverse Town is different from the other sleeping worlds. It exists where it's needed and didn't return to the Realm of Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back