• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Arcadia (AU Supernatural RP) [Always Open]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
The city of Arcadia: vast, beautiful and powerful. It is a symbol of strength and hope in a world where hope is an expensive luxury. Although it isn’t necessarily the center of the modern world, Arcadia is considered the Shining Civilization of the world. Millions of brilliant people mill about this diamond of a city, unaware of how important this place is.

In the ancient days, Arcadia was considered a utopian society. It was built upon the foundation of human civility and congressional cooperation. The city is an ancient symbol of power, it has been at the center of all the world’s greatness and failures, many heroes of old traversed through Arcadia in their odysseys.

It seems this tradition has not lost in the modern day, there have been several outstanding occurrences throughout Arcadia. Horrible blazes, freak lightning storms, mass disappearances, all of which have the same element attached to it; extraordinary people involved either as the perpetrator or the victim, all exhibiting similar qualities. Superhuman, as they have been recently coined as, seemingly ordinary people with extraordinary skills or qualities.

These superhumans exhibit a number of skills and qualities that the average human wouldn’t be capable of. Although an official catalog no longer exists (as the Hunters’ library has been destroyed) some of their abilities have been well-noted. These superhumans vary in many different ways, some of them align themselves to darker purposes, others align with the Hunters in other to pursue justice.

As the days and years pass by, more and more of these superhumans appear. Some of them operating covertly, some of them revealing themselves as openly as physically possibly. These appearances are not coincidental, the universe is rarely so lazy. A storm approaches, something earth-shattering, which can shake the entire foundation of humanity as a species.

And it is in these occasions where the ancients would rise. Stories, fairy tales, nightmares straight out of a child’s mind coming to life. Creatures of all walks of life, horrible things once considered myth by the modern man are more than real. To the average human, these things would all be categorized as monsters, the good and the bad. But we know better.

Angels falling from the sky, demons rising from the hellish depths, gods of old walking the earth, heroes like Hercules and Theseus being as real as you and me. All of this is converging in this one tiny, seemingly insignificant, city. War is coming, and before the barracks could be prepared, we’ll need to figure out how the sides divide.

The Story So Far

Monsters of all walks of life have been appearing all around the world, attacking indiscriminately but focusing harder on those humans or nonhumans of special abilities. It seems to be all converging on Arcadia, the attacks become more ruthless with time. Recently, however, there have been a counterattack rising. Superhumans banding together to combat the evil monsters. These heroes have taken up the mantle which would be refused by the saner man.

But would it be possible to defeat so much evil? The Cult of Lucifer rises, a culmination of the nightmares of every human since they first stepped out into the sun. They claim to follow an ancient prophecy which tells of the rebirth of the quintessential fallen angel and the destruction of all things good.

The Cult seems to be hunting superhumans specifically, sometimes they are merely hunted and killed, other times they are abducted and not seen for days, even weeks, on end only to turn up dead… their eyes burned out of their heads. No one seems to know why such a thing is occurring, not even the Angels of Old have a clue, or at least that’s what they tell us. The only previous force that could withstand the destruction of the Cult, the Hunters, are long gone, wiped out years ago by a demonic task force. There are a few Hunters out there, the ones that only barely managed to survive the horrific ordeal, but there aren’t a lot out there and whatever knowledge they had was burned away in the attack.

All that is made apparent is that the Cult seem to be specifically targeting superhumans, outright ignoring their ancient rivals, the Angels, and has been centered around the city of Arcadia. There has been an inauspicious word floating around… Eden.

Whatever they plan to do, it is obviously not good, can these superhumans and Hunters (at least whatever remain of them) rally together to stop this?

Setting

Arcadia:

The grand city of Arcadia stands as one of the exemplary representation of modernity. With a population within the millions and continually rising, this place is nothing to sneeze at. Although there have not been many advanced technological advances (that status is held by Alexandria) their research and development progress has been just as excellent.

It seems this city, from the beginning, was destined for greatness. Some cosmic or divine force had caused numerous of both grand and terrible events to converge on this unassuming city. Wars were planned and fought here, blood of millions were spilt there, and heroes of all kinds were born and died here.

The Cult of Lucifer originated from all over the world but have been converging on Arcadia to carry out their insidious plot. The city holds an ancient power, one, that if harnessed, will yield horrific consequence. The superhumans are quite commonly from Arcadia, it seems even greatness are born there.

The Combatants

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Rules:

1. Be cool man, that’s pretty simple
  2. Swearing and romance is fine, but keep it PG-13, eh?
  3. Obvious KHI rules apply
  4. Enjoy yourself! This is meant to be fun, if you have an idea for anything at all please present it to me! I rarely reject ideas, I’m open for anything, pretty much
  5. I understand real life is a priority but please tell me if and when you won’t be around, it’s fine you won’t get kicked, just tell me otherwise you will.
  6. With species you can be a superhuman, Hunter, angel, demon or anything you can think of. Refer to rule 4 with this, I’m literally open for anything, this is the time where you can come up with anything you want and expand on that in the abilities sections. Reality-warping, forms of invulnerability/immortality, and time travel are automatically banned unless you can present your competence to me.
  7. No skeleton templates. Just finish your temp and post it, there's no good reason to post a half-finished template, you won't lose your place in line.

Code:
Template:

Name: (Quite straightforward, what do you want us to call you?)
Age: (Any age, really, is fine, so long as you don’t require diapers)
Species:  (The common ones are angel, demon, human or superhuman.  However, you  can make up whatever species you like and roll with that,  it’ll be chill, really)
Faction: (Hunters, Cult of Lucifer, or Angels. If we get a good number of characters, neutrality will be fine as well)
Weapons: (Anything you want, from future tech, to archaic, to hextech)
Appearance: (I will accept a picture or a paragraph description, that means [I]four[/I] full sentences)
Personality: (About 2-3 sentences [I]minimum[/I], but don’t just list adjectives, get creative. Do the template first person if it helps)
Powers:  (I’m giving you a lot of liberties with this. As many or as  little  abilities as you want, you could even not have any, if you want.  But  refer to the rules for the limitations, if, however, you feel you  can  handle any of the banned powers pm me and we’ll hash it out)
Bio: (Optional, really)
Misc: (Anything else you wanna add, again optional)
Hunters

Name
AgeGenderSpeciesRPer
Dante D'Angelo
M
Black Mage
King Wolfe
Elyse Soleil
F
Red Mage
King Wolfe
Doa
F
Valiant
Peach-chan
Mayuka Ashford
F
Half-Angel
Prom-Prom
Aiden Ashford
M
Half-Angel
King Wolfe
John Winters
M
Human
King Wolfe
Claire Slevain
F
Half-Angel
Lumy
Sindile Vang
M
Human
SilentTrinity

Cult of Lucifer

Name
Species
RPer
Jet
??
M
Trickster
CD-Man2021
Blanca Del Ilsa
??
Transgender
Quadriga Diablos
purgatory
Vexil
M
Demon
Peach
Dio Ward
M
Hellspawn
Cort

Angels

Name
Species
RPer
Oriel
??
M
Angel
Brandy
Ty-Dex Le'Nell
M
Netherkind
Ubi
Oiri
??
F
Malāʾikah
purgatory

Last edited:

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
Looking Forward to this!
Expect my Template by this week-end :3

Harakuroi

I have no idea what I'm doing. Or what I got myself into.

Template:

Name: Gary Wordsworth

Species: Superhuman

Faction: Hunters

Appearance: Five foot eight, with a somewhat lean build. Frizzy, curly dirty blond hair and brown eyes. Has a tattoo of a Chinese character on the left side of his chest above his collarbone which he believed to mean “Hope”, but which actually means “Diluted”.

Personality: Essentially your Every Man -- he has good intentions and honestly wants to make this world a better place. He can’t stand distressed people, and is somewhat of a pushover -- if you really insist on something or has the slightest modicum of the ability to act, there aren’t many favours he won’t do for you just to avoid seeing you be upset. However, there are a few principles he holds close to heart, and he can be somewhat annoying stubborn when it comes to those. Principles like “I dun do evil shit.” and“People who drive slowly in the fast lane need to be castrated. Yes, even if they don’t have a penis.” He’s only recently graduated university, and has the painful optimism of someone who hasn’t joined society yet. Genuinely believes that everyone has the best of intentions and that no matter what difficulties come up, humanity will prevail. A huge button of his is people looking down on humanity.
Has struggled with depression previously, and still struggles with it now sometimes, but he hates worrying friends, so aside from his diary, no one knows about his struggles. His diary doesn’t detail where he went or what he did at all, it’s basically just a record of his internal monologue, for an hour every night.

Powers:I have a power in mind that I am uncertain of how to explain. I basically want him to have a subtle (and somewhat weak) mood-influencing power -- he inspires hope and loyalty in people.

Misc:He is currently financially dependent on his parents and in search of a job. His plans for his future, if this war thing doesn’t take up too much of his time, is to work for 2-3 years and do a Master’s Degree. He majored in Graphic Design in University. He has 2 siblings, an older brother, and a younger sister. The older brother (26) is currently working as a marketing consultant, and his sister (15) is going through highschool. His mother is a housewife/professional blogger on fun recipes, while his father is a travel journalist (essentially writing about vacation spots). He lives in a small, one-bedroom apartment on the outskirts of downtown, and owns a black cat (Wisp) as a pet.

Noel

Awards
I'll try to get a template up soon. With my story I'm working on, 2 other RP's, Swim, and school. I'm swamped.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
So, this is the reason why you were sending vms to many people asking them RP-orientated questions? Welp, I guess I'mma have to join. :D

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I have two character ideas and want to run them by you. First is a witch who can work either a hunter or as part of the demon's gang. The second is bringing back an old character named Jet the Trickster. I'll need to redo his mechanics, but he'll basically be using a deck if cards that will transform into weapons/spells. Just thought I'd get your input on those ideas. I'm pretty interested in this.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
I have no idea what I'm doing. Or what I got myself into.

Template:

Name: Gary Wordsworth

Species: Superhuman

Appearance: Five foot eight, with a somewhat lean build. Frizzy, curly dirty blond hair and brown eyes. Has a tattoo of a Chinese character on the left side of his chest above his collarbone which he believed to mean “Hope”, but which actually means “Diluted”.

Personality: Essentially your Every Man -- he has good intentions and honestly wants to make this world a better place. He can’t stand distressed people, and is somewhat of a pushover -- if you really insist on something or has the slightest modicum of the ability to act, there aren’t many favours he won’t do for you just to avoid seeing you be upset. However, there are a few principles he holds close to heart, and he can be somewhat annoying stubborn when it comes to those. Principles like “I dun do evil shit.” and“People who drive slowly in the fast lane need to be castrated. Yes, even if they don’t have a penis.” He’s only recently graduated university, and has the painful optimism of someone who hasn’t joined society yet. Genuinely believes that everyone has the best of intentions and that no matter what difficulties come up, humanity will prevail. A huge button of his is people looking down on humanity.
Has struggled with depression previously, and still struggles with it now sometimes, but he hates worrying friends, so aside from his diary, no one knows about his struggles. His diary doesn’t detail where he went or what he did at all, it’s basically just a record of his internal monologue, for an hour every night.

Powers:I have a power in mind that I am uncertain of how to explain. I basically want him to have a subtle (and somewhat weak) mood-influencing power -- he inspires hope and loyalty in people.

Misc:He is currently financially dependent on his parents and in search of a job. His plans for his future, if this war thing doesn’t take up too much of his time, is to work for 2-3 years and do a Master’s Degree. He majored in Graphic Design in University. He has 2 siblings, an older brother, and a younger sister. The older brother (26) is currently working as a marketing consultant, and his sister (15) is going through highschool. His mother is a housewife/professional blogger on fun recipes, while his father is a travel journalist (essentially writing about vacation spots). He lives in a small, one-bedroom apartment on the outskirts of downtown, and owns a black cat (Wisp) as a pet.

Accepted, welcome aboard :3

GUESS WHO'S BACKKKKKKKKKKKK

Yay! <3 *glomps*

I'll try to get a template up soon. With my story I'm working on, 2 other RP's, Swim, and school. I'm swamped.

No prob, it'll be awesome to see you join!

So, this is the reason why you were sending vms to many people asking them RP-orientated questions? Welp, I guess I'mma have to join. :D

I tend to go for the straightforward approach :3, looking forward to it. Oh and if you guys can help it, please, no skeleton templates. I won't decline it, but it just like gets me all hyped up then disappoints me when it isn't finished.

I have two character ideas and want to run them by you. First is a witch who can work either a hunter or as part of the demon's gang. The second is bringing back an old character named Jet the Trickster. I'll need to redo his mechanics, but he'll basically be using a deck if cards that will transform into weapons/spells. Just thought I'd get your input on those ideas. I'm pretty interested in this.

Both of them are good, man! As I said in the rules, anything is accepted (barring, of course, the banned powers but even then I would allow it if you show that you're good enough), this is your chance to invent whatever you want. There is little or no limitations unless I deem a power too over-powered, but then again we have bloody Angels and Demons, so yeah go for it!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Awesome. I'll have a temp up soon, but I currently don't have access to my laptop at the moment so it'll be at least another day or so. Also, two characters, yay or nay?

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Awesome. I'll have a temp up soon, but I currently don't have access to my laptop at the moment so it'll be at least another day or so. Also, two characters, yay or nay?

Brilliant! It'll be fun to have you onboard :3. You can make however many characters you want, as long as you know you can handle it.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Awards
Name: Doa
Species: Doa is from a race known as The Valiant.
Weapons: N/A

Appearance: Doa stands at a height of six feet tall. Her skin is a vibrant shade of dark blue, one of the more obvious indications that she is not human. The next dead giveaway would be her hair. The strands of her hair are a tad thicker than a humans, and they have a texture resembling that of silk. Her hair falls straight, smooth, and orderly down her back, stopping just above her waist. Her hair is colored a dark black. Doa has a strikingly beautiful face, with crystal clear silver eyes that are slanted in an ever so subtle manner, giving her a mysterious and alluring visage. She has a sizable bust, which is nearly always tied down by undergarments, Her body betrays the soft conditions that her face lays out, as she has the tone of a warrior. The curves of her body give off an aura of hardened power, giving her a presence that at times makes her appear taller than she really is. As for clothing, Doa tends to wear woman's business suits, always dark blue in color.

Personality: Doa is a cold woman, so cold that most people that know her are surprised she doesn't exhale a constant cold mist. She is very selective about who she associates herself with, as she regards those weaker than her as 'not worth her time.' To her power isn't everything, all that matters is that she has enough to never have to look up to someone. Depending on others is out of the question, as is helping others. She believes that if one cannot achieve their goals of their own strength, they are weak and not befitting of glory. Due to her own high standards for herself, she trains not only her body but her mind, as such she is highly intelligent. Doa is a woman with goals, with dreams, and there just may be no one else on the planet as driven as her.

Powers: Fortitude: Doa's body is much stronger than one might think. She has high muscle density, and is able to easily lift around 2 tons. Her body possesses a high tolerance for poisons, infections, and viruses, being able to either block out or quickly nullify threats. She also has a secondary nervous system, which uses a neuroconductive fluid, making her virtually impossible to paralyze.

Attacks/Abilities: Ki Concentration: By focusing her ki into certain parts of her body, Doa can expel explosive amounts of power. A tell tale blue aura will surround whichever part of her body she focuses her ki in, which can cover as much as her whole body to as little as the tip of her finger. The strength of her aura varies depending on how it is focused; The smaller the surface area covered, the more potent it is. This aura can be used as a type of ballistic barrier, exploding with bright energy when struck, or on the flip side, as an offensive weapon.

Prestige Cannon: Balling up her hand into a fist, Doa can launch balls of volatile energy at her foes. The size and therefore power of these balls can change, allowing her to fire in either a rapid format, or in slow powerful bursts.

Bio: Doa was brought to this planet on a slave spaceship. Now mind you, this ship didn't land, it crashed. For much of her childhood Doa had lived on this ship as a slave, treated as nothing more than cattle. Her parents had been killed before her, on her planet. They tried to save her, but they were too weak and hardly put up a worthy fight. As Doa suffered on board a space faring hellhole she went into a state of emotionless acceptance, that is until the day the ship passed over Arcadia. The slavers attempted to find more victims, but what they found was a planet full of powerful warriors. Their ship was attacked, and they crashed onto the surface of the planet. It was around this time that Doa became aware of the one truth this world needed. The strong prevail.

Misc: Theme: Blumenkranz

Last edited:

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
​Yooooo, guess who's back.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
​Yooooo, guess who's back.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Definitely accepted ^^

We need more villains ya'll, it'll be hard for a few baddies to take over the world in this state. Just Saiyan.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Is Section III a thing here or nay?

That's one of the things I severely debated on for the longest time. imo, the more complexity you have in a RP, the less appeal it garners that's why I sorta just made it simple as hell. You got your demons, your hunters, and your angels but left a LOT of room for creative freedom. So, yeah, it's a thing, if you want, no complaints here ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back