• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The World Ends with You

Wow, these mobile game concepts SE is throwing out are interesting and actually make me want to give them a try to see how well they're executed.

Live Remix is very well done and it plays similar to TWEWY, but with a lot of social game elements. As is KHx. They were both directed by Tatsuya Kando, director of TWEWY and a key staff member for the KH series. Definitely check Live Remix out if you have a iOS or Android device. (idk if the Android version is region free like the iOS version, though...)

and KHx is a web browser game so you can make a Yahoo JP ID and play it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

All hail our lord and savior of SE social games, Tatsuya Kando~

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Re: The Wold Ends With You strange video?

It's a social game for iOS and Android devices. Players choose to play as one of many familiar characters from the original game and join together in teams of 20 to be pitted against an opposing team. Over the course of a week, your team travels throughout Shibuya, defeating Noise to rack up points (there are more powerful opponents known as Ringleader Noise that grant more points). At the end of the week, the points are tallied and the winners of the Reapers' Game are announced.

In a nutshell, it's really very similar to Kingdom Hearts x[chi].

Well, that certainly clears that up a lot! It sounds super interesting! I have a dumbfone and am not sure what to get next. Still, I may buy a game system for a certain game, but idk about doing that with my phone. It sounds fun, but I just think mobile games are not as good an experience. I don't hate them, but I guess I just don't appreciate them yet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So is there a possibility that there will be a sequel to this game?

Artwork26.png

You tell me? :3

It gives you the achievement "A New Shibuya: viewed the super secret ending" when you play TWEWY Solo Remix and do all of the requirements for the regular secret ending.

(and i guess coco counts, though she is in live remix)

(and then many believe Neku's "See you in Shibuya" in KH3D was one way of saying "yah we're working on a sequel")

(and then Takeharu Ishimoto talent searching)

(but lord knows what SE is ACTUALLY doing...for all we know the game doesn't exist or was canned or something)

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards

Lol well thanks, that answers everything perfectly! But when was this information released? I really enjoyed this series back when I had a ds, days of fun but I haven't been able to play solo remix

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Lol well thanks, that answers everything perfectly! But when was this information released? I really enjoyed this series back when I had a ds, days of fun but I haven't been able to play solo remix

This was Aug 2012:

A New TWEWY Game? - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Also Brian Gray, one of the translators who worked on TWEWY and Solo Remix, gave us this treat

Not long after Ishimoto announced this:

Square Enix Holding TWEWY Vocalist Audition! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

And then since then there has been something of an effort by SE to franchise on the game.

A few months ago Ishimoto started another talent hunt for his band named after the Def March (The Death March) from the game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Wow, already a year after the possibility of a The World Ends With You sequel? I've been meaning to replay this game for like the 3rd time already. Sadly, I traded-in my copy to GameStop (which I wholeheartedly regret).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wow, already a year after the possibility of a The World Ends With You sequel? I've been meaning to replay this game for like the 3rd time already. Sadly, I traded-in my copy to GameStop (which I wholeheartedly regret).

You can get the game on Amazon. For awhile the game was out of print and rare to find but at some point in 2012/2013, they found more or printed more and were selling them on Amazon for a lower price.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

You can get the game on Amazon. For awhile the game was out of print and rare to find but at some point in 2012/2013, they found more or printed more and were selling them on Amazon for a lower price.

Yes, yes, thank you for the tip. I can see in Amazon that it is being sold less than $25. This game has a lot of replay value. I remember trying to get all of the Secret Reports but rage-quit after trying to defeat Megumi Kitaniji on the harder difficulties.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yes, yes, thank you for the tip. I can see in Amazon that it is being sold less than $25. This game has a lot of replay value. I remember trying to get all of the Secret Reports but rage-quit after trying to defeat Megumi Kitaniji on the harder difficulties.

I know that feeling. I remember trying to beat some blue Noise on Hard and I raged forever because I couldn't even though I had a good deck.

Megumi is so god damn hard xD

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I know that feeling. I remember trying to beat some blue Noise on Hard and I raged forever because I couldn't even though I had a good deck.

Megumi is so god damn hard xD

Hahah, yes, yes, even though one goes to sites such as GameFAQs for help to build an adequate deck for a specific battle, the thought of having to farm for points through battle or Mingling intimidates one's motivation. Dx But ironically, I did not have much problem with the Blue Noise harder difficulty encounters, just, like you, with Megumi.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hahah, yes, yes, even though one goes to sites such as GameFAQs for help to build an adequate deck for a specific battle, the thought of having to farm for points through battle or Mingling intimidates one's motivation. Dx But ironically, I did not have much problem with the Blue Noise harder difficulty encounters, just, like you, with Megumi.

It was only the one Blue Noise. I don't even remember which one now, but I remember dying a lot xD

Yeah, farming for points or even just farming for materials like Dark Matter was irritating. I got really lucky and found somebody at a convention who had attached all of the Black Planet pins + some other rare pins to their Mingle profile so I bought it from their shop and didn't need to get as much Dark Matter as I would have needed to unlock them.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I can't believe they still haven't announced a sequel yet.

It's pretty logical. Nomura has his hands full with FF XV and KH3. Everyone else, or at least the majority, of the people that worked on TWEWY are also working on FF XV. I'd hate it if they'd announce TWEWY 2 now, knowing that those 2 games need to be worked on first.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's pretty logical. Nomura has his hands full with FF XV and KH3. Everyone else, or at least the majority, of the people that worked on TWEWY are also working on FF XV. I'd hate it if they'd announce TWEWY 2 now, knowing that those 2 games need to be worked on first.

Not necessarily. TWEWY was developed by JUPITER and the last active project we've heard of from them is Pictlogica Final Fantasy.

It's worth mentioning that Tatsuya Kando, one of the directors of the original TWEWY as well as both Solo and Live Remix (the latter of which will be terminated in February), doesn't seem to have as much on his plate asides from overseeing the Success Inc. team with KHx.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

The World Ends With You 2 could be that video game that has us distracted until Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III are released.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Like Sign said, JUPITER developed TWEWY (there are a few people who left JUPITER and joined SE and now work in Osaka, though) Those people aren't working on FFXV at all. Maybe those who left JUPITER are working on KH3, but no not FFXV.

Also Nomura is just creative producer. While his role in TWEWY was extremely important since he helped to create the characters and build the concept, I think you should be directing your attention to Tatsuya Kando and Hiroyuki Ito (not the FF dev, the other one) who were the directors of TWEWY.

If a TWEWY2 were to come, you'd be hearing it from them. Maybe Nomura would be there since he already said he wanted a sequel, but let's not give all of the credit to him or reason the lack of a TWEWY2 on his projects.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Yeah, I honestly always mix up whatever role Nomura had for TWEWY and I remember back in the day reading on the box of TWEWY "from the people who brought you Kingdom Hearts" so I just put 1 and 1 together.

In any case, I guess I'm more okay with the idea of a sequel knowing that some of those who worked on the first one don't have much work atm. In the end, the only thing I want (and everyone else) is a fun game that gets as much care and work put into it as the original.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Welp, February is Live Remix's last month. In retrospective, the idea of an online, social and mobile game revolved on the world of The World Ends With You was pretty outstanding, but overall, Square Enix failed a bit on maintaining the idea. Overpriced microtransactions and not localizing it might have contributed to the game not expanding its base audience, possibly being the cause of its closure on this month. All in all, at least they try. Now let us see what they shall present to us TWEWY-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back