• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Beginner or Standard Speed Run

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Firework

Awards
The only trophies I need for the platinum for Re:com are Sora and Riku's Beginner and Standard play throughs. What I want to do is play through 2 of these 4 (one for Sora and for one Riku) now and then play the other 2 nearer to when 2.5 is released.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips or ideas on how to complete 2 of these campaign's as quickly as possible. I probably would play on beginner because that would help make things go faster.

Thank you all for your help!

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Without having it done, don't grind what so ever. Plus looking at the world map to plot the quickest route to the big rooms.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Riku's story is quite easy to speed-run through because you don't need to worry about cards and duels, if you're quick, will help you a lot in boss battles. In addition, the floor size in Riku's story tend to be really small compared to that in Sora's; that, and he usually only needs to go to just one story-related room (as opposed to Sora's three) before he's good to skedaddle from the floor.

As for Sora's speed run, well... I really don't have anything to advise you since I didn't bother doing it, sorry. I'm sure others can provide you with some.

TheSpaceMAN022

Riku's story is quite easy to speed-run through...
Really? I found Riku's story to be really difficult compared to Sora's. Just about every boss battle was a huge struggle for me. The main problem i remember running into is not being able to develop any good strategies because i couldn't change the order of the cards nor could i change the amount of cards he had in his deck or even which specific card he had. It was all done for me and it changed with every new world. I also had a problem with running out of cards. Did i miss part of the tutorial where it showed you how to customize Riku's deck or is the option really not there? I was also wondering how to use the short cut commands in CoM if anyone knows.

As for getting through the game quickly, the advice posted above is probably your best bet. I don't have any speed run knowledge.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Really? I found Riku's story to be really difficult compared to Sora's. Just about every boss battle was a huge struggle for me. The main problem i remember running into is not being able to develop any good strategies because i couldn't change the order of the cards nor could i change the amount of cards he had in his deck or even which specific card he had. It was all done for me and it changed with every new world. I also had a problem with running out of cards. Did i miss part of the tutorial where it showed you how to customize Riku's deck or is the option really not there? I was also wondering how to use the short cut commands in CoM if anyone knows.

The reason I believe Riku's story should be quicker is that you don't have to grind and level up to get a good deck. So the game doesn't punish you as much for trying to speed through since your deck is predetermine no matter your level. For Sora's story, I haven't tried it but I assume speeding through the game under the time limit (No clue what it is. I think it's 15h) will mean having a weak deck which will obviously hurt you when you reach the tough bosses. The beginner difficulty will help solve that issue, but having a small deck means sleights are less desirable and harder to consistently set up. Riku basically you lose out in strength which while isn't ideal, is manageable.

You can't change Riku's deck all out so you get stuck with what the game gives you which sucks in worlds like wonderland where you get like 15 attack cards.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

The option to customise Riku's deck is simply nonexistent. As I said, though, duels are your best bet when playing against Riku. Try to trigger it as much as possible if you can; just to put things into perspective, a successful duel depletes around a bar of Lexaeus' HP, and a three-card duel against smaller Heartless does a good deal of damage to your target and splash damage to those nearby.

If you're good at breaking cards, you might want to utilise sleights as well. Both Dark Break and Dark Firaga are good sleights, but I prefer Dark Break because Dark Firaga is only for a singular target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back