• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku Possession Confused?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UxSx

So when mickey was talking to master Yen Sid and said that "Xehanort did give up his body it was a version of him possessing Riku" I'm confused "Xehanort"-I'm guessing Mickey means Ansem, but i thought Ansem possessed Riku after DI fell to darkness? So how would that allow him to travel back to when DI fell to darkness if he possessed Riku after,"does it now allow him to time travel to anywhere Riku has been? And also how did he cast aside his body i thought he didn't even have a body to begin with when he possessed Riku wasn't he just a heart? Could someone plz sum this up for me.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
but i thought Ansem possessed Riku after DI fell to darkness?
He did.

So how would that allow him to travel back to when DI fell to darkness if he possessed Riku after,"does it now allow him to time travel to anywhere Riku has been?
Despite Ansem taking control of Riku, it does not allow him to time travel to any time/place Riku went to. The Robed Figure was able to travel back to DI because he was on the island at that time.

And also how did he cast aside his body i thought he didn't even have a body to begin with when he possessed Riku wasn't he just a heart? Could someone plz sum this up for me.
He cast his body away which then made him into a heart. When he possessed Riku, his heart went into Riku and thus he was able to become full-bodied.

I'm not too sure on these facts though, been a while since I paid attention to the plot lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So when mickey was talking to master Yen Sid and said that "Xehanort did give up his body it was a version of him possessing Riku" I'm confused "Xehanort"-I'm guessing Mickey means Ansem, but i thought Ansem possessed Riku after DI fell to darkness?

Xehanort's Heartless is Ansem: Seeker of Darkness. Call him what you will, but yes Xehanort's Heartless possessed Riku in Hollow Bastion.

So how would that allow him to travel back to when DI fell to darkness if he possessed Riku after,"does it now allow him to time travel to anywhere Riku has been?

No, he can time travel anywhere where a form of himself, Xehanort, exists. So theoretically from the time Xehanort's Heartless possessed Riku in Hollow Bastion in KH1 to just before Riku's heart was cleansed of the remnants of Xehanort's Heartless in KH2, he could have travelled to any of those events in between.

This means he had over 80 years of time he could travel to.

The Robed Figure was on the island at the time not because he time travelled there, but because he actually went there.

And also how did he cast aside his body i thought he didn't even have a body to begin with when he possessed Riku wasn't he just a heart? Could someone plz sum this up for me.

That was why he could time travel. The body cast aside was his body as Apprentice Xehanort. Once he split his heart from his body (creating the two entities known as Ansem: Seeker of Darkness/Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas) he could time travel.

UxSx

Despite Ansem taking control of Riku, it does not allow him to time travel to any time/place Riku went to. The Robed Figure was able to travel back to DI because he was on the island at that time.

So Why does it ever matter when ansem possessed riku? When Mickey was explaining to Yen Sid that Ansem could go back to DI if Ansem was already there without having to get riku

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So Why does it ever matter when ansem possessed riku? When Mickey was explaining to Yen Sid that Ansem could go back to DI if Ansem was already there without having to get riku
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean.

UxSx

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean.

Sorry Lol I'm bad at explaining things that make sense so i try my best.
In Dream Drop Distance at Yen Sids Tower(during Riku story) Mickey and Yen Sid were talking a little about Lea wielding the keyblade then it shifted over to sora and riku and Yen Sid said Xehanort knew what he was planning and said xehanort would have needed to have been at DI when it fell to darkness(You explained that to me) and goofy was sayin couldn't he just travel back to when it happened. Then Yen Sid was explaining the time travel thing. then mickey said "oh no Xehanort did give up his body it was a version of him possessing riku" then Yen Sid was in shock........so why was it worth mentioning riku's possession if ansem was already there from the start without riku? Hope that make sense sorry again

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think Mickey just meant there was a sentient form of heartless Xehanort hovering around Riku and Sora at the time of the first game before he gained human form, and if that was the case not only could he have possibly been to the islands at the time but time travel to the realm of sleep.

Gram

Banned
Awards
As Tinny pointed out. Mickey was pointing out that Ansem, did in fact, give up his body at one point and it was that version of him possessing riku later in kh1. Which meant that Yen Sid's conviction Xehanort could not travel in time or to the sleep realm was false and that Sora and Riku were very much in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back