• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Night of Fate (OOC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Night of Fate - Trial Run (OOC)

Does everyone need more time to post? I'd rather not squeeze everything into one weekend if it would help the roleplayers to space out their posts more. I'll be traveling this next week, which means I'll have less opportunities to post and advance the story anyway. If it would help, we could extend this final stage to the following Monday, Nov. 4, and bring this trial run to a conclusion then.

Let me know what you guys think!

Rien said:
As for Gavin's hand, to clarify what it does, what he touches he can alter the density of, making things lighter and heavier and handled, its not meant to be used for anything practical, but its 1 of a 3 piece armament I worked on for him.
Thanks for the details. Are we going to get any explanation for why he suddenly found himself with this strange new 'armament'?

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful

Well, I know I've been busy with things the last couple of days; so I haven't even had a chance to post even once. So, as long as everyone else is okay with it; I wouldn't mind it being extended to Nov. 4th, and Dream's all for the extension too.

Kazem

Well, technically speaking, I could attempt to squeeze my character's journey in two posts, one today and another tomorrow, which shouldn't hurt too bad since it's a journey taken alone. But an extension really wouldn't hurt, so my vote would be a yea for the stretch.

Regardless, a post shall be made sometime today.

EDIT: And indeed, a post has been made.

I honestly don't quite think that my characters are complete until they get tormented at least once. Its like a rite of passage for them.

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

Does everyone need more time to post? I'd rather not squeeze everything into one weekend if it would help the roleplayers to space out their posts more. I'll be traveling this next week, which means I'll have less opportunities to post and advance the story anyway. If it would help, we could extend this final stage to the following Monday, Nov. 4, and bring this trial run to a conclusion then.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for the details. Are we going to get any explanation for why he suddenly found himself with this strange new 'armament'?

From the previous post I made where Gavin embeds what appeared to be a black prism about the size of a human head into his body while in his "dream-like state". Essentially it was just another tool or conduit of darkness similar to the keyblade being a conduit for magic. The prism that is now embedded into his body is how he was/is able to manifest that gauntlet covering his left hand. Oddly enough the shape is a result of Gavin's personality (as I recall mentioning he's a parkourist, and the glove serves as his designated landing hand).

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

I agree, I think it's better to extend this last stretch rather than write everything in a hurry. As long as the story is still moving, no sense in rushing it. I'll set the end of the chapter on Nov. 4th.

I honestly don't quite think that my characters are complete until they get tormented at least once. Its like a rite of passage for them.
I'm glad... I'm not a character of yours?

It makes sense, 'we know not ourselves until tested by adversity' and all that, but still... glad I'm not any of your characters.

From the previous post I made where Gavin embeds what appeared to be a black prism about the size of a human head into his body while in his "dream-like state". Essentially it was just another tool or conduit of darkness similar to the keyblade being a conduit for magic. The prism that is now embedded into his body is how he was/is able to manifest that gauntlet covering his left hand. Oddly enough the shape is a result of Gavin's personality (as I recall mentioning he's a parkourist, and the glove serves as his designated landing hand).
Ah, I see. I hadn't connected those dots.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful

Alright, got a post up; not to sure how it came out. Although, that's not the reason I'm posting on here; I just wanted to let people know that Mana being under attack by a Heartless is being used by Dream to trigger a new ability for one of her characters. So, um, yeah, please don't have any of your characters react to it! There's a special propose for it! So, thanks for your cooperation! :)

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Hey guys. Thanks to everyone who has posted at least once on the thread. I'll send PMs out soon to anyone who hasn't yet. I still hope to get the story past this trial run by this coming week, so everyone should be moving their characters to the vortex or to their deaths.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

You may have noticed in Eternal Dream's last post, Kisara now has a Keyblade. This is not by chance. A few characters have been 'chosen' by the Keyblade(s), and I've already contacted those roleplayers. Other characters will not be receiving keyblades, but everyone proceeding in the story will have some role to play.

EDIT: Coincidentally, all three of my Keyblade wielders posted in quick succession. To clarify then, these are the only characters at this point who will be wielding keyblades.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Apologies for the silence on my end, everybody! Rest assured that I have a post on the way—if Hidden doesn't mind waiting a few hours before posting tomorrow. I'm trying to condense what should have been two or three separate posts into one...

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

Umm... *really wants to sneak in two more posts herself to tie up plot for Kismet* Be back in a bit! *runs off to do a seriously neglected post for Traces*

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Apologies for the silence on my end, everybody! Rest assured that I have a post on the way—if Hidden doesn't mind waiting a few hours before posting tomorrow. I'm trying to condense what should have been two or three separate posts into one...

Umm... *really wants to sneak in two more posts herself to tie up plot for Kismet* Be back in a bit! *runs off to do a seriously neglected post for Traces*
As long as people are still posting, I'm fine with the delay. It's if we go another week with only a few players putting up a post that I get antsy. I'll post the ending for Kismet as soon as I think all the key players are in place and ready.

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Wow! So those last two 'deadlines' sort of raced by, but people are getting close to the vortex now, so I went ahead and posted... and there's a Darkside waiting for you when you get there. You're welcome.

Like I said, I'm just waiting for all the characters to get into place (and that place is either dead or taking on the Darkside), then we'll move on. I'm in no rush as long as people are posting and having fun, but let's plan tentatively for next weekend for that to happen--I'm excited to start the next chapter of the story.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Well, I finally dragged my rusty anchor of a post ashore...
Power outages made my last writing session a little fragmented, so the final paragraphs are hardly up to snuff.

Still, three more characters are now in position -- and that is more important by far.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

That does it for Gavin, I attempted to end with some manner of finesse, but the darkness proved to be an inconclusive end.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

That does it for Gavin, I attempted to end with some manner of finesse, but the darkness proved to be an inconclusive end.
It reads well to me, Rien.

I think if we're still missing characters by the end of this weekend, I'll go ahead and move them to the vortex so we can get to the next stage of the roleplay. I'll contact the remaining players via pm so hopefully there is no problem with this.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

*is losing patience with herself because of her chronic procrastination tendencies* I'm taking my laptop with me to work so I can start typing. I've got an idea, but someone keeps running off because they know what's coming...

EDIT: Okay, just clarifying a few things. 1. It ended up longer than I meant it to, so I apologize for the. 2. Sorry about procrastinating so damn badly. 3. To me, it came out melodramatic, so I think it killed the mood some. Another apology here. 4. Kisara's at the vortex, my brain just decided to lazy out on me, and only let me know after the fact that her being at the vortex was going to be implied instead of physically shown. 5. I've got plans to explain things, so just be patient in regards to some of the WTF parts of the post, namely the wolves and the dragon.

And now, after the randomness of THAT shit, I'm gonna take me and my headache to bed. 'Night!

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

I have to apologize for making a big deal about getting all the characters into position by Thanksgiving weekend, then not posting anything for the entire week following. The usual excuses apply, family, trips, unexpected things coming up in the schedule, but I'll do my best to get a post up this weekend. Thanks everyone for your patience!

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

Okay, had to sneak one last post in, tiny though it may be. And even though I had a brief convo with Hidden on this, I'm still expecting a quick PM from him later. Anyway, random, work, bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back