• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Out of the blue, the latest issue of Famitsu Weekly greets us with a brand new interview with Series Director Tetsuya Nomura. He takes the opportunity to relay some more information regarding the two recently announced and most anticipated titles in the series, Kingdom Hearts 3 and HD 2.5 ReMix.

Although the scans have yet to surface, various members of the community have begun posting the important bits and pieces. Zephyr has translated them below. We'll update this post as more information surfaces.

Tetsuya Nomura:

"These attractions, which is currrently in development, are the evolution of KH3D's Flowmotion and they can be selected according to particular enemies. These are a small portion of these new elements." 

"In Kingdom Hearts 3, Sora learns three new abilities. Two of which are special abilities and one that changes the Keyblade. It has the motif of Disney attractions, the Keyblade changes differently depending which Keyblade is equipped, and the special abilities, evolved from KH3D's flowmotion, are activated depending which enemy it is."

"We are working diligently to brush up 2.5 much more than 1.5."

"The trailer we showed of Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't its true quality and we will continue to update it. Sora has three new skills and they are categorized into two parts: Changing the Keyblade's form and abilities that reflect attractions. The Keyblade style changes according to the Keyblade equipped."

Source: aibo_ac7 | zaregoto_od3 | remoon

Edit: It appears that the interview is actually just a brief message. SQEXGAL has translated it in its entirety, available below and on her website:

It’s a privilege to be apart of today’s event, the first D23 Expo Japan. The last time I stood in front of fans was for the premier presentation of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, so it’s been a long time. I was moved by everyone’s excited response. If I have the chance I’d like to do this sort of thing again.

I wanted to put out the information for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 and Kingdom Hearts 3 quickly for those who couldn’t attend, so we made the trailer public online. Since they’re both still in production, the trailers are short, but I hope that fans enjoy them. We are brushing up Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 even more that 1.5, even the staff is doing their best to improve it as much as possible.

Also, this is the first time that KH3 was shown using in-engine footage, but it’s not in a condition where viewers can fully grasp it. We’re going to improve the quality much more still after this. In the trailer you see 3 of Sora’s new moves, and they demonstrate the 2 attack systems, the first being Keyblade transformation. The Keyblade transformation is different for each Keyblade, and the battle style changes as well.

The second is the Disney attraction inspired Attraction Flow. Attraction Flow is an evolution of Kingdom Hearts 3D’s Flowmotion. With Attraction Flow, you can choose which move you want to use against which enemies on the spot, and even during an enemy outbreak you control Sora’s attacks. These new actions are just a fraction of Kingdom Hearts 3′s new components, so please wait for information hereafter.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

Those are... an evolved Flowmotion?

I don't completely understand how that happened.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Yes yes yes 2.5!!!

The keyblade changing to what keyblade your using sounds interesting! =D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I really hope no one takes that to mean "we're adding in a whole lot of new things".

Tesku23

since im currently in the process of studying the japanese language i am for sure buying KH 2.5 in japanese. im so excited for both games!!! ill prob take off the whole week from work just for KH III. we've all been waiting sooooo long for this game. and i think its going to blow our minds away. i feel like the worlds will be so much more open and free roaming. i can def see a 2015 release as well. and if im even more better at my japanese than i am now. ill def buy KH III in japanese as well.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

The rides are an evolved form of Flowmotion? What has Flowmotion been taking, steroids? @_@

Probably what he meant is that it's the evolution Flowmotion in that you can attack while maintaining fluid movements, only on a much grander scale? There's too little to draw information from right now, but from what he said, it seems that the rides could be different for different types of enemies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I really hope no one takes that to mean "we're adding in a whole lot of new things".

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THEY'RE ADDING IN A WHOLE LOT OF NEW THINGS!!! CONFIRMATION!!!! [/sarcasm]

So are the attractions like the Reaction Commands of Flowmotion then? Because with Flowmotion depending on the enemy, Sora and Riku reacted to them differently (bigger ones could be thrown, smaller ones just hit normally)...

I also love the idea of the transformation being keyblade dependent because this finally make all keyblades viable post-game depending on what they change into for certain enemies ^_^

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Sora learns how to change his keyblade? So thats why he was wielding guns in the trailer.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Changing the Keyblade's form and abilities that reflect attractions. The Keyblade style changes according to the Keyblade equipped

Thank you Re:coded!!!!!! *u*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Mm, that Keyblade command styles and changes remind me of Re:coded's Keyblade overclock system and BBS. This I like mucho

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

hopefully sora will be able to transform his keyblade into weapons other than machine guns :)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

hopefully sora will be able to transform his keyblade into weapons other than machine guns :)

He very likely will be able to. It'd be a shame if every single Keyblade can only transform into a gun. I'd like to see a Whipblade, because we haven't seen a single whip in the game. XD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The rides are an evolved form of Flowmotion? What has Flowmotion been taking, steroids? @_@

Probably what he meant is that it's the evolution Flowmotion in that you can attack while maintaining fluid movements, only on a much grander scale? There's too little to draw information from right now, but from what he said, it seems that the rides could be different for different types of enemies.

Co-Director Tai Yasue always described KH3D's Flowmotion as "Kingdom Hearts on steroids."

I wonder what that makes KH3 then.

axel95

Awards

Co-Director Tai Yasue always described KH3D's Flowmotion as "Kingdom Hearts on steroids."

I wonder what that makes KH3 then.
KH3 will be like Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Sammy Sosa combined into one awesome, over the top game!

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Only things I ask for:
-BBS's improved camera will actually be an improvement
-No sound glitches or glitches in general
-Re:coded is not as disjointed as Days and maybe some action scenes too

Avoid the obvious problems I.5 had first.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Yay, unexpected news~

Nomura said:

What does this mean? [/doublerainbow] *u*

TepidShark

Awards

I would guess it means they are putting a lot more effort into the Birth by Sleep remastering then they did for Chain of Memories.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I would guess it means they are putting a lot more effort into the Birth by Sleep remastering then they did for Chain of Memories.

They learned a lot from their experience with 1.5, so things (like Luap mentioned) are probably being taken into consideration.

It's going to look even better than 1.5 did.

I know, hun.

Javelin434

Awards

Unexpected news is... unexpected. And with 1.5 out, I'm guessing that the bar has been raised in terms of standards and expectations for 2.5. Can't we all just be happy that we got an HD remastered version of 3 games all crammed into one disc, on one platform and not complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back