• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coded Promising?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHRULER

Awards
When I had it,well it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. I hope this will be promising.What will even be different in Final Mix?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It's just going to be cutscenes, like Days was in the first collection. Which I think is kind of a step down for this game in comparison, since the gameplay is by far the most enjoyable part about Coded. I still did enjoy the more simple story, and I am hoping they make some nice scenes. Also, I think maybe this one will flow nicer than the Days cinematic, since they seemed to acknowledge it didn't really?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Sadly since it's just scenes I can't really state how promising it will be since it's gameplay was the funnest aspect. (my fave system so far)
Though if they include the lighter tone and joking attitudes of data riku and sora it will be a cinematic worth sitting through.

Pepper_123

I know this is only going to be cut scenes but you guys all seemed to have played it, so would it be better to buy the game as well or just wait for the cut scene release?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I know this is only going to be cut scenes but you guys all seemed to have played it, so would it be better to buy the game as well or just wait for the cut scene release?

Re:coded's main appeal has and always will be the gameplay so personally I would recommend getting the game on DS. If you don't particularly care for that aspect, waiting for 2.5 would be fine.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I am horribly biased because I actually really like Re:coded and its gameplay (really inventive and each style is a homage to another genre or gameplay system)...but if you just have no interest in Re:coded in general, you're better off with the cutscenes.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Luckily, Re:coded is shorter than Days so it might work a lot better as a movie than Days did.

Still, I agree with everyone else about the battle system. I had so much fun playing it so some magic will definitely be lost.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Sad it won't be playable (not that I was expecting it), but -

I'm actually looking forward to the lighter fare dynamic that coded cinematics will offer. KHII and BBS can get pretty melodramatic. This might be more comparable to a Disney animated short in that regard. Really hoping it flows more like one cohesive movie too.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't care much for coded nor did I find the gameplay to be above average so I`m not that upset about it not being playable

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't care much for coded nor did I find the gameplay to be above average so I`m not that upset about it not being playale
I think you missed a lot of the wonderful aspects of it then, which is a shame.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Luckily, Re:coded is shorter than Days so it might work a lot better as a movie than Days did.

Still, I agree with everyone else about the battle system. I had so much fun playing it so some magic will definitely be lost.

I second this notion. I enjoyed the Days theater, but it felt more like a TV mini series when it came to length.

And to the person asking about whether or not Re:coded is worth it, I say yes. I enjoyed it a lot. It's like playing a miniature BbS with the command deck, and the leveling system makes way for some interesting playstyles... All of the varying mini-game battles are pretty fun too!

Gram

Banned
Awards

I agree with the others, it's definitely worth a play. I enjoyed it gameplay out of all the handhelds and found it the most balanced.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
what were these so called "wonderful aspects" that i apparently missed?
The story is well written and the character development/interactions are top notch. Journal Riku and Data Sora have a really well fleshed out story which is so strange because they're not technically Riku and Sora, but it works. It's not fair to dismiss it just because the overall story is taken from KH1.

And it's fine to dislike the gameplay but it was actually ingenious how they implemented the different kinds without making them feel out of place. Coded was a well done little game that isn't given enough credit.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The story is well written and the character development/interactions are top notch. Journal Riku and Data Sora have a really well fleshed out story which is so strange because they're not technically Riku and Sora, but it works. It's not fair to dismiss it just because the overall story is taken from KH1.

And it's fine to dislike the gameplay but it was actually ingenious how they implemented the different kinds without making them feel out of place. Coded was a well done little game that isn't given enough credit.

I didnt care much for data sora or data riku. There were just kind of meh. The story while decent i suppose still wasnt nearly as well written as COM. and i honestly didnt think gameplay really wasnt anything all that special

Coded really didnt do anything for me and its my least favorite game in the series next to kh2. The only thing I liked about it was the secret ending in recoded.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Thankfully they should be better prepared. When they decided to turn Days into a "movie", they already had a majority of the cutscenes done. Because they were going to make a game, they didn't make any gameplay cutscenes because they expected it to be that... gameplay. Then when they made the switch they decided to omit it.
Because they learnt this lesson, they should be able to make something that flows better in Re:coded.

I didnt care much for data sora or data riku. There were just kind of meh. The story while decent i suppose still wasnt nearly as well written as COM. and i honestly didnt think gameplay really wasnt anything all that special

Coded really didnt do anything for me and its my least favorite game in the series next to kh2. The only thing I liked about it was the secret ending in recoded.
Well you certainly missed out on the charm of the game :<

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I would recommend getting Re:Coded on the DS because the many different gameplay types is fun and since I like all of the friendship stuff I thoroughly enjoyed the story as well. :p

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Ditto. The gameplay & story was refreshing some how, I think largely due to it not be as story heavy as past games like days or bbs.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
^ Ditto. The gameplay & story was refreshing some how, I think largely due to it not be as story heavy as past games like days or bbs.

Yes that's a good way to describe it. The story was simpler but after all that happened in the other games it was a nice break.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yes that's a good way to describe it. The story was simpler but after all that happened in the other games it was a nice break.

Exactly, the scenes between characters was more lighthearted and enjoyable as well. Namely data sora and data riku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back