• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something I've Always Wondered.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryaneden

How do think Triton knew that Sora and co where from diffrent worlds? And how the hell did he know about the Keyblade and the Keyhole?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Well the way they acted and not being too sure what was going on in Atlantica was a big tip off to Triton. And the Keyblade has a legend but the details of his knowledge we're not sure of. Most people hoped we'd learn something in BBS but that didn't happen.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Maybe Aqua, Terra or Ventus or hell even King Mickey told Triton off screen? Maybe?

Terra, Aqua and Ven were never in Atlantica. Mickey would have no reason to tell him anything, and as a king and wielder, he understands the importance of protecting the world order.

ryaneden

Terra, Aqua and Ven were never in Atlantica. Mickey would have no reason to tell him anything, and as a king and wielder, he understands the importance of protecting the world order.

Well i did say off-screen. and i was just wondering it myself.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well i did say off-screen. and i was just wondering it myself.

My point is, what reason would they have to go there? They can do a lot of things offscreen, but supposing they went to a world to solve a plot point that requires no explanation is unnecessary.

The point is that Triton knows about the Keyblade. How he knows about it doesn't really matter, nor does it matter if he learnt this information from an existing character.

Sorry about that then. You posted it on the forums in the form of a question, which people would assume was meant to receive an answer.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe Aqua, Terra or Ventus or hell even King Mickey told Triton off screen? Maybe?

Probably not. There are a lot of things they could do off-screen, but there would have been no reason to and without anything being shown or told to us, we wouldn't know.

Triton does rule the seas, so I wouldn't be shocked that in his lifetime he's met a Keyblade wielder or has heard the legends himself that have spread through the worlds.

ryaneden

Probably not. There are a lot of things they could do off-screen, but there would have been no reason to and without anything being shown or told to us, we wouldn't know.

Triton does rule the seas, so I wouldn't be shocked that in his lifetime he's met a Keyblade wielder or has heard the legends himself that have spread through the worlds.

True that's kinda always what i thought that his status as ruler of the sea that he's heard a lot of things and seen a lot of things.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I just figured what tipped Triton off to sora and the keyblade was when Goofy lets it slip their there to "find the keyhole".

Knowing of keyblades and his worlds keyhole, this would obviously tip Triton off to their true origins.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
My point is, what reason would they have to go there?

Terra and Ven have no reason to go there, but Aqua should go there...because I WANT TO SEE MERMAID AQUA! THAT'S WHY! lol Yeah, sadly, I don't know how Triton knew about it and it seems like we won't know (at least for a very long time) but it'd be cool as a throwback if Nomura revealed it somehow :p

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Terra and Ven have no reason to go there, but Aqua should go there...because I WANT TO SEE MERMAID AQUA! THAT'S WHY! lol Yeah, sadly, I don't know how Triton knew about it and it seems like we won't know (at least for a very long time) but it'd be cool as a throwback if Nomura revealed it somehow :p

Can I second you on the part that Aqua should make an appearance as a mermaid? Wait, let me get something to stop the nosebleed.

In a more serious note, I can't think of any other reason as to why Triton knew of the Keyblade other than that he had heard about the legends some time in the past. The seas he rules are vast, and always do have contact with landmasses, so chances are that he found out during one of his, um, royal visit to other parts of the ocean.

That is, of course, assuming that there's a landmass beyond Atlantica on which Keyblades are known of.

Loxdani

In Kingdom Hearts lore all the separate worlds were once one with people that could wield keyblades. As a king it is just knowledge past down the line from the time when Atlantica was part of the greater pre-keyblade war world. Triton only knew the generic information about the keyblades as either a bringer of chaos or good, in which he thought Sora was bringing chaos. Odds are he had a confrontation with Xehanort during his keyblade apprentice days. It does say that Xehanort traveled around the worlds after loosing to Eraqus to being successor to their master.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Odds are he had a confrontation with Xehanort during his keyblade apprentice days.

I doubt this, triton wasn't willing to welcome Sora until he stopped ursula and he's not friendly towards a small boy I doubt he'd be MX.

Loxdani

I doubt this, triton wasn't willing to welcome Sora until he stopped ursula and he's not friendly towards a small boy I doubt he'd be MX.
My point was Triton trusted Xehanort once got betrayed so he was reluctant to trust another keyblade wielder. If Triton met someone like Eraqus before why would he not trust someone like Sora. see my point. We may never know how Triton came to know what he knows I was just trying to be creative here in the context of what we know.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe the rulers of the worlds have this "secret" information passed down. It seemed as if the Emperor in The Land of Dragons knew something about heartless/nobodies, so I'm assuming he probably knows more about the nature of their world? It's probably something that all rulers of worlds are told when they come into control. We're not certain how Hades knows about keyholes (it could have been Maleficent or not), Jafar was definitely Maleficent, same with Ursula, Tarzan/Clayton didn't care, The Queen of Hearts is too self-absorbed to care, The Mayor of Halloween Town is useless, and The Queen of England was never featured on-screen in KH1.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ It's certainly possible some rulers know things. Triton knew enough to the point he was aware what the keyhole was, where it was hidden and what could happen if it's bothered.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^ It's certainly possible some rulers know things. Triton knew enough to the point he was aware what the keyhole was, where it was hidden and what could happen if it's bothered.

Exactly, Triton being hostile (or rather: wary) of the Keyblade Wielder can solely stem from his knowledge about the Keyhole of his world. He doesn't need to have met other Keyblade Wielders before (although I wouldn't have minded if we had got to see TAV in merfolk forms) in order to be wary, as legends of the deeds the Keyblade can do may have spread around the worlds at least in the ruling circles.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
More than likely, he met one of the Keyblade wielders from a far away part of the universe. Nomura did say there were some, after all. Personally, I would have loved if TVA would have met him in BbS, but sadly that didn't happen.

But who knows? Maybe we'll learn more about all of this someday. Especially if the next Saga ends up being about eliminating wielders, like a lot of people want it to be. Maybe they'd delve more into Triton's earlier words about it then. I would actually really enjoy that, especially because his perspective on them has somewhat changed, after having met Sora.

Also, I'd just like to point out that the Genie also seemed to know about Keyblade wielder's (it's in a text bubble scene at Aladdin's house). It wouldn't surprise me at all, if the Genie was around during the Keyblade War (since he's more than ten-thousand-year-old), and I really hope they touch on that someday.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
No wielders would have had to have even met Triton for him to know about it. Monarchs typically grow up with the best education. This knowledge was likely passed down to him. He's also extremely conservative of his own world and interactions with human beings, so sequestering and assuming everything is dangerous is the best way for him to keep his domain safe.

Also, I'd just like to point out that the Genie also seemed to know about Keyblade wielder's (it's in a text bubble scene at Aladdin's house). It wouldn't surprise me at all, if the Genie was around during the Keyblade War (since he's more than ten-thousand-year-old), and I really hope they touch on that someday.

I think I remember that? It would be interesting to potentially explore an Agrabah further in the past than BBS with original characters that had heard of the magic lamp and wanted to use it to find/open/obtain the power of Kingdom Hearts.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Exactly, Triton being hostile (or rather: wary) of the Keyblade Wielder can solely stem from his knowledge about the Keyhole of his world. He doesn't need to have met other Keyblade Wielders before (although I wouldn't have minded if we had got to see TAV in merfolk forms) in order to be wary, as legends of the deeds the Keyblade can do may have spread around the worlds at least in the ruling circles.

Exactly, knowledge of the keyholes alone would be enough to make any ruler wary or antagonistic towards a keybearer. He wouldn't have had to have meet a keybearere before to be hostile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back