• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Debut Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
So, who thinks they're going to make Mirage Arena an online thing?

Personally, I find it more likely that they'll scrap the online idea and just make it a single player world. However, the idea of implementing online multiplayer is a big marketing ploy nowadays, so it may actually serve in their favor to make it online.

At the same time, online multiplayer has become something of a gimmick these days ever since developers thought it was mandatory to have an online mode after it became so popular, and thus people aren't instantly sold on a game if it includes online. So, it could go either way.

I, for sure, would be spazzing out from pure joy if they decide to make Mirage Arena online. There weren't many people playing BbS around when it was first released in where I live, so I never really played co-op with or versus against other players. To be able to experience it in PS3 is an experience I will welcome with arms spread wide.

If, though, it no longer supports multiplayer, then too bad... but I can still cope with it. Going solo through the matches was a very challenging, yet very satisfying, experience that I wouldn't mind reliving. It's just like Olympus Coliseum's Sora-only mode after all, and it's certainly doable and far from boring (unless you keep losing. Sweet Swirlix, that goodness-forsaken Iron Imprisoner IV took me more than 10 tries to beat in Critical).

That said, I'm leaning toward the "yes, online, please" side. I hope they really make it happen, because not doing so is... somewhat a waste of the potential that the Mirage Arena possesses. That's my opinion on this.

Ten

I am really looking forward to this! 1.5 has really been fun and I can only imagine this will be more of same.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I, for sure, would be spazzing out from pure joy if they decide to make Mirage Arena online. There weren't many people playing BbS around when it was first released in where I live, so I never really played co-op with or versus against other players. To be able to experience it in PS3 is an experience I will welcome with arms spread wide.

If, though, it no longer supports multiplayer, then too bad... but I can still cope with it. Going solo through the matches was a very challenging, yet very satisfying, experience that I wouldn't mind reliving. It's just like Olympus Coliseum's Sora-only mode after all, and it's certainly doable and far from boring (unless you keep losing. Sweet Swirlix, that goodness-forsaken Iron Imprisoner IV took me more than 10 tries to beat in Critical).

That said, I'm leaning toward the "yes, online, please" side. I hope they really make it happen, because not doing so is... somewhat a waste of the potential that the Mirage Arena possesses. That's my opinion on this.

Oh God. Mirage Arena on Critical will destroy me. I remember trying to get the Ultima Weapon and I gave up trying because I couldn't take it, knowing I would have to do it two more times with the other characters, so I gave up. And that was on Proud Mode.

Not this time though. I'm in for a painful time. And here I thought that getting Platinum on KHFM and Re:CoM was going to be a pain. Getting them on 2.5 will kill me, lol.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Personally, I find it more likely that they'll scrap the online idea and just make it a single player world.

Nooooo. This is a great opportunity for the larger KH audience to finally interact with eachother in a title. Depending on it's successful implementation, they could grow upon that for KHIII. Also, I really like the idea of playing some aspect of BBS with friends. I never did go through the trouble of doing the Mirage Arena adhoc. Being on the PS3 could make the process more fluid.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I had a ton of fun playing Mirage Arena online with other friends (both the arena modes and the verses modes) so I really hope they make a return in this. In fact, I actually remember one of the only problems I had with BBS' multiplayer was that it was local-only, so you couldn't just play with whoever you wanted to. This could fix that issue if they choose to keep the multiplayer.

I have no idea if they will or not considering this is just an HD collection. Probably not, but it would be awesome if they did.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Maybe it's just me or maybe I just haven't seen KH2 or Re:Coded in awhile, but those promotional images look nice, but I don't see too much of a difference compared to their original versions (I can see some though). BbS though YES!!!! Those graphics (even if they aren't as good as they will end up) are amazing, though that one obvious kink in Aqua's arm-dress-thing is getting to me.

IDK cause more time to play as Aqua!!!!!!

On a side note, I'm very curious what will happen with Mirage Arena, I guarantee you if it isn't online, it will hurt the game since I bet most people are expecting it given on the PSP it had it. Not just Mirage Arena but the Command Board just isn't all that fun playing alone (sure it's fun to start to unlock everything but after you get everything, without people to play it with, there is no draw to replay it with AIs...at least not for me). I did get the chance to play it online with KHi members through the PSP + PS3 system which was fun so I definitely hope it returns and while I know it won't happen, I'd enjoy certain commands not be so broken <_<

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
c7qPQql.gif

I could get a PS3 for this and 1.5, but my plans are to get a 2DS to keep up with the handhelds I missed :U oh well. what matters is IT'S HAPPENING

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They have everything to gain if they add an online mode for Mirage Arena. SE is aware of the huge pull multiplayer games have...If they want to grab more people, I think this would be the perfect addition. Also since you can adhoc and get it online for the PSP version, they might as well just make a proper system for it.

(ALSO IT BETTER HAVE PSP TO PS3 SAVE BONUS LIKE BBS TO BBSFM DID. If you had a BBS clear save file, BBSFM gave you awards for the trophies you had obtained. Also in example, MGS:pW let people use their PSP save for the PS3 version. All I want is the same feature as the PSP games did.)

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Woot! So, so excited for this! KHIIFM (that might as well have been its own game), BbSFM for PS3, and Re:Coded cutscenes! It's a dream come true! And sort of flattering that we fans were able to guess all of this. LOL.

I wonder what's happening with 3D though... I guess we'll know soon enough.

Also... Might I just say it was bloody brilliant to open with the "looks like my summer vacation is over" line? And then we all shed another collective tear there, but of joy this time. LOL.

Also, I really appreciate how they used Aqua's line for this trailer. I always liked that segment of her tale in BbS, and it summarized the overall story of the game pretty well.

Plus, sadly, those children did live out their lives, and in this very collection, no less! Me wonders if that's part of the reason they put BbS in II.5 instead of I.5.

And.. was that one line about Nobodies new for the trailer? I don't remember that at all. Was that Roxas talking?

Last edited:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Well this certainly brightened up my day. xD I just hope it's not a six month wait between releases again. :/

They have everything to gain if they add an online mode for Mirage Arena. SE is aware of the huge pull multiplayer games have...If they want to grab more people, I think this would be the perfect addition. Also since you can adhoc and get it online for the PSP version, they might as well just make a proper system for it.

(ALSO IT BETTER HAVE PSP TO PS3 SAVE BONUS LIKE BBS TO BBSFM DID. If you had a BBS clear save file, BBSFM gave you awards for the trophies you had obtained. Also in example, MGS:pW let people use their PSP save for the PS3 version. All I want is the same feature as the PSP games did.)

I would expect them to put online multiplayer in and it would give people more reason to play.

Me wonders if that's part of the reason they put BbS in II.5 instead of I.5. Also... was that one line about Nobodies new for the trailer? I don't remember that at all. Was that Roxas talking?

The main reason BBS is in this collection is because a lot of what happens in the game connects more to KH2 and Coded so it made sense to put it in with those two.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also... was that one line about Nobodies new for the trailer? I don't remember that at all. Was that Roxas talking?

Sora says that to the Beast after their first encounter with Xaldin.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thank GOD this is coming out on the PS3! I was kind of annoyed that KHIII was for the PS4, because that'd mean I'd bought the PS3 for ONE GAME. Now I'm kind of okay with it, because TWO FINAL MIXES ON THE PS3, hells yeah.

It's actually THREE Final Mixes, as BBS also has one. ;)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
mPgT5oz.gif

Dat bicep.

Yep, much more refined.
It's also blatantly obvious I think on the white cords on Aqua's abdomen and the red pleated collar on Ven's jacket as well as the shoulder-armor where the improvements lie.

Kevin Perez

Maybe well get a shirtless Terra to play as for DLC......When pigs fly. Maybe we'll also get a scene where he declares his love for Aqua and propses that Ven become thier surrogate son......When Hell freezes over.

Terra looks very manly there (and hotter too). Aqua looks bluer as well. Ven's eyebrow is visible too.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@gamerobber7 True enough. LOL. And really, I knew that was the reason, but it certainly doesn't hurt marketing that it works so well for that marketing, either;)

@Sign Thank you for the clarification, Sign! Now that you mention it, I remember Sora saying that now. I really need to replay KHII again... LOL.

And OMG. Did Sora's line actually work pretty well in summarizing a trailer for once?! XD (You know, since Nomura said it's sometimes hard to make KH trailers because of some of Sora's lackluster lines?)

@MATGSY Holy crap. They did change Terra's bicep, huh? It looks a lot better now, honestly. In fact, I didn't even realize how anatomically weird it originally looked until now. I don't think I'm going to be able to look at Terra's original model the same again... I'm so glad they fixed that.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
What was the song arrangement for this video? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back