• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► D23 Expo Japan Coverage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Taking place from October 12-14, Japan will play host to the first ever D23 Fan Expo to take place outside of the United States. and it's certainly no surprise that Kingdom Hearts will be featured at the event.

Of most significance is the Kingdom Hearts Limited Stage, held on October 14th from 15:00-16:00 within the Maihama Ampitheater at the Disney Resort. Series Director Tetsuya Nomura and Producer Shinji Hashimoto will be in attendance, along with key voice actors, Miyu Irino, Mamoru Miyano and Kouki Uchiyama. During this stage, they'll discuss their experiences with the series and development over the past 11 years, answer questions submitted via Square Enix Members, and reveal new information regarding the long awaited Kingdom Hearts III. A brand new clip of KH3 will also be revealed at this event!

As the event continues to run over the next few days, all information regarding Kingdom Hearts will be compiled here. We can't wait to see what's in store for us, and hope you'll join us during coverage!

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Youtube to catch all the information from D23 Expo Japan as soon as it surfaces!

Note: All updates will be listed under local time (GMT 9+)

Monday, October 14th 2013

22:30 PM - SQEXGAL translates Aibo's report from D23; "The KH3 trailer was composed of battle scenes. The first scene is Traverse Town fighting Heartless, where Sora jumps up and unleashes a homing fire attack?! The Keyblade changes into something that shoots a repeated fire barrage! Next the lighted boat attraction (Peter Pan boat) is shown swaying back and forth, Sora Goofy and Donald are in the front of the boat. (Donald is strapped in by the safety bar). They attack the enemy while they sway in the boat. In the Rock Titan battle, the Big Thunder Mountain type attraction proceeds forward, the coaster tracks gradually appearing. It seems to attack as it surrounds the Rock Titan. (According to other reports, the Big Thunder Mountain skill logo was shown with a gauge.) According to Nomura, what's shown in the trailer is already the kind of play that's possible. (SQEXGALff-reunion)

21:04 PM - Gamer.ne.jp uploaded a report from D23. (via Gamer.ne)

17:42 PM - Tomoco Kanemaki (novelist, 358/2 Days scenario writer) & series composer Yoko Shimomura take a photo together! (via tomotomoco)

16:55 PM - Sora dual wielding guns seems to be related to an attraction involving little green men (via @sqexgal @MelaXas)

16:37 PM - Sora's new attacks are reminiscent of Disneyland attractions. You can also see Captain Hook's pirate ship lit up like the Electrical Parade (via @sqexgal @Master_Goof)

16:34 PM - Looks like Sora could transform the Keyblade to perform dual wielding gun attacks (via @sqexgal @usumasuku)

16:33 PM - The KH3 trailer features something that is reminiscent of Disneyland attractions. There's a train summon like the Electrical Parade, and there is a Rock Titan battle in Traverse Town (via @sqexgal @usamasuku @aibo_ac7)

16:27 PM - The final trailer shows Terra performing the Rite of Succession on Riku (via @sqexgal @shiki_13)

16:16 PM - Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX official JPN site launches

16:15 PM - Dengeki reports on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX (via @dengekionline)

16:13 PM - Special trailer compiling scenes from previous titles ends with the line, "To you, wherever you are in this world." (via @aibo_ac7 @sqexgal)

16:03 PM - Playstation uploads the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix trailer. Showcases playable KH2FM, BBSFM and Re:coded scenes. Playstation 3 exclusive (via @Playstation)

16:01 PM - Photo session with the cast and Donald and Goofy (via @aibo_ac7)

15:57 PM - Hashimoto returns with Donald and Goofy (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 54 PM - Sora and Riku confirmed for KH3, please look forward to Roxas and others. (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 53 PM - Riding and fighting on boats and illuminated trains like a Disneyland attraction. Nomura says this trailer is like you are playing the game itself (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 51 PM - Quality has greatly improved since E3 (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 49 PM - New KH3 trailer being shown (via @aibo_ac7)

15:49 PM - About the singing scenes in KH2 Atlantica: Irino: "I can sing Under the Sea! It was so fun, I've played it so many times"(via @aibo_ac7 @goldpanner)

15:47 PM - Uchiyama: "Me having two roles aside, voicing Neku was hard" (via @aibo_ac7 @goldpanner)

15:46 PM - Miyano: "In the beginning, Riku turned to the darkness... then things after that were like atonement. Voicing him has been sad at times." (via @aibo_ac7 @goldpanner)

15:44 PMWhat has changed since you first voiced Sora? Irino: "My voice changed (due to growing up), so we grew up together" He listens to his previous work to prepare when it's been a while, but now his old voice makes him go 'wah' (via @aibo_ac7 @goldpanner)

15:40 PM - Uchiyama: "Roxas is at the age of a middle schooler. Since things are gloomy for him I try to keep in mind the pent-up anger to vent, and what he'd be thinking etc." (via @aibo_ac7 @goldpanner)

15:39 PM - Miyano: "Everyone was having fun, while Riku was going dark. Guess he was just too cool, the silly butt."(via @aibo_ac7 @goldpanner)

15:38 PM - What do you like about your character? Irino: "He's direct, honest, and a hero" Others: "So pure!" (via @aibo_ac7 @goldpanner)

15: 37 PM - QA begins with voice actors (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 35 PM - Scene of Roxas saying his summer vacation is over, Uchiyama talks about how his voice sounded girly as he recorded for Roxas in his second year of middle school (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 34 PM - Shows the final scene of KH1 with Riku behind the door telling Sora to take care of Kairi, Miyano comments about how cool the voice is (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 32 PM - The original trailer of Kingdom Hearts is shown, Irino talks about how much his voice has changed over the years (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 29 PM - Nomura returns (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 27 PM - Miyu Irino (Sora), Mamoru Miyano (Riku), Risa Uchida (Kairi) and Kouki Uchiyama (Roxas) appear on stage (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 26 PM - Nomura and Hashimoto leave the stage (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 25 PM - Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix has been announced and will be released next year! Platform not specified. (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 23 PM - Roxas appears on screen! (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 22 PM - Nomura talks about new Kingdom Hearts x[chi] worlds to be added later on (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 21 PM - Hashimoto is presenting the history of Kingdom Hearts, and announces Kingdom Hearts 3. Also talks about Kingdom Hearts x[chi](via @aibo_ac7)

15: 16 PM - A trailer of the early stages of Kingdom Hearts is being shown (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 15 PM - Sora's pants were originally meant to be orange (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 14 PM - Early storyboards of Sora are being shown onscreen (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 13 PM - Hashimoto and Nomura worked together on the original Kingdom Hearts, which has shipped over 20 million units worldwide. (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 12 PM - Nomura is clad in Roen attire again. (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 11 PM - Kingdom Hearts 3 is being introduced. Nomura and Hashimoto appear on stage. (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 09 PM - Star Wars, The Avengers games, and KH games are being introduced (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 07 PM - Disney Infinity is being introduced (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 04 PM - Disney CEO Bob Iger arrives on-stage (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 01 PM - Mickey is shown on screen, and a trailer introducing previous titles is playing. (via @aibo_ac7)

14: 56 PM - There are 3D holograms of the Keyblade rotating, including the X-blade (via @aibo_ac7)

14: 45 PM - Series Composer Yoko Shimomura is also in attendance (via @midiplex)

14: 41 PM - Kingdom Hearts music is playing in the background (via @usamasuku)

14: 39 PM - KH novelist Tomoco Kanemaki is attending the Limited Stage. (via @tomotomoco)

Saturday, October 12th 2013

12:47 PM - Exclusive sketch of Sora drawn and autographed by Tetsuya Nomura is being auctioned off - (via @luce10wa) (via @hinako1014) (via @star_klef)

(Note: We've fixed up the artwork, view it below)

12:10 PM - Walt Disney Company CEO - Bob Iger - gave a lecture at the event with Kingdom Hearts as one of the topics. Mentions the announcement to be made on the 14th - (via @aibo_ac7)

Gallery

Gram

Banned
Awards
Is it bad I find the auctioned sketch the most exciting part?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We only have two pieces of information so far, so it's either one or the other xD

But I'll rejoice whenever a Disney representative mentions KH, especially at one of their own events!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, it shows that KH is recognised as something that's actually major, not just a product hitchhiking on Disney. I'm really looking forward to the reportage of this event!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Them talking about an "announcement" on the 14th is making me ponder...

Grrrrrrrrrr, must not fantasize about 2.5

TepidShark

Awards
Cool that Iger mentioned Kingdom Hearts in his opening presentation. Still extremely excited for whatever they have planned for sunday (monday in Japan).

PS. Is anybody going to be liveblogging the Kingdom Hearts event to your knowledge?

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I shouldn't be surprised at the lack of Risa Uchida yet somehow I still am.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Weird they would have Iger at the Kingdom Hearts event when he got done with his own presentation about 2 hours ago. Still extremely excited for whatever they have planned.

PS. Is anybody going to be liveblogging the Kingdom Hearts event to your knowledge?

What? Iger only mentioned the KH event during his lecture. Not that he'll be at it. If he actually goes, though...wow Disney really does give a damn xD

TepidShark

Awards
What? Iger only mentioned the KH event during his lecture. Not that he'll be at it. If he actually goes, though...wow Disney really does give a damn xD

I misread the story, already corrected my post. Can't wait for Sunday. Do you know if anybody is going to live blog the Kingdom Hearts event?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Them talking about an "announcement" on the 14th is making me ponder...

Grrrrrrrrrr, must not fantasize about 2.5
It's probably best to throw 2.5 out of your head right now. It's only going to cause disappointment if it's not there again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I misread the story, already corrected my post. Can't wait for Sunday. Do you know if anybody is going to live blog the Kingdom Hearts event?

I'm sure somebody will on the internet. Since the tickets for the panel were given out by lottery, I don't think many of our usual suspects will be at the event. I think one is...

TepidShark

Awards
It's probably best to throw 2.5 out of your head right now. It's only going to cause disappointment if it's not there again.

Weird, considering your profile says you are playing 2.5. What are you hiding!?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I'm sure somebody will on the internet. Since the tickets for the panel were given out by lottery, I don't think many of our usual suspects will be at the event. I think one is...

I'm going to guess the owner of rebirth wings or aibo?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think Bob actually decides on who is a Disney Princess. While I have nothing against Kairi, I can think of at least seven other female Disney characters that deserve the Disney Princess spot more than Kairi...like Esmerelda...or even Kida who is an actual princess...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
New%20Sketch%2003.jpg

Javelin434

Awards
I don't think Bob actually decides on who is a Disney Princess. While I have nothing against Kairi, I can think of at least seven other female Disney characters that deserve the Disney Princess spot more than Kairi...like Esmerelda...or even Kida who is an actual princess...
True, but personally it would be nice to at least suggest the idea. Not sure how much flak I'll get for wanting that though...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
True, but personally it would be nice to at least suggest the idea. Not sure how much flak I'll get for wanting that though...

You're not the first, so no worries~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back