• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

Did you guys play FFVIII? Squall's entire personally revolves around not emoting lol. David Boreanaz was perfect, considering he is the guy for dark and brooding characters as the guy who played Angel.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

Did you guys play FFVIII? Squall's entire personally revolves around not emoting lol. David Boreanaz was perfect, considering he is the guy for dark and brooding characters as the guy who played Angel.

I respectfully disagree. In FFVIII i viewed Squall is as a character who hides his emotions, and feelings behind an Aloof, Stouc, and uncaring attitude. It breaks as early as the first Disc. (I won't be refers to in past tense.).

It does work for KH1 Leon though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Okay I had a huge hype moment earlier that I said I wouldn't have. If there is an Atlantis world in KH3, that means they will get Cree Summers and Jason Marsden (since I doubt Michael J. Fox would reprise his role after they got Jason Marsden to play Milo in the second film) and there'd be more Leonard Nimoy ;A;

Except KH1's Leon was not FFVIII's Squall. The guy was a lot more emotional, even if he got exasperated by Sora most of the time but that is Squall's natural state of being in any appearance he makes. I think I have a huge appreciation for KH1 because every non-dialogue scene with Leon had him totally shut down and do that hand-to-forehead thing he always does. Er...anyways.

For KH1's Leon that didn't really talk outside of a couple of scenes, and mainly to tell Sora something, it was fine. In KH2 he was a lot more...happy and expressive. I don't think David Boreanaz would have been able to give the role what it needed without sounding wooden or phoned in.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk

First off, sorry to revive a 10 day old topic, but this is my first chance to post in a while and I had to get caught up.

I listened to some of Xaldin's cutscenes on youtube and he didn't sound so weird in 2.
It shouldn't be this bad.

Like Ethy said
The things that change in seven years...
Voices just change over time, if you do not get to keep your footing in the character.
I mean just listen to James Arnold Tayler as Tidus in FFX and then in the Dissidias, quite the difference I'd say. (For the better.)

Last time the VA voiced him was in 2010 and that sounded fine.
True, but Dilan never sounded anything like Xaldin to me.
Xaldin in KHII sounded like he honestly didn't care about anything. He was cold and monotone.
Dilan though sounded like the opposite, a guy who, while doing his duty, is open to kids, and I beleived that he really wanted to protect Radiant Garden from monsters, when the Unverse boss showed up.

Xaldin sounds WEIRD. I didn't remember him sounding that weird in KH2. He sounded more British there, but in Days he sounds very Asian.

Asian? To me his voice just sounded more rough than his KHII counterpart. Which again is what happens when you don't get to keep your footing in the character for years.

Like in one interview I once heard with a VA, where the VA said that the hardest part in being called back to voice a character, was when said character was previously just some unnamed guy in the crowd. (I have a vierd suspicion that it is KHI's interview with Ben Diskin, but I really don't remember) And Xaldin, Demyx & Luxord all had very little dialogue in KHII, so I am villing to count them under the category of that unknown dude in the background. If only they had had more scenes in both games it wouldn't have been as noticable.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you.
I cringed when watching the scene with all the characters, and their voices weren't quite right.
But my cringe was more of sadness, then of anger, because these guys never got a chance to voice their characters in these past 7 years. (Again, I don't think Dilan & Xaldin are the same.) And it's not like it was completely impossible for them to show up.

Here's hoping they (David, Ryan & Robin) get to voice their charcters again some other time.

Awards

What about James Earl Jones providing the voice of the next villain after the Dark Seeker saga?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

James Earl Jones already voiced Aqua in Birth by Sleep, according to the all-knowing IMDB.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

I highly doubt James Earl Jones would be involved in the KH series. They couldn't get him to reprise his role as Mufasa in KHII (they used archive audio), and he almost never reprises his role as Darth Vader in the various Star Wars video games. I would hope that if KHIII includes a Star Wars world, maybe they could get him to reprise his role as Darth Vader, but I highly doubt it.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

So I was wondering, f there is a Marvel world, what voices would they choose.

Josh Keaton or Drake Bell as Spider-Man?

Brain Bloom, or Roger Craig Smith as Captain America?

Eric Loomis or, Adrain Pasdar as Iron Man?

And so on. The only voice that I would I see returning 100% is Fred Tataschoire as the Hulk.

sonickenshin

Awards

So I was wondering, f there is a Marvel world, what voices would they choose.

Josh Keaton or Drake Bell as Spider-Man?

Brain Bloom, or Roger Craig Smith as Captain America?

Eric Loomis or, Adrain Pasdar as Iron Man?

And so on. The only voice that I would I see returning 100% is Fred Tataschoire as the Hulk.
Probably the latter 3, since they're using them more regularly lately.

kingmickey88

Probably the latter 3, since they're using them more regularly lately.

So, its not likely that none of the film actors would do Kingdom Hearts III> I think it'd be pretty amazing if Robert, both Chris's reprise their roles. :)

Now if Toy Story became a world It would be amazing if both Tom Hanks and Tim Allen did the voices of woody and buzz :) only an opinion :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Now if Toy Story became a world It would be amazing if both Tom Hanks and Tim Allen did the voices of woody and buzz :) only an opinion :)

It would be fantastic! The only worry is that they'd cost too much to hire. They didn't reprise their roles for Disney Infinity, though I think Kingdom Hearts 3 has enough notoriety behind it to at least warrant some big star names.

If Disney is stingy, they will go with Stephen Stanton for Buzz, though. And they need a better Woody. I hate the one for DI xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Stephen Stanton sounded like Tim Allen in the Toy Story 3 video game, which was really good.

Jim Hanks sounded a bit off though.

Scorpio

Okay I had a huge hype moment earlier that I said I wouldn't have. If there is an Atlantis world in KH3, that means they will get Cree Summers and Jason Marsden (since I doubt Michael J. Fox would reprise his role after they got Jason Marsden to play Milo in the second film) and there'd be more Leonard Nimoy ;A;
That was actually James Arnold Taylor, though I can see your confusion between him and Jason Marsden. I'm a huge fan of Taylor, and since they already got him to do his impersonation of Johnny Depp--impersonating Keith Richards--in KHII, it would be too much of a stretch to bring him in for his Michael J. Fox & David Spade impressions.

I've got high hopes for a Jungle Book world, but since Ed Gilbert died I don't know if there's ever been a high demand for Phil Harris impersonators. John Goodman voiced Baloo in the sequel, but even if they managed to get John Goodman, I personally felt he was miscast for that role. And as much as I love Corey Burton, I felt his Tony Jay impression felt a bit lifeless in DDD, so if he is hired to reprise it as Shere Khan I hope a little more menace & snobbishness could be added. Jim Cummings as Kaa will be enjoyable without a doubt.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I just need Hayden and Brittany to come back as Kairi/Namine respectively.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I don't think Brittney Snow is ever coming back.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Brittany hasn't voiced Namine since 2006. Meaghan Jette Martin has taken over the role and is doing a fabulous job.

Hayden... is iffy. Ultimately it depends on her schedule.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I don't think Brittney Snow is ever coming back.

Why? Just because she's a bigger star now? She probably is doing like Hayden and only coming in for numbered titles.

moonstar_xo

Hayden voiced Kairi/Xion for BBS and Xion for DDD. Brittany did not voice Namine in either title (though I don't remember if Namine even spoke in DDD?).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's worth mentioning that the two games that Hayden came back for only required her to say less than 10 words altogether.

Why? Just because she's a bigger star now? She probably is doing like Hayden and only coming in for numbered titles.

It's been 7 years, and we've passed 5 games. Even Hayden came back for numbered titles (BBS and 3D both fall into this category without having the number in the actual title), when Brittany didn't. She's not coming back.

Last edited:
Awards

Stephen Stanton sounded like Tim Allen in the Toy Story 3 video game, which was really good.

Jim Hanks sounded a bit off though.
Patrick Warburton sounds more like Buzz the most.

That was actually James Arnold Taylor, though I can see your confusion between him and Jason Marsden. I'm a huge fan of Taylor, and since they already got him to do his impersonation of Johnny Depp--impersonating Keith Richards--in KHII, it would be too much of a stretch to bring him in for his Michael J. Fox & David Spade impressions.

I've got high hopes for a Jungle Book world, but since Ed Gilbert died I don't know if there's ever been a high demand for Phil Harris impersonators. John Goodman voiced Baloo in the sequel, but even if they managed to get John Goodman, I personally felt he was miscast for that role. And as much as I love Corey Burton, I felt his Tony Jay impression felt a bit lifeless in DDD, so if he is hired to reprise it as Shere Khan I hope a little more menace & snobbishness could be added. Jim Cummings as Kaa will be enjoyable without a doubt.
Don't forget King Louie.

Back