• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Synthesis Progression Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Nova

Hello, let me just start by saying that I'm new to the forum, but not to KH. Well I've just completed my normal difficulty run of KH1, but I didn't do any of the Final Mix stuff like fighting Unknown, I'll save that for my proud run. :) I'm ready to start the proud run but I noticed when attempting synthesis the first time round that it was COMPLETELY different from the original game. I've already looked at the synthesis guide on this forum, but what I'm looking for here is a strategy on how to avoid that last desperate scramble for materials. How can I make it so I can get most of the items when they become available?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Hi there, and welcome. You'll be having a great time here. :)

For the materials familiar to KH, like Shards, Gems, and Crystals, you won't be having too much difficulty in gathering them. They have been left largely unchanged, if not at all.

The most major change is arguably the inclusion of Stones. These can only be obtained from miniboss-like Heartless that require specific strategies. You can refer to the Item Synthesis guide thread for more details (I'm sorry I can't post links right now as I'm writing this via mobile).

There isn't any particular point of time when the special Heartless would appear, actually. You can find them as soon as you've gained access to their spawn area, which means you can start farming for Stones early. However, it might not be wise, considering how difficult slaying them can be especially in lower levels.

Actually, the hunt for the Stones isn't particularly hard if you know the right tactics for each Heartless (eg. Strike Raid or Dumbo for Gigas Shadows, Aeroga for pot Scorpion and Jet Balloon, etc). It's just it could get tedious due to the sheer amount of Stones you need.

I think that's why most would wait until late into the game and have obtained the spells that would make it easier. Besides, some of the very high-end items need Stormy Stones, which only Neoshadows drop, which again will only spawn in the second last room of the game. I guess there's no absolutely getting rid of this late-game final desperate scramble, although it can be mitigated in a way.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Once you synthesize 15 items you get Encounter Plus. It will be your best friend for synthesizing materials.

Wave57

Awards
There are also some of the mini-boss heartless which will require you to have a high MP (Like the sniperwilds and the Pink Agaricus). So make sure you equip accessories and weapons as needed. :p

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
There are also some of the mini-boss heartless which will require you to have a high MP (Like the sniperwilds and the Pink Agaricus). So make sure you equip accessories and weapons as needed. :p

For Sniperwilds, you can actually make your way far enough from the monkeys (e.g. to the First District entrance). This way the game registers that there are no Heartless in your immediate vicinity and allows you to open the menu, allowing you to use Ethers to replenish Sora's MP at your convenience.

That said, these guys (or girls, I believe) are still a flaming royal pain in the butt to defeat without being spotted...

Red Nova

Yeah, I just finished Wonderland and on my way out I encountered some Gigas Shadows... They slaughtered me.

Stefan

Also new here and I just wanted to say that the Gigas Shadows scared the crap out of me the first time I encountered them. Anyway, they can't seem to hit you when Aeroga is cast which makes it a lot easier to obtain the item. Strike Raid too, indeed. Getting the Serenity Stone from the Pink Agaricus is the biggest pain imo.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Also new here and I just wanted to say that the Gigas Shadows scared the crap out of me the first time I encountered them. Anyway, they can't seem to hit you when Aeroga is cast which makes it a lot easier to obtain the item. Strike Raid too, indeed. Getting the Serenity Stone from the Pink Agaricus is the biggest pain imo.

Well, your sentiment is shared by many! There's even an ongoing thread dedicated to Pink Agaricus and it alone: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...38-pink-agaricus-heartless-frustration-4.html

You can refer to this thread if you need strategies to force the Agaricus to fork out as many Serenity Powers as possible. If you're also looking for Prime Cap, you can try some of the strategies elaborated there as well.

Stefan

Well, your sentiment is shared by many! There's even an ongoing thread dedicated to Pink Agaricus and it alone: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...38-pink-agaricus-heartless-frustration-4.html

You can refer to this thread if you need strategies to force the Agaricus to fork out as many Serenity Powers as possible. If you're also looking for Prime Cap, you can try some of the strategies elaborated there as well.
Noticed the thread a little bit ago, it has some great tips, thanks!

Thanks for the advice! Do you happen to know if aero/aerora will work or only aeroga?
I think Aeroga, but I'm not sure. In any case you can use Strike Raid, like mentioned before, since it makes you invulnerable to any attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back