• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

The only true myth which is 100% real about the Matterhorn was a basketball court is inside the Matterhorn.

I guess your not too keen about John DiMaggio voicing Gilgamesh.

I didn't say that at all. I just was saying that John DiMaggio should be in KH regardless of whoever he'd voice because he's awesome.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

DiMaggio is too awesome to *not* be in this series, if only in a minor role.(ninja'd)

And thusly, the Simpsons/Futurama/Kingdom Hearts trinity would be complete, since we already got Dan Castellaneta and Tress MacNeille.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

John Dimaggio voiced one of the pirates that you can beat the shit out of

kingmickey88

I watched a bit of 358 footage and it was good, but it is a little sad not to hear Wayne or christopher Lee :(

Awards

I watched a bit of 358 footage and it was good, but it is a little sad not to hear Wayne or christopher Lee :(
You do hear Wayne's voice of Mickey plus the credits did say in honor of Wayne Alwine since this was his final role as Mickey before he pass away.

I try to think that Chloe Grace Mortez or Moretz whatever her last name is should voice a KH character or FF character but don't know which role would fit her perfectly to voice.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

You actually do hear Wayne Allwine's original lines (remember, he really only recorded grunts for Days)
Christopher Lee disappointed me though. HE ALREADY DID THE DIALOGUE, WHY DID YOU REDUBB IT?!

Not to knock on Corey Burton, but IT'S CHRISTOPHER LEE! (plus, Corey Burton already voices enough characters in Kingdom Hearts as it is... it's starting to become very obvious when it's Corey Burton voicing a character and that's not a good thing)

On the subject of a voice actor I would want in Kingdom Hearts, my vote goes to Benedict Cumberbatch. Probably a Xehanort vessel. Or maybe even the villain for the new saga. Or not a villain at all. I don't care. I just want to hear that awesome voice of his in a Kingdom Hearts game!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Not to knock on Corey Burton, but IT'S CHRISTOPHER LEE! (plus, Corey Burton already voices enough characters in Kingdom Hearts as it is... it's starting to become very obvious when it's Corey Burton voicing a character and that's not a good thing)
Cause there is a difference between grunts and actual voices. If they left it as Christopher Lee, it would have been a pretty big difference for when Corey's lines come in. I don't blame them for recording over.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Apologies for the double post, but can we please talk about the voice actor for Xaldin in Days.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Demyx too please. It's the weirdest thing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Xaldin sounds WEIRD. I didn't remember him sounding that weird in KH2. He sounded more British there, but in Days he sounds very Asian.

Perhaps it has been a long time since we've played KH2?

Also Demyx sounds so dorky now. The things that change in seven years...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I listened to some of Xaldin's cutscenes on youtube and he didn't sound so weird in 2.
It shouldn't be this bad. Last time the VA voiced him was in 2010 and that sounded fine.

moonstar_xo

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who thought Demyx and Xaldin sounded odd.

Jesse McCartney has gotten so good as Roxas. He was spot-on.

Miminezz

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who thought Demyx and Xaldin sounded odd.

Jesse McCartney has gotten so good as Roxas. He was spot-on.

^^^^YES, Jesse McCartney blew me away with his performance!! Seriously, he's become one of my favorite actors over the course of the series! And I'll admit that when he was announced to play Roxas back in '06 for KH2, I was rather skeptical.

As far as Xaldin, Demyx and Luxord go, I think if they had been given more lines we would've adjusted to their voices. I mean the last time their actors played these guys was a couple of years ago (even more for Luxord and Demyx).

Awards

I know I might get flame for this but anyone think Dakota Fanning should've voice Larxene?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

No! Shanelle grey is fine thank you.

kingmickey88

You actually do hear Wayne Allwine's original lines (remember, he really only recorded grunts for Days)
Christopher Lee disappointed me though. HE ALREADY DID THE DIALOGUE, WHY DID YOU REDUBB IT?!

On the subject of a voice actor I would want in Kingdom Hearts, my vote goes to Benedict Cumberbatch. Probably a Xehanort vessel. Or maybe even the villain for the new saga. Or not a villain at all. I don't care. I just want to hear that awesome voice of his in a Kingdom Hearts game!

I'm saying that because we know he has died and the fact that was the final voice over as mickey when it came out. Grunts and screams doesnt feel the same besides the actual dialouge.
Nobody can really say that Corey will top with what Christopher Lee has done, he brought this spark that made the character great and it won't be the same for sure.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I know I might get flame for this but anyone think Dakota Fanning should've voice Larxene?

Why are we going to replace Ariel Winter's very awesome voice actor sister Shanelle Gray for a girl who sounds very wooden when she speaks?

So they wouldn't have to pay Christopher Lee for the use of his voice. Pretty certain he's expensive to pay royalties to.

YES. I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY. I was saying this yesterday and thinking it ages ago but yes Benedict would be perfect. He needs to at least be a Disney villain in some film, then reprise that villain in KH.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Christopher Lee didn't record all of the dialogue needed for DiZ in the Days cinematic, there are like two new scenes with the character and Lee is very old and from what Richard Epcar has said may not be the most patient person to work with when it comes to dubbing and may be fairly expensive to bring in. It may have just been best for the entire series to continue with Burton from now on in everything new.

(And Dakota Fanning was 14 in 2008 when Re:CoM was dubbed, so...probably not ideal, no.)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Yeah, when the voice director tried to pull the stuff the did with Epcar on him he basically said "I'm going to read these lines the way I see them and then I'm going home".

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Benedict Cumberbatch would be awesome to have. It's innevitable that Sora, Riku, Ventus/Roxas, and Lea will keep their VAs. I myself would be disappointed if Leonard Nimoy didn't reprise his role as MX, I mean it is the final game in Xehanort's saga, might as well finish with him. As for someone new, I wonder if Ian Mckellen could be some new old man character, probably a distant Keyblade Master apart from the ones we know.

Back